-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I decided to try and lighten up my Excalibur package. I removed the scope it came with (over 20oz with cheap alloy rings), and mounted a See All Mk2 Open Sight (2.4oz). Took longer to find the teensy Allen wrench I'd put in a "safe" place than to get it dialed in at 30 yards. Test shots went well, no real difference in effective accuracy at that range, and handling and tote-ability are much improved since the See All is very compact. Might have to give it a try on turkeys in the Spring.

Needs more testing to be sure my choice of zero range is the best choice. The first two deer I shot with this bow were at about 35 yards, this year's pair both at about 20. Don't want to have to think too much when presented with a shot.

I took it outside at 4:30 (sunset, more or less now), and the delta reticle was still quite visible. There's a tritium-lit version on the way, which I picked up at 50% off from one of their frequent sales. That one has the crosshair and will go on a .22 of some sort for testing. Previously, I was able to mount the See All on a rail with a CTC green laser in front with no interference, so that might get another try.

https://seeallopensight.com/

Last edited by Pappy348; 01/03/20.

What fresh Hell is this?
GB1

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Forgot to mention that for my eyes anyway, the See All is in perfect focus, unlike irons or even red dots these days, a huge plus for me. I use 2.75-3.0 readers and a1.0-1.25 shroens up my distance view on most days. You do need to use both eyes for best results.

Also, the See All sights are battery-free, using a light-gathering polycarbonate lens and tritium on some models. They claim a 15-20 lifespan for the radioactive ones.

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
First I've seen of that sight. I wonder if that's legal for Colorado muzzy season

Affordable Sportfishing Charters and Cruises out of Noank CT - https://www.rowdygirlcharters.com/
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Bill_N
First I've seen of that sight. I wonder if that's legal for Colorado muzzy season

Nope,BTDT. I bought one for my Muzzle Loader but could not convince Colorado CPW that is was legal. I only recently sold it to a guy in Maine or New Hampshire.

I contacted Doug at Camera Land ( sponsor here on optics forum ) and he set me up with a Hawke red dot that list for $129 and sold it for $59. I have it on my Ten Point Invader Crossbow. I now got it close to being sighted in yesterday. Not a real high end one, but should do me. I have to wait for warmer weather and a lot of snow to melt before finally tweaking it in.

I found a neat little laser sight in tool on Amazon that is made from a .223 brass case. It screws into the arrow where the point goes. Set the crossbow on a rest and align the red dot to the laser . First shot in my shop was about 6"off..

Last edited by saddlesore; 01/26/20.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The jury's still out on this. I tested one on a .22 Friday and had some trouble at 50 yards. Seems that for me, this is a close-range sight. I have until September to figure it out.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Pappy348
The jury's still out on this. I tested one on a .22 Friday and had some trouble at 50 yards. Seems that for me, this is a close-range sight. I have until September to figure it out.

Yea,I think they work better on a handgun.The one I had I put it on my muzzle loader and I didn't think I could put it on target very quick.

Went you find what you wnat, look at these laser sight in tools .It worked pretty good for me.

https://www.amazon.com/TACFUN-Crossbow-Archery-Laser-Sight/dp/B01BHMSGSM/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3IA1012OAB2QF&dchild=1&keywords=crossbow+bore+sighting+laser&qid=1580223820&sprefix=Laser+crossbow+sight%2Caps%2C229&sr=8-4

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Here, anything that shines a light or laser on game is illegal, except for night predator hunting, and even then bobcats are off the menu. Have yet to see a truly daylight-bright laser anyway. My CTC green won't show, except close up.

If I decide to switch to something else, red dots and prismatic sights are still options.

The CTC lasers work well when switching sights if you can get them on the rail or clamp them to the barrel, then line them up with the old sight. Once that's done, just swap the scope or whatever and line the new one up with the laser.

Last edited by Pappy348; 01/28/20.

What fresh Hell is this?
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
You misunderstood.The laser is only to get your crossbow sighted in,not to hunt with.

The one I included screws into your arrow/bolt in place of the field point or broadhead. You cock your crossbow, set the arrow , put the crossbow on a rest and the laser shines on your target.

You then look thru your scope or what ever sight you are using and adjust it so it centers on the laser light on your target. Same as the last paragraph in your reply. There is no clamping or a fixing to the rail since it becomes the point of your arrow.

I thought I would offer the tip since I found mine so useful when setting up my crossbow

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

502 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 39 invisible), 2,375 guests, and 1,092 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,496
Posts18,452,430
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.