Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
wildone Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Would any of you happen to remember the name brand of this stand?

Back in the 90's there was an all aluminum hang on stand that had a gold anodizing on it with a flip up plastic seat. It used a chain and cable with 2 pink sponge balls to hang the stand. Basically you could set up the chain on the tree and just slide the stand over the cable to hang the stand. The sponge balls acted as stand offs so you could slide the stand on quietly. They were really light weight and had a nice big platform. I have one of them but there are no markings on it. I have got a piece of public land I want to use this on so I can take the stand out with me but leave the tree set up to hunt. It can be a long walk in sometimes and I don't want to leave my expensive climber in there.

I Kill Things......deal with it..
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Look at the Chippewa Wedge Lock stands. Same concept and maybe based off the parent company you are talking about. Seems like the stands you are referring to had an astrological name....Saturn, meteor, satellite, etc ..

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Sounds kinda gay, not that there's anything wrong with that, or so I've heard🙄.

I had a Bear River hang-on that used a chain that simply wrapped around the tree and slipped over a heavy stud on one side of the platform. The seat was kinda skimpy, but the stand was rock-solid and very quick to set up. Sadly, I left it on a property I had to abandon and the company is no more. I look on ebay from time to time, but so far no luck. Now I'm using a Rivers Edge fat man model, which is very comfy and no one's futzed with it yet on "my" WMA, maybe because of the four cable locks on the stand and ladder sections.

Treestand makers have come and gone. My brother and I both had Baker ladder stands made from extruded aluminum, reenforced on the bottom side of the tubes. They weren't very high, but one man could set them up pretty easily, at least when that one man was under 40!

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The first ones I remember were Baker stands.
They didn't have pink balls or cables though.

Last edited by Snyper; 01/03/20.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Yes, Bakers! I remember a few sudden surprise slides down trees with those things! They were dangerous.

IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Biebs
Yes, Bakers! I remember a few sudden surprise slides down trees with those things! They were dangerous.

Dangerous, HELL. They were death traps. Fortunately someone stole mine.

NRA Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Millennium makes a lightweight lock on.

Hangs with a chain and aluminum block that stays on tree.

Use on stand on multiple trees.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Sounds like a Loc on stand.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
The third time my baker "released" from the tree and I skidded down...on my way out the woods I threw it as far as I could and never looked back!!!!

I don't always venture out into the sub-freezing darkness, but when I do, it is deer hunting season, and I carry a Remington. Stay hungry my friends.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
My fave hang on stand was the Ol Man Tara.
US built, and tough. But also 22#.

Wish they still made em (were made here).

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by hookeye
My fave hang on stand was the Ol Man Tara.
US built, and tough. But also 22#.

Wish they still made em (were made here).

Ol Man stands were awesome .

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by oldguns
The third time my baker "released" from the tree and I skidded down...on my way out the woods I threw it as far as I could and never looked back!!!!

I didn't wait until the third time, I took one elevator ride down a frozen tree on the PA opener and cracked the bottom platform on a tree root.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Yep when Bakers came out I bought two at Kmart threw both in the trash after one season Then a Fox Squirrel, had a band around the tree on base and a strap under seat left that in the woods for trespassers to use after Warren & Sweet came out with ladder stands. Never went back to a climber since.

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
I think you are asking about a Summit. But, I don't remember the pink balls.

C
C
I have one. They’re made by aerospace design, I think out of Wisconsin or Michigan. Mine is the moose version. I believe it had the largest platform as well as a wood seat. Very well made every place where metal touches metal on platform there’s a tac weld, so when you move you don’t get the noise of the metal flex.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Do any of you remember Screaming Eagle chain-on tree stands? Made by traditional bowhunter Paul Brunner in Montana, back in the 1980's to early 90's. In his ad, he put one up a tree, hung a come-along to it and jacked a VW bug clean off the ground from the stand! I bought two. They were expensive, heavy, but absolutely rock-solid. Paul sold the business and eventually moved to Hawaii.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Originally Posted by dale06
Originally Posted by Biebs

Dangerous, HELL. They were death traps. Fortunately someone stole mine.

Lmao! I had one and they were Death traps indeed but they were the start of a revolution of the concept of climbing tree stands. Look at the climbing stands we have now đź‘Ť.....Hb

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

602 members (10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 160user, 1234, 16penny, 10Glocks, 69 invisible), 2,037 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,269
Posts18,448,309
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.