Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Salty:
Happy New Year to you sir and thanks for sharing the photo and recipe!

My goodness that looks downright tasty! cool

In our family, my good wife is the cooker of soups, stews and casseroles and as such has a couple of cabbage soups which I absolutely love.

Honestly, I would have to say it's not always wise or even healthy to be around me afterward.....

Of course that hasn't stopped me thus far and likely will not in future either!

Thanks again and all the best to you folks in 2020.

Dwayne

PS:
Sorry to hear about the day - it's +10°C and sunny here today.

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you add some cooked bacon/pork, venison, kolbasi, sauerkraut, and caraway seed you would have bigos, or the hunters stew. Big time in central Europe. It is/was made continuously on the stove, adding ingredients as the soup was eaten.
Anyway, toss some sauerkraut in a bowl, and I think you will like it. The sauerkraut really makes it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Cabbage soup is gonna make your butt hole vomit. Enjoy.

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Tell us your opinion of the soup. Looks delicious. Ed k

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for the kind words Dwayne and not that I likely have to tell you but enjoy that balmy weather up there while you can. For the rest of the fire not so familiar with degrees centigrade that's an honest 50 degrees F an honest I'll take it this time of the year for sure.

Terry thanks for all those ideas. I think I will try some with kraut, probably tomorrow seeing as how there'll be tons of leftovers. Give it a demo as is first.

Ed all I got is a couple sample spoons along the way taste pretty dang good. I was out for a while and just found I'd turned it a touch too far down wasn't bubbling at all. All good, I'll call that the semi resting stage. lol. I turned it up a bit and I'll let you know how it tastes once I have a bowl in an hour or two. I bought some sour cream, a dollop on top I don't think will suck all cool

IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
If you're on "the cabbage soup diet", had a buddy to back out because he couldn't handle the bathroom duty part.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Not a cabbage soup only thing just a pot of soup. We'll prolly have bacon and eggs for breakfast tomorrow. She won't have toast I will wink

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My wife made cabbage soup yesterday in the crock pot. Added carrots, onions, bell peppers and venison sausage. It’s delicious! Having it again tonight with Mexican cornbread.

"If I couldn't laugh I would go insane." JB
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Bacon and cabbage will do the job.
Keep some toilet paper handy.

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Well, it was pretty good. We both had a 2nd bowl that's always a good sign. The boss says honest rating.. 8/10.
I had the first bowl with a big splat of sour cream, 2nd I didn't bother it was good either way. Could have used a little more heat IMO maybe some Louisiana HS or actually whole pepper corns would do it and fit in. I just added a little more pepper to mine in the bowl. I'd make it again.

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by Salty303
My wife has got the resolution bug has been going low carb for a while. Most of the stuff in her new regime is, well, the chits. Except the meat grin

Today I thought I'd be the good supportive husband that I am and build up a cabbage soup she was looking at recipes for. Diet or not I think this stuff will be OK. 2 lbs Chopped steak seasoned and browned first, couple three cups diced tomatoes, a chopped yellow onion, 3-4 cups chopped green beans, couple three handfuls brown mushrooms sliced, head of cabbage sliced, bunch of parsley finely chopped. Oregano, thyme, seasoning salt, cumin seed, pepper, garlic. Its real thick and hearty looking I think after an all day simmer it might be pretty dang good. With crackers!!

For my part I would leave out the tomatoes, and I do not like seasonings that look and taste like they came out of a pencil sharpener (oregano, thyme and their ilk), but that is just me.

No, it is me too ! Do not like them at all, GAG !

Lynn

RLA Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My daughter makes some with ground chuck, very spicy, but it is great.
now that i read this, i need to place an order.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Same resolution as last year. Drink more and sustain my weight.

1Minute
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Cabbage soup , brings back memories of mom`s . She also used ground beef . Very hardy n taste .
But my farts dont stink wink much .

The wife cant do cabbage , so she makes up a huge pot of tortellini soup .
Cheese tortellini , spinach , diced tomatoes , chicken broth , garlic powder , Italian seasoning , salt n pepper . Simmer for an hour , golden .

Yesterday was a history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift.. that's why we call it "present"!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Salty303
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That does look good!

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
If you're going to add mass quantities of cabbage to your diet, make it interesting and brew up a batch of kim-chee. Lots of flavor, really epic farts, and you get your hemmohroids cauterized to boot!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
If you're going to add mass quantities of cabbage to your diet, make it interesting and brew up a batch of kim-chee. Lots of flavor, really epic farts, and you get your hemmohroids cauterized to boot!
Jerry

I'm on to the kim-chee that's good schit. I don't make it but there's two good little Korean/Japanese joints near by that turned us on to it. Also there's a brew pub in Salmon Arm on the way to Alberta on highway 1 that makes Kim-chi Ruebens. Ho leeee hell bat man they are some good you'd never have one with sour kraut again given the choice. I usually poo poo this fusion thing, if its Korean leave it Korean, don't blend with north American food but some times it really works.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Cabbage is simply put, the food of Gods!

But you arent a fan of tomatoes! Sheesh.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When I was working in Louisiana, the local diner always had catfish Friday and cabbage soup. The soup was made with butter and I think a bit of chicken broth. It was darn good for a basic soup.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

632 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 16penny, 60 invisible), 2,368 guests, and 1,158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,254
Posts18,467,002
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.