Page 27 of 67 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 66 67
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Originally Posted by pointer
I am sure they are all decent racks. Not sure what they cost but I am sure they are all in the same ballpark. As far as the bar goes I would spend the extra if more for the Rogue Ohio Bar. As far as space goes I believe where there is a will there is a way. Having your own gym leaves you with no excuses, it's open 24/7/365!

What MCH said. A good bar is worth putting $ into....I learned the hard way. Bought 2 cheap 300 lb sets years ago....back then there weren't many options for bumpers. The first time I did hang cleans with 225 the bar bent. I took it back to the box store and they replaced it with the best bar they had...was really nice of them to do that. That bar made it to hang cleans with 275 before it bent. I ordered a needle bearing olympic lifting competition bar from Pendley along with bumper plates and that bar will last the rest of my life. I still use the bent one for squats, bench, etc...but nothing ballistic.

I built a rack years ago....probably 16 or 17 years ago. I love being able to train at home.
275# hang cleans is nothing to sneeze at! Well done! IIRC you mentioned doing reverse hypers, do you do those at home? If so, care to post pics of your set up for those? Looking to make back stronger and those look like a good addition; especially if you watch the Westside barbell documentary... wink

I use the reverse hyper every time I lift. I don't use it so much for strength building but for the traction/active decompression effect on my lower back....nothing else can mimic what it does. That said, if you don't have any back issues I'm not sure that I'd sink the $ in it but for my use I'll never be without it.

I can take a pic later but it's the following. Titan has an economy version as well but I haven't tried it.

https://www.titan.fitness/strength/specialty-machines/lower-body/h-pnd/400593.html

Edited to add: Westside barbell/Louie created the rev hyper and he's constantly pushing it. After you use one, it sells itself on what it can do for a back. There's a reason they use it like they do.

The RH-2 is on the top of my list for next buys. I can't afford the Westside.

I have the Rogue RH-2 AND the Rogue GHD 2.0, and BOTH delivered are cheaper by half than the Westside Ultra Supreme Reverse Hyper...and that's without straining either...and I'm a pretty serious age class CFer and Nordic Ski/Biathlon competitor...

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Scott
After further review I'm liking the Rogue SML-2. I want a pull up bar even though I suck at them. Only way to get better is to keep working on them. Nothing is in stock anywhere so I have to wait to order. Meanwhile still riding the bike and hitting the treadmill. Bodyweight and dumbell work tonight.

Have to do more research on barbell. I like center knurling and most of the Rogue bars don't have that. Plates really add up too. This may be tougher to face my wife with than buying a another bow.

$608 for that SML-2 and $695 for the R3, a full rack with Westside spec's... no brainer... (I have 3)

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Have to do more research on barbell. I like center knurling and most of the Rogue bars don't have that. Plates really add up too. This may be tougher to face my wife with than buying a another bow.

I use the Ohio Power Bar at 29mm, center knurling and no whip in my cages...I have 3.

On my platform, for Oly lifts, I use the Rogue Bar 2.0. Though it is 28.5,, vs the really whippy 28's it is really frikken awesom for oly lifts ie cleans, jeks/snatches.

Just a GREAT bar...and I have 6 others including Eleiko, Texas Power Bar, Titan and REP...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Journeyman
After further review I'm liking the Rogue SML-2. I want a pull up bar even though I suck at them. Only way to get better is to keep working on them. Nothing is in stock anywhere so I have to wait to order. Meanwhile still riding the bike and hitting the treadmill. Bodyweight and dumbell work tonight.

$608 for that SML-2 and $695 for the R3, a full rack with Westside spec's... no brainer... (I have 3)

Available room dictates the SML-2
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/gallery/80/full/126282.jpg

There's a wall on the right just out of frame. About 9'-0" left to right. Cheap bench and pull-up/dip stand will go.

I used a 29mm power bar at the Y for all lifts so will probably stay with that.

"There is no excellance in Archery without great labor".
Maurice Thompson 1879

Nothing clears a troubled mind better than shooting a bow.
Fred Bear
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
That sucks Battue I hope you caught it soon enough.

