Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Iraqi Lawmakers Vote to Expel U.S. Troops as Iran Mourns a Slain General

Jan. 5, 2020 10:43 a.m. ET
BAGHDAD — Lawmakers in Iraq voted on Sunday to urge the government to expel United States troops from the country after the United States ordered the killing of the Iranian leader of the elite Quds Force, Maj. Gen. Qassim Suleimani, on Iraqi soil.

The decision came as hundreds of thousands of mourners poured into the streets of Iran to pay their respects to General Suleimani, the most powerful figure in the country after the supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.

The vote is not final until Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi of Iraq signs the draft bill. But since he drafted the language and submitted the bill to Parliament, there was little doubt he would sign it. Mr. Abdul Mahdi had urged lawmakers to oust the United States-led coalition after President Trump ordered a fatal drone strike against General Suleimani in the Baghdad airport...........

..............American troops are in Iraq “at the invitation” of the Iraqi government, according to the legal agreement between Baghdad and Washington. Presumably, if Baghdad withdrew that invitation, the United States would have to withdraw.

Link

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Screw the ungrateful azzoles. We should have left the place a smoking ruin years ago!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Way back before we invaded Iraq, Pat Buchanan predicted we would be creating a greater Iran in Iraq.

Seems like it happened.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe that is what Trump really wanted?

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
welp, then bye and rotsa ruck with that. oh, and btw, misbehave and we'll be back.

My diploma is a DD214
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Robert_White
Way back before we invaded Iraq, Pat Buchanan predicted we would be creating a greater Iran in Iraq.

Seems like it happened.

How do you figure? The Iranian economy is struggling, most of the country hates their government. I’m sure the Iraqi military isn’t nearly the size it used to be.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think the Iraqis are plain stupid, look for Iran to manufacture a reason to cross the border.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I almost fell out of my chair when I read this one. Great humor.

"welp, then bye and rotsa ruck with that. oh, and btw, misbehave and we'll be back. "

Last edited by MM879; 01/05/20.
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Surprised??

"The more I am around people the better I like my dog." Mark Twain
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sunni V. Shia to the end of days.

Sounds like a winner. Time to pack up and leave, bring the embassy staff with the military.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Seems like it happened.

As usual, Pat was right.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ulvejaeger
Surprised??

Not I...

Long story at the link but it ends with this...

"Iraqi troops on bases that also house United States troops have been warned that they should stay at least 3,000 feet from American counterparts starting on Sunday evening, and not allow themselves to be used as human shields."

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Good news,

Dumbazz W should have never invaded and killed Iran's biggest enemy.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Good. Bring them home.

“Factio democratica delenda est"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Said at the time and still believe it - we never should have put our troops into Iraq (or anywhere over there) in the first place - There were better and lest costly (in terms of our troops blood and US dollars) ways to deal with the overall terrorist situation.

I believe this to be a blessing and quite possibly (maybe probably?) - what Trump and advisors wanted. That entire area is a mess and potential threat to those who love freedom, and is likely never to become anything better. God knows what He is doing, but that oil underground gave them so much of a means to power and threat. 65 years ago some astute Bible scholars/teachers were citing Persia/Iran as the place from which eventual BIG trouble would emanate.

The next steps are going to be very interesting. We need to act very wisely and work from the position of high values and strength.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Hellsfire.....hasn't anyone figured out that all we need to do to defeat all the Muslim bastards is bomb Japan and stop shipment of their Toy trucks to the country?

SHEEESH!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
It wont work, Toyota trucks run forever.
All they have to do is replace the bed mounted Machine Gun every few years.

MOLON LABE
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Barkoff

Seems like it happened.

How do you figure? The Iranian economy is struggling, most of the country hates their government. I’m sure the Iraqi military isn’t nearly the size it used to be.

As I understand it the Sunnis were always outnumbered in Iraq by a a Shiite majority.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I sincerely hope we pull out completely and then funnel arms and money into the Sunni factions and turn that chithole into a bloodbath again. Suck Iran into a bottomless pit for money and young Iranians. Continue to assassinate anyone who becomes a threat to the US or begins to consolidate power. Use Iraq to keep the Iranians busy and not expanding their operations elsewhere.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
What ever Russia wishes, Trump grants! Just takes Putin snapping his fingers.

Phil

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (1lessdog, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 57 invisible), 2,029 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,069
Posts18,463,675
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.