Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
...have changed the game, for me at least.

My current self defense collection is a mish-mash of different ergonomics and trigger types; one striker fired with the characteristic "staple gun" trigger, one DA/SA and two with long DA type pulls. A Springfield XDm .45 on the nightstand, a Beretta 92FS in the vehicle, Kahr CW9 and an original LCP .380 for general carry to be specific. That LCP gets carried most when out for walks around the neighborhood and even when I should carry the Kahr in areas where more people are present the little LCP still gets the nod just for convenience. No practice or understudy pieces to any of those, my only .22 autos are a Ruger Mk III and IV. On the range where I am calm and collected I can still operate and hit very well with each of them. Just give me a second to adjust... wink

Now I never cared for Glocks, don't have anything at all against them, they just didn't fit my criteria. However, some honest evaluation reveals that I look at them through the eyes of a handloader and range shooter. Hate to chase brass, far more of a precision minded than a volume reloader, volume shooting = cast bullets in my mind, etc. With any of the current collection you can burn through 100 or 200 rounds of 9mm or .380 in a very short time practicing speed and accuracy drills and even with dirt cheap 9mm ammo the cost adds up, and then you have to practice with each one separately to establish any muscle memory. It leads to less practice than is optimal and less than optimal practice when I do.

Finally getting to the subject, the introduction of the Glock 44 and LCP II .22 have really changed the game from my perspective and that's entirely due to allowing one to practice not only more cheaply with identical guns but without having to chase brass and reload it. Same/same handguns in size, very similar weight and identical ergonomics and operating characteristics as their larger brethren. I know the Glock and Ruger trigger pulls are not identical but darn close in feel, much more so than my current four.

You can see where this going, and probably where most people are or should be already, but in the very near future I'm going to go ahead and spend the bucks to replace my entire haphazard arsenal and standardize with a Glock G19/G44 and a Ruger LCP II in .380 and .22. Maybe/probably get a G17 for the car as well.

Recent events and life in general - getting older, changing demographics of my home town, this and that - make me realize that I've only been half-ass serious about defensive carry and an opportunity presents itself to get whole-ass serious.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yep. I picked up a Ruger LCP .22 the other day at my LGS.
I figure it will be a great practice tool for becoming more proficient with my LCP .380.

And a great little game dispatcher to throw in my hunting pack too.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 01/05/20.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I just think the little ruger looks like it'd be as much fun as a basket of puppys

"Chances Will Be Taken"

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
I figure it will be a great practice tool for becoming more proficient with my LCP .380.

Have you had a chance to see how them sights line up?

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
a ruger lcp2 22lr will serve the “other” role for me: ccw. i am hoping that it function reliably as a shrunken sr22.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by smallfry

Have you had a chance to see how them sights line up?

No yet.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I really want one to go along with my LCP II .380 I've been carrying for a few years now. I think I actually like the idea of a manual safety on this one. Hopefully they've got the bugs worked out of them because I won't wait much longer.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I just put money on a Glock 44 for this very reason.

GREAT practice tool for my Glock 19, and to sharpen my handgun skills all around!

Can't WAIT for my new Glock to be released on the 20th.

Virgil B.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Don’t forget that the Glock 44 can also serve as an understudy for the Glock 36!

I switched my 19 to a 36 when my state limited us to 10 round mags.

The Glock 36 and Glock 19 are nearly identical in dimensions and do use the same holsters. The G36 is ever so slightly slimmer in the grip than the G19.

Last edited by alukban; 01/06/20.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Barney_Fife
I really want one to go along with my LCP II .380 I've been carrying for a few years now. I think I actually like the idea of a manual safety on this one. Hopefully they've got the bugs worked out of them because I won't wait much longer.

Me too. I didn’t wait. 😬 I’m extremely busy right now but I’ll post a report as soon as I get a chance to try mine out.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Me too. I didn’t wait. 😬 I’m extremely busy right now but I’ll post a report as soon as I get a chance to try mine out.

