Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
B
Penn Battle II is a great choice for both fresh water and surf fishing

Originally Posted by Batchief909
You're going to like that Pflueger President....I own 4 of them. Good reels for the $$

I also agree with Batchief909, the president is great too

GB2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Looking at a new Pflueger Arbor strictly for casting distance for use below one of our power generation dams.

Will be putting it on a 9 or 10" Southern Crappie Rod.

Pretty much a Pflueger fan myself. Have others but prefer my Pfluegers.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Pflueger supreme for spinning. You can get good deals on ebay. I have never paid retail.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JimFromTN
Pflueger supreme for spinning. You can get good deals on ebay. I have never paid retail.

This was posted by JimFromTN :
I am an agitator because I don't agree with you and I don't run away because you throw infantile insults at me. I won't play along with your fantasies about fighting the government because they are trying take away your 2nd amendment rights. I am way too old to put up with pre-pubescent fabricated drama. The reality is that they can ban your ar15 and there is nothing you can do about it other than vote those people out and if you don't have the votes then you suck it up and accept it. We live in a republic, as I was earlier corrected, and all we can do is vote for our representatives. You want to die for your right to own an ar15, go ahead. I will be drinking a beer in my recliner watching it unfold on CNN.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Blacktail53
I’m running two Shimano Stratic CI4’s on steelhead float rigs.
Super lite weight, smooth and fast retrieve at 6.0:1....35” per handle revolution.

While twitching jigs for coho the other day, I found the retrieval rate of the Okuma reel I was using to be too slow.
Too much effort (compared to the Stratic) trying to keep the slack in control and not nearly as smooth.

So, I found myself looking for a deal on another Stratic....
A local dealer is closing out the Stratic FK 2500 series for a good price - enough that I’ve decided to snag two of them!

The FK is the aluminum body version of the CI4 and just a bit heavier - all else is the same.
Neither Stratic is inexpensive, but they are top picks for any serious angler.

You’ll have to spend a lot more $$ to get a better product.

I’ve been using Stradics as well. Coho on a spinning rod in the open ocean is a blast.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
Super lite weight, smooth and fast retrieve at 6.0:1....35” per handle revolution.

While twitching jigs for coho the other day, I found the retrieval rate of the Okuma reel I was using to be too slow.
Too much effort (compared to the Stratic) trying to keep the slack in control and not nearly as smooth.

A local dealer is closing out the Stratic FK 2500 series for a good price - enough that I’ve decided to snag two of them!

The FK is the aluminum body version of the CI4 and just a bit heavier - all else is the same.

I’ve been using Stradics as well. Coho on a spinning rod in the open ocean is a blast.

I'll bet!
Two days after buying the two FK's I put one to work on the Rogue.
I caught 3 Coho that day while twitching jigs - all of them natives and had to be released.
The reel worked flawlessly.

BT53
"Where do they find young men like this?" Reporter Savidge, Iraq
Elk, it's what's for dinner....

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle

I'll bet!
Two days after buying the two FK's I put one to work on the Rogue.
I caught 3 Coho that day while twitching jigs - all of them natives and had to be released.
The reel worked flawlessly.

We were outside the GH buoy outside Westport and a guy hooked a coho while trying to clip his line to the downrigger. A few minutes later, we noticed fish taking a swipe at the chartreuse downrigger clip. I whipped out my spinning rod I keep onboard for rockfish and tied on a 1/2 oz chartreuse and blue jig. Found a bait ball and tossed out the jig. Wham! Its amazing what kind of shoulders they got in 100 feet of water!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Daiwa all day long. Was a Shimano guy,,,, "was"...

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
You young whipper-snappers! The majority of my fishing revolves around ultra-light fishing with the Grandkids in the local creeks, ponds, & parks.

My old reels will date me for sure:

Penn 716

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Penn 714

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Both reels products of the 60's. I guess they're antiques..., like me.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by seal_billy
Daiwa all day long. Was a Shimano guy,,,, "was"...

x2

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I have FJ Stradics. They have worked well for me for years. Fresh and salt usage and tough as nails. Little heavier than most but extremely strong and machine work on gears is incredible. I clean them throughly and use Boca bearings and oil wo fail. They’re brutes. I try to buy every good used one I can find.

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Diawa Fuego, Shimano Stradic, Pflueger Presidential

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
87 members (10gaugemag, 99Ozarks, 257robertsimp, akshooting, 14 invisible), 1,647 guests, and 746 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,756
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.