Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Gentlemen, I just received my video from our Zimbabwe safari this past August. Words cannot express how impressed I am with this.

The HD quality of this video is simply outstanding. There is footage of all the hunting, all the shooting, and the standard trophy shots... but what really makes this a gem is the footage of all the scenery, wildlife, and the human interactions that really make a hunting trip a hunt.

Rayno Egner of Dark Continent Video Productions was our photographer/videographer on our safari. He was with us for the entire 10 days, and every second of video on the final product was shot during our hunt. There spectacular sunrises and sunsets on the video were each shot on the day depicted. The land and the people of Zimbabwe were beautifully depicted. (This video footage, by the way, was in addition to the over 1500 still photographs Rayno shot on the hunt!)

I declined hiring Rayno for my 2015 hunt, and I've regretted it ever since. Having him come along for the 2019 safari was worth every penny. Yes, it's roughly the price of an eland trophy fee, but in my view it's a bargain.

So, fellas... if you are planning an African safari this year or next and you've wondered about hiring a videographer, I strongly recommend you contact Rayno or Kerry at DCVP. They will be at the DSC show next week, so if you're attending, check in with them. My video will be on display (God knows why, I'm sure they have younger and better-looking hunters on film to show ya!) so you can check it out then. Also: any of you deplorables who want to see my video, send me a PM, and I'll give you the link to view it online.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I will second Rayno and his outfit. I know a few folks who've used Rayno and the results are nothing less than spectacular. Just watched it and Doc, you should be in movies! smile

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Jorge, yer so fulla scheit yer eyes are brown. I kept looking at the screen and thinking, "Who is that fat old bastard?" If I'd known I was gonna look this bad at 65 I'd have gone to Africa 30 years ago when I was still good lookin...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The wife says you're handsome, so there you go.... Edit and my eyes ARE brown smile

Last edited by jorgeI; 01/04/20.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Well, if the wife says I'm handsome, it must be so!!

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Where can I see this Doc?

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Check your FB messages, Tom...

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
OK...got it, watched the whole thing! I wish hunting shows were that well filmed and put together! It was ABSOLUTELY EXCELLENT! Whatever you paid that videographer was worth it!

Tugged at my heart strings and made me miss Africa.....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Great video thanks for sharing now I want to go! Kurt

What were your calibers and loads, please? Thanks

Last edited by kk alaska; 01/04/20.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Thanks, ingwe... I was astonished at the quality of Rayno's work when I saw it at his DSC booth a few years ago, and that was part of my decision making when I decided to hire him for this trip. I'm glad it touched your heart. It sure does touch mine!

IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Kurt, the loads are pretty ordinary.

Cate's rifle is a Howa Mountain Rifle in 6.5mm Creedmoor. I've not found anything more accurate in it than Hornady's factory ELD-X 143 gr load, so that's what we took. As you saw, it is capable of killing decent sized game such as Zebra. I wouldn't hesitate to use it on anything in North America other than bison and the great bears.

My rifle is a Kimber Caprivi 375 H&H that I bought from Darrick at Whittaker's Guns in 2014. It's become my favorite rifle, although it's a tad too big to carry around for the jackrabbit-size deer we have here in south Texas. My Africa load is a 300 gr Swift A-Frame over enough IMR 4895 to push it along at 2500 fps. I don't recall the exact powder charge and I'm not at home to look it up. In North America, I use the same powder charge under a 300 gr SGK for excellent terminal performance on everything from hogs to nilgai.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Doc the .375 load sounds familiar.....

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by ingwe
OK...got it, watched the whole thing! I wish hunting shows were that well filmed and put together! It was ABSOLUTELY EXCELLENT! Whatever you paid that videographer was worth it!

Heart strings you say....I had no idea that little black marbles had strings on them.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide

Heart strings you say....I had no idea that little black marbles had strings on them.

That was mean.

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Doc the .375 load sounds familiar.....

Hmmm... wonder why that would be...

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

That was mean.

I value my friends, who speak only the truth..thought you might as well.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

That was mean.

I value my friends, who speak only the truth..thought you might as well.

My heart is not like a little black marble!

It IS black...like my soul......buttttt....... laugh

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Gentlemen, I just received my video from our Zimbabwe safari this past August. Words cannot express how impressed I am with this.

The HD quality of this video is simply outstanding. There is footage of all the hunting, all the shooting, and the standard trophy shots... but what really makes this a gem is the footage of all the scenery, wildlife, and the human interactions that really make a hunting trip a hunt.

Rayno Egner of Dark Continent Video Productions was our photographer/videographer on our safari. He was with us for the entire 10 days, and every second of video on the final product was shot during our hunt. There spectacular sunrises and sunsets on the video were each shot on the day depicted. The land and the people of Zimbabwe were beautifully depicted. (This video footage, by the way, was in addition to the over 1500 still photographs Rayno shot on the hunt!)

I declined hiring Rayno for my 2015 hunt, and I've regretted it ever since. Having him come along for the 2019 safari was worth every penny. Yes, it's roughly the price of an eland trophy fee, but in my view it's a bargain.

So, fellas... if you are planning an African safari this year or next and you've wondered about hiring a videographer, I strongly recommend you contact Rayno or Kerry at DCVP. They will be at the DSC show next week, so if you're attending, check in with them. My video will be on display (God knows why, I'm sure they have younger and better-looking hunters on film to show ya!) so you can check it out then. Also: any of you deplorables who want to see my video, send me a PM, and I'll give you the link to view it online.

It was Well worth the production price, good production value and a fun video.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
James,

Will you be in Dallas this week? Tony and I are headed there Fri/Sat as he heads back for his last semester at A&M on Sunday.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Not this time, Ed... my wife has a work event that I had promised to go to before I realized it's scheduled for the same weekend as DSC. Hate to miss it, but I have to keep my promise to Cate.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

607 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 160user, 1_deuce, 1beaver_shooter, 64 invisible), 2,143 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,278
Posts18,448,479
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.