Print Thread
Hop To
S
sako4me Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
In light of things to come a few years down the road. https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com...hiring-disarmament-officers-in-new-york/

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
It may become blue helmet season in Virginia.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Are there regulations on the harvesting of blue’s?
Bag limit?
Sun up to sunset? Or half hour before and after?
Male or female bag limits?
Manners of taking, as in primitive hunting tools, ie arrows, spears, snares...etc etc.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
this'll end up as one of those " you're not going to like how this turns out " situations.

I'd really enjoy knowing the demographics of the applicants/hiree's ,Racial,socio-economic,political affiliation, country of origin..........

.... like tears in the rain
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
We already had a thread about this and it has nothing to do with the US. For one thing, it's an administrative position.

IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Originally Posted by UPhiker
We already had a thread about this and it has nothing to do with the US. For one thing, it's an administrative position.

Testing the waters? Trial run? Public opinion?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

now I'm curious what other English speaking country needs its citizens disarmed?

.... like tears in the rain
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

What you said is exactly true. But I also read somewhere else that they’re looking for English speaking people in particular. I can’t say for certain, but I’m willing to believe it.
The leftist are gonna need enforcers once they can get the control they seek. They know that our military people won’t do their bidding, and I suspect a majority of police will Tell them to pound salt after a while. Take in to consideration also how many police departments are giving preference to hiring immigrants and minorities as police officers. You figure this is ALL about diversity?
I may be paranoid when it comes to government. Maybe you should be too.
Just because you’re paranoid, doesn’t mean they’re not out to get you.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

S
sako4me Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
There in lies the intriguing aspect of this. Yes, they are looking for English speaking bodies to employ. Where and when will this be first used? Kerry signed the U.N. treaty, Trump nullified it. But why are they looking for applicants in the USA? This is a new job listing as of late December 2019

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Guess you’re not paranoid if they really out to get ya.

Paranoid if you just think they out to get ya.

DF

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

How effective has the UN been,.... with anything,....... other than spending our money?

...not losing sleep over it.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Think Africa, not Virginia:

https://peacekeeping.un.org/en/disarmament-demobilization-and-reintegration

Where are we doing it?
As of 2017-2018, the team of OROLSI’s Disarmament, Demobilization and Reintegration Section was supporting disarmament, demobilization and reintegration processes in UN Peacekeeping Operations in the Central African Republic (MINUSCA), Darfur (UNAMID), the Democratic Republic of Congo (MONUSCO), Mali (MINUSMA), and South Sudan (UNMISS).

The Disarmament, Demobilization and Reintegration Section also supports operations in UN Special Political Missions in Colombia (UNVMC), Libya (UNSMIL), Somalia (UNSOM), Syria (OSE-Syria), and Yemen (OSESGY), the UN Office to the African Union (UNOAU), the Office of the Special Adviser to the Secretary-General in Burundi (OSASG-B) and the Office of the Special Envoy of the Secretary-General for the Great Lakes (OSESG-GL), as well as in non-mission settings such as Côte d’Ivoire, Nigeria and the Republic of the Congo.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook

now I'm curious what other English speaking country needs its citizens disarmed?

The governments in England, Australia, New Zealand, and (sometimes) Canada would sure like to disarm their citizens.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus

The governments in England, Australia, New Zealand, and (sometimes) Canada would sure like to disarm their citizens.

England’s subjects have been effectively disarmed for years. They were begging the US for civilian arms during WW2 in case the Germans invaded.
I don’t know how far the civilian disarmament has proceeded in Australia or Canada. I’ll let by brother members from those countries answer that.
It’s been in the news that New Zealand’s confiscation was less than 30% successful, mainly because there was no prior attempt to have folks register their firearms.
We Americans need to pay attention to these examples. Especially because we have that God given right written into our constitution.
Particularly the part about registration. If they don’t know you have it, they won’t come in the middle of the night to take it from you.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
It may become blue helmet season in Virginia.

It should be blue helmet season all across America. I don't care if they are wearing blue helmets or not. A UN ID is good enough.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
total bullshit

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

169 members (2ndwind, aaronward9, 17CalFan, 907brass, 257_X_50, 31 invisible), 1,957 guests, and 1,023 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,493
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.