NBD I knew it was coming, my fault for putting it off until it let loose.

laissez les bons temps rouler
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
No way I could spend the $ on Westside's versions of equipment. They are GREAT quality and for a gym full of folks who are pushing the limits like Westside is they would be worth it.....for a home gym with 1 person, even lifting heavy, they are really beyond what's needed. I do have their bands....but that's about all I can afford from them.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
4 miles on the trails with my wife and Tiny E, the snow and 15 degrees evidently keeping people off the trails as we didn't see a soul

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I think Rogues quality to price is perfect. I can afford to buy what I want and need, just not all at once.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
This mornings workout

Murph! frown

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
^ I can sympathize with that! laugh

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by mtwarden
^ I can sympathize with that! laugh

Not my favorite WOD. But my buddy has been challenging me to WOD's every couple of days, I think he is bored locked up back East!

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
definitely a toughie! I need to do one sometime this month

this afternoon:
5 rounds

30 situps
30 pushups
10 chinups

Last edited by mtwarden; 04/02/20.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
9 miles this afternoon hiking. Great day.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hoping for a good hike this weekend.

60min on bike the AM, dumbells and bodyweight stuff tonight.

"There is no excellance in Archery without great labor".
Maurice Thompson 1879

Nothing clears a troubled mind better than shooting a bow.
Fred Bear
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
For a reverse hyper, this is more in my price range...

https://www.garagegymreviews.com/diy-reverse-hyper-machine-under-100

That said, I could see myself, someday, getting one of the Titan econo models instead.

The Family and I did some KB work lastnight. 4min tabata of swings; 5 rnds of farmer carries, 4 rnds goblet squats; 3 rnds of single arm shoulder presses. Don't think the boys were that impressed with me as a PE teacher...

Last edited by pointer; 04/03/20.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
That would work but eventually wood's not going to make it.

For a while I bolted plywood across the safety bars (raised up) in my rack and used knee wraps to wrap a dumbell to my ankles and did the movement...not the best method to attach. Needed a pad under my hips. It worked Ok on the extension part. The decompression/swing under part not so much. I like to train in circuits and it limited that so I cut it out pretty quick. It was close to the method this guy uses but I did it from the side of the rack so my hip weight was over the safety bar.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
7 miles on the trails with Tiny E; sometimes it's good to remember how truly blessed you are- this helps smile

[Linked Image from imgur.com]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Finished the batch of parts I've been grinding on the last three weeks about 11 o'clock last night. Walked 7.4 miles just now with Cyn, with 450' climbing.

These were my arm weights the last few days. They are 18" and start as 1-3/4" stainless stock so starting weight is about 12 lbs. however the fixturing is simple and not hard on the body so that's nice. Plus I love shaft work- it's got a purity that's hard to find in this dirty imprecise old world. Anyway this has been my arm workout.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That would work but eventually wood's not going to make it.

For a while I bolted plywood across the safety bars (raised up) in my rack and used knee wraps to wrap a dumbell to my ankles and did the movement...not the best method to attach. Needed a pad under my hips. It worked Ok on the extension part. The decompression/swing under part not so much. I like to train in circuits and it limited that so I cut it out pretty quick. It was close to the method this guy uses but I did it from the side of the rack so my hip weight was over the safety bar.

Copy that. Thanks for the info.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Funny story for today's outing

We (Tint Elvis and I) planned on doing our go to hill workout- ~ 4 miles, with 1400' of gain in the first two miles- it's tiptoe steep in stretches! Anyways we take off from the trailhead and 99% of folks take a right up the main gulch, we headed for the steep ridge and was surprised when another guy and his dog followed in behind us. He stated that he didn't think anyone else used this trail (which they don't), I told him like to hit once every couple weeks. We were making conversation which isn't easy as it's steep right off the back. I'm pretty sure he was thinking we'd move over at any moment to let him by smile I just slowly increased increased the pace and pretty soon there was no more conversation, I kept pushing the pace and eventually I could tell he was falling back. I kept it in high gear and completely lost him, never let off the throttle until the very top. Needless to say I was thoroughly smoked! Funny what motivates a person laugh

Page 27 of 67 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 66 67

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

662 members (160user, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1973cb450, 69 invisible), 2,941 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,263
Posts18,467,132
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.