I won’t make it till the end of the week. I’m holding out another day or two over $40. I’m cheaping out hoping other dealers will get a fresh batch in. But I’ve already ordered a Hogue grip so I’m committed. cool

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I won’t make it till the end of the week. I’m holding out another day or two over $40. I’m cheaping out hoping other dealers will get a fresh batch in. But I’ve already ordered a Hogue grip so I’m committed. cool

LOL

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

LOL

Screw it I caved - order confirmed. Shows in stock so hopefully it will be here by Friday and slinging lead Saturday.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I'll probably pick up a Glock 44 some time this year.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Both pistols seem like great offerings. I want one of the Glock 44...….first…..grin

As a lefty, I already have G17 and G19 holsters of all types, that it would ride in just fine. And the weight, 14 oz, is around 9 ounces less than a Ruger 22/45 Lite at 23 oz.

Great trainer, or trail/backpack kit gun.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yeah, if I were a Glock guy the G44 would be on my bucket list just for kicks. But I've grown to like the LCP II .380 so having one in .22lr will be a fun gun. Looks like the LCP II .22 comes in just a hair over 11 oz. and the .380 just under 11. It'll be interesting to compare weights when loaded and overall balance. Just need it to hurry up and jump on the big brown truck.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Glock should offer magazines with a thick lead lining to bring the overall weight up a little closer to the Model 19. There's lots of empty space in those wide body magazines, since the ammo is held single stack.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I picked up the Ruger today and it shoots great!

It does cycle CCI Standard Vel and it ran some Aguila SSS just fine also.

It fed and shot Aguila Colibris but they don’t eject so you just have to hand cycle them. The Colibris still connected on 6” plates at 25y and had almost zero recoil and minimal sound.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by alukban
I picked up the Ruger today and it shoots great!

It does cycle CCI Standard Vel and it ran some Aguila SSS just fine also.

It fed and shot Aguila Colibris but they don’t eject so you just have to hand cycle them. The Colibris still connected on 6” plates at 25y and had almost zero recoil and minimal sound.

I was wondering how it would handle the Colibris. Don’t plan to shoot many, but good to know it can.

What do you think of the manual safety?

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
The Colibris are always fun and it ia probably tue best to to use for kids and the super recoil shy. I can shoot these indoors and not have to clean up/chase brass smile

You can also randomly load these into a mag for training because they feed and shoot but just FTE. This is a really neat thing to be able to do.

I do not mind the safety at all. It is stiff and snickety enough that I doibt it would be accidentally move in my pocket, bag, or belt line. If I don’t like it, I can ignore it and not use it because it does not activate automatically in normal use of the weapon. I do not like that it does not physically jam/lock the slide into battery though. That would have been a plus for me because the recoil spring is very light and even pressure on the barrel from above the gun towards the trigger can remove it from battery.

Although the rear sight does not have a sharp edge for one handed slide manipulation, one can grap the slide itself and work it against an imobilized grip butt - stroke it against your hip or hold the grip between your knees.

The grip angle is very vertical. This is good because it allows you to shoot it comfortably closer to your eye, with elbows more bent, and thus see the front sight bigger/better focus without a severe break/angle in your wrist. It’s angle is much like the Colt Pocket which I like a lot.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tomorrow more days until I can pet it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here it is in all it's glory. It looks...................................exactly like the other 9,000 pictures of them on the internet. EXCEPT this one is mine.

Have not done anything other than sniff it, rub on on it and point it (in a safe direction unloaded) and go pew pew.

The slide is about 1/2 as easy to rack than my .380 LCP II. The safety is eh. Actually I don't think I like it, but I'll get over it. It's just in the way if your use to grabbing it like the .380 and loading / unloading. If you use the cute little "cocking ears" it doesn't matter. I understand the push forward to fire for all the K.I.S.S. people who it was designed for, but an up down would've been better to me if we were going to do it. Overall it's exactly what I thought it would be. I probably should have just waited 6 months when they drop from $290 shipped to something like $235 shipped. But ya know. Hopefully I'll get the Hogue on it and make noise with it tomorrow.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I like my new LCP rimfire A LOT!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hogue grip is on and should be standard issue in the box. They could keep the not so speedy speedloader thingy. Let’s face it, if you’re going to pound out a hundred or so rounds every time you go shoot, you should just get a baby uplula.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Other than a few snap caps, no bangs due to crummy weather. May be next weekend before I can get out.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I fondled one at Sheels today. Seemed real nice and I'll probably get one but not till the price gets closer to the .380. Going for $50 more-$349 vs $299 for the .380.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JLimbo
I fondled one at Sheels today. Seemed real nice and I'll probably get one but not till the price gets closer to the .380. Going for $50 more-$349 vs $299 for the .380.

Wow $299 is a good price for the .380 if it's an LCP II. The .22lr will definitely come down a bit by summer. Depending on how well the Glock goes over, maybe sooner than later.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Get your wallets out again...........

Glock G44 .22lr - $359

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Glock G44 .22lr - $359

What a deal.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Other than a few snap caps, no bangs due to crummy weather. May be next weekend before I can get out.

Finally got it (LCP ii 22lr) out to bang 200 rounds. 100 rounds of 40gr. CCI high vel and 100 rounds of CCI 40gr. target. I had about 3 light strikes and 8-10 that failed to cycle properly. They all got stuck about halfway in. It’s a decent shooter when it consistently fires. I’m hoping a thorough deep clean and lube will cure it. I’ll leave it as slightly concerned but optimistic.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Glock G44 .22lr - $359

What a deal.

I doubt it sells well. It feels much too light, especially for its size. Heavier magazines for practice will not make that much difference.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't know how well the G44 will or will not sell, but I don't think it makes much sense.

I had a .22 conversion kit for my 1911 and didn't like it. The feel of the gun was SO different, even with my same grips and trigger, it absolutely did not feel like I was training with my 1911 and just using cheaper ammo. It felt like an entirely different gun. Plus the thing we are usually trying to master when we practice is trigger control and flinching. Your trigger control and flinch is NOT the same when you know you're shooting .22lr vs .45 ACP or even 9mm.

I handled the G44 this past Saturday. Even if the weight of the mag were increased, the gun itself is like 6 ounces lighter than a G19--that's a major difference.

If you use .22lr for basic skill drills, that's fine. We all do it. But...if you're in the market for a .22lr, then get one that suits your intended purpose. I can't really think of a purpose where the G44 is the best choice.

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I'm thinking the G44 will be a good Steel Challenge gun, trail gun, plinking gun, small game gun, all while being reliable and sized to fit near everyone. Everything a smaller 22 is supposed to be.

I've got a MK IV Ruger 22/45 Lite with a red dot that is fun to shoot but awkward to carry.
I've also got an M&P 22 compact that I use as a 22, not a trainer for my full size guns.

I had a Kimber 1911-22 and totally agree that it wasn't even close to shooting a real 1911 but it served it's purpose. Look at the G44 for what it is and I think it will work great. Will it sell? Last week I was in 5 gun shops and found 2 that were already spoken for and waiting lists at every store but one.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
It's a good thing that Glock finally came out with a Model chambered in .44 Magnum.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Glock G44 .22lr - $359

What a deal.

I doubt it sells well. It feels much too light, especially for its size. Heavier magazines for practice will not make that much difference.

LMAO.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
i can’t stand shooting a ruger lcp 380acp so i’m coming at the lcp 22lr from the other direction: i’ve been waiting for a shrunken ruger sr22 to be a primary ccw. without my usual research (i.e. agonising) i ordered a lcp 22lr the day after its announcement. unlike its haphazard introduction of the wrangler, which never was in stock, ruger frontloaded its supply line. i even saw several lcp 22lr pistols at a gun show a week later for the same $295 that i paid online at kygunco. hogue beavertail grips and 400 rounds later i’m really liking the lcp 22lr. my only complaints are that the lcp 22lr’s mags are a bit tough to load, i am spoiled by the easier sr22 mags, and the lcp 22lr hiccups shooting bulk federal lrn ammo, where my sr22 digests them just fine.

Attached Images
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's a good thing that Glock finally came out with a Model chambered in .44 Magnum.

Yup...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave

Glock G44 .22lr - $359

What a deal.

LMAO.

Care to elaborate?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jstert
my only complaints are that the lcp 22lr’s mags are a bit tough to load.

One word.....BabyUpLULA

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/maglula-babyuplula-magazine-loader-and-unloader

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Some people on YouTube are saying that it doesn't handle lighter weight .22 Long Rifle well, preferring 40 grain bullets.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Some people on YouTube are saying that it doesn't handle lighter weight .22 Long Rifle well, preferring 40 grain bullets.

The Glock or Ruger?

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Glock G44 .22lr - $359

What a deal.

LMAO.

Care to elaborate?

Well for one it's Glock 19 clone in a 22lr. Anyone that's been around knows the Glock 19 is pretty much the gold standard for a concealed carry pistol. Now folks have a pistol they can practice with on the cheap.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 79S

Glock G44 .22lr - $359

What a deal.

LMAO.

Care to elaborate?

Well for one it's Glock 19 clone in a 22lr. Anyone that's been around knows the Glock 19 is pretty much the gold standard for a concealed carry pistol. Now folks have a pistol they can practice with on the cheap.

Thank you Captain Obvious! wink

I do not think the 44 is all that worthy as a substitute for the 19 in use... It does not feel like a real handgun. I like 22lr handguns a lot and have more than a few of them and the 44 would not be on the first page of the list of ones I would like to own.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

The Glock or Ruger?

Glock.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pretty sure you are in the minority on this. Glock will sell a bunch of them..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 79S

Selling like hotcakes as it is.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
To me the 44 feels like an airsoft toy. Also dont understand why it comes with only 10rd mags. IMO it makes more sense to put the $ into a 22 conversion kit if your goal is training with a 19 platform cheaply using 22lr. Have had my advantage arms conversion kit for a number of years and have no plans to switch to a 44. To each their own and I lm sure Glock will continue to sell piles of the 44s.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Another 225 rounds down the LCP II .22 today. I shot bulk Winchester CPHP, CCI HV, Winchester Wildcats and Remington Cyclones. Of all the trash to actually perform flawlessly we’re the 50 rounds of Remington Cyclones that are lord knows how old. I honestly didn’t even know I had them. The brand new Winchester and CCI just flat sucked. One in 6-7 duds. Reloaded half of them and maybe 1 in 7 would fire.

So, what gives? Is it the pistol or ammo? Seriously 48 of 50 Cyclones went bang as fast as it would sling them. The others...no.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Originally Posted by marktheshark
To me the 44 feels like an airsoft toy. Also dont understand why it comes with only 10rd mags. IMO it makes more sense to put the $ into a 22 conversion kit if your goal is training with a 19 platform cheaply using 22lr. Have had my advantage arms conversion kit for a number of years and have no plans to switch to a 44. To each their own and I lm sure Glock will continue to sell piles of the 44s.

I watched the TFB video, he said Glock spent 3 years developing the 44. Everything centered on reliability. 10 rounds was the most reliable I guess. He also hinted at 15 rounder coming out sometime. Like he said, it’s for training and target practice, not really a carry piece for SD.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 79S

Selling like hotcakes as it is.

Yeah. Pretty sure Glock's not stressing over his non-purchase.

A friend picked one up and has been shooting the crap out of it with no failures.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
The first thing everyone says when I hand them my G44 is "this thing feels like a toy" but after they shoot it, they have a huge smile on their face.

I'm right at 750 rounds through mine and I've had 2 Federal 36 grain bulk pack rounds fail to fire and they both had solid strikes on the rim. I also loaded the first mag wrong and it didn't feed but none of that was the pistols fault. When I hit 1000 rounds then I'll break it down and clean and lube it.

Best gun purchase I've made in a long time.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
I bought a bucket (1400) of Golden Bullets for $54 w/discount. It’s going to be interesting to see how many FTF are in there.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Glock 44 is too large, they should have made it similar in size to G42/43.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’m up to at least 600 rounds through this POS....I mean LCP. It’s awesome and fun - when it actually shoots! If it really was meant to be a companion trainer to the .380 LCP, you’ll be dambed proficient at clearing fail to fire, fail to feed and fail to extracts! With enough practice you might even become more deadly throwing the little bastard at your assailant than actually launching a cphp into his person.

Seriously, I’m a Ruger fan and I want to like this thing, but what a turd. Unpredictable, unreliable and embarrassing to shoot. I’ve tried 6-7 different ammo brands / loads. Only thing consistent is it consistently won’t run a full magazine without 1 to 3+ no fire, no feed or something. I’m considering sending it back to Ruger and see if they can help it before I send it on down the road.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I sent it in to Ruger last Friday to see what they have to say. Of course there won’t be any friggin ammo to test it when it gets back, but what the hell.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just got a phone call from Ruger customer service. Said they fired approximately 200 rounds of various brands of ammo. They said it did not and will not eat Winchester. It has been “repaired” (still no Winchester) and is coming back to me.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Got it back today. Note in the box basically said the problem was with my head and not any fault of the pistol. I think my pistol is a Democrat but I won’t be able to confirm for a few days. Seriously said all 60 CCI mini mags and 60 Aguilla ran fine.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Went and blasted through 100 Federal 36gr cphp bulk this afternoon. Only 2 hiccups and one went bang on the second try. I swear the recoil spring feels heavier, but said they didn’t do anything. Maybe it just prefers Federal. Anyway, I’m happy with it today. Pew Pew

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Shot another 100 rounds of Federal bulk 36gr CPHP this weekend. Had 3 FTF, but all went on second go.

I think it's going to need a heavier than I normally like to oil things oilin' to function properly. When I got it back from Ruger it was almost dripping with oil. It ran fine that day, then after I cleaned / lubed it my way it didn't feel as slick.

I'll clean it up and apply oil liberally again and see if that makes a difference. I still like it.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Good info Barney. Thanks.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I bought a G44 a month or so back.

I know it got a lot of bad reviews initially but I've had zero issues with mine. Great 22LR.

Interchanges with my G34 setup perfect.

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Very nice.. Is that the blue Toyota of Montana fame!!!

Molon Labe
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
That's my Tundra.

I had to sell the Boyota when we made the big move.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Another 225 rounds down the LCP II .22 today. I shot bulk Winchester CPHP, CCI HV, Winchester Wildcats and Remington Cyclones. Of all the trash to actually perform flawlessly we’re the 50 rounds of Remington Cyclones that are lord knows how old. I honestly didn’t even know I had them. The brand new Winchester and CCI just flat sucked. One in 6-7 duds. Reloaded half of them and maybe 1 in 7 would fire.

So, what gives? Is it the pistol or ammo? Seriously 48 of 50 Cyclones went bang as fast as it would sling them. The others...no.

Mine works perfectly except the last round won’t fire. The brass has a dent From the firing pin. ??if it was random I’d say the ammo . But it consistently does it with the last round.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by johnw
I just think the little ruger looks like it'd be as much fun as a basket of puppys

They’re fun. The follower is very tall . A modded or aftermarket follower ought to allow a few more cartridges to fit in the factory mag.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Mine works perfectly except the last round won’t fire. The brass has a dent From the firing pin. ??if it was random I’d say the ammo . But it consistently does it with the last round.

I wonder if heat is affecting a marginal spring?

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

I wonder if heat is affecting a marginal spring?

Hmmmm. Might be

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Ok. Went back to the “range” today with the LCP 22. It is picky on ammo. But.....Winchester white box 333 round count shot 99 out of 100 . The one failure was a FTE. I haven’t cleaned it so no big deal.

I tried some gray box of Winchester (varmint super speed or something) . It sucked totally. It never fired two successive rounds with that ammo. Then I tried some older Federal “100s” . They did OK . USE WINCHESTER WHITE BOX !!!99 out of 100 isn’t shabby.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Haven’t updated in a while but....my LCP .22 likes Federal Automatch and that’s all I’ve been shooting through it for the last 500ish rounds. I’d say less than 5 FTF in that 500. I tried another handful of Winchester 222 bulk pack and they were no bueno. So, I guess each firearm is different and after finding the Automatch I love this little thing. I think I have close to 2,000 rounds through it now.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Were the Winchester’s HP or RN?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

@deflave They were copper plated hollow points.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Good info to know about these guns. Thanks!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Also forgot to mention I haven’t cleaned my LCP .22 in over 500 rounds. I’m normally pretty anal about cleaning my firearms, but after this one seemed to be a bonafide turd straight out of the box I said screw it. I cleaned it with a fine toothed toothbrush everytime and it still sucked. Amazingly, lately all I have done is drag a boresnake through it twice after each outing and a light wipe down of oil on externals. Next good rain day I’ll tear it down.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

@deflave They were copper plated hollow points.

10-4

Thanks.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Mine were 36 grain plated hollow points marketed in 333 round packs. White Winchester box

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

617 members (160user, 2500HD, 204guy, 257 roberts, 12344mag, 1234, 52 invisible), 2,457 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,635
Posts18,455,246
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.