Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
On a Friday Fox News Alert, Senator Rand Paul (R-Ky.) expressed his disappointment in the attack authorized by President Donald Trump

Paul professed that he feared the attack would lead to an escalation in hostilities between Iran and the United States, and that American soldiers "deserve better than an undeclared war with Iran."

"You could say that Soleimani was plotting to attack the U.S. It may well be true. But with his death, do you think it's more or less likely that Iran and their militias and their proxies will attack the U.S.? I would argue that it's much more likely," Paul told host Neil Cavuto.

Paul felt that should Iranians kill U.S. soldiers and America respond to those deaths, a further escalation would happen. He said that in his opinion, without congressional support and a declaration of war behind the mission, "you get a mission of escalating,intermittent violence, but it really has no purpose or plan."

"The president said he didn't want to perpetual war in the Middle East, but he's adding more and more troops. If you don't want perpetual war, you don't keep sending more targets over there."
https://www.newsweek.com/rand-paul-...want-perpetual-war-you-dont-keep-1480379

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

GB1

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I’m all for staying out of Middle East affairs, but when a foreign country encourages an attack on a US Embassy, the gloves come OFF....

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
your for an against at the same time grin

MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The Senator needs a brief on military capabilities. Iran doesn't have the muscle to do anything save for limited, asymmetrical warfare...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
If we're staying out of Middle East affairs why would we have an Embassy there ?

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gunswizard
If we're staying out of Middle East affairs why would we have an Embassy there ?

read all about it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embassy_of_the_United_States,_Baghdad

Its the most expensive ever built

MOLON LABE

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Same road he always walks.

Right down the middle.

As for embassies in countries:we do have trade and other ties with all kinds of countries.

Some that don't like us.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
That little swirly head always has to take a contrary stance to get camera time. I don't fault his neighbor for going after him. Guy is a squirrel.

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
Its about time we went scorched earth on the Iranians.

The lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part!
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DubThomas
Its about time we went scorched earth on the Iranians.

We're leaving them to their own devices it seems. Would not want to be a kurd, an Israeli, or a Saudi right now.

By this time next year, nukes should be flying.

MOLON LABE

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Where's the part where he slams Trump? What I read was just that Rand had a different opinion on the situation.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
What I read was just that Rand had a different opinion on the situation

So, you think our guys should have died rather than the terrorist general?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
he is the same dippshit that his daddy was

Sam......

E
ERK Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
E
Should have nuked them 30 years ago. Ed k

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Airheads like Paul need to understand that the way you get a perpetual war is to let the enemy have a privileged sanctuary. That way they get the initiative and you have to anticipate where they might attack. That's why we lost the war in Viet Nam. We never forced a conclusion and the American people finally forced the US goverenment to simply go home. I hope Trump has to fortitude to hit 'em very hard if they try to atack us again. No privileged sanctuaries.

With today's technology we can do a lot of damage without sending US troops to muck around in the wilderness for years, especially against a country with infrastructure like Iran's.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can't believe I sent his campaign $100.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
One question for everyone, why the fugg is our military still in the mideast anyway ???????????????????????????????????

It's not our chithole, we need to leave, we need to shut our borders to muzzies and worry about our own safety.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
One question for everyone, why the fugg is our military still in the mideast anyway ???????????????????????????????????

It's not our chithole, we need to leave, we need to shut our borders to muzzies and worry about our own safety.

Damned straight!

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
He disappoints me from time to time. What should we do? Wait until Americans get killed and then try to find the guy we had our sights on after he is hiding among school children? The Iranians started this and have been escalating tensions for months with attacks. They were feeling us out and seeing if Trump really means what he says.....now they know. It's stupid the think we could do anything to make the Islamist fanatics hate us or Israel any more than they already do.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by jorgeI
The Senator needs a brief on military capabilities. Iran doesn't have the muscle to do anything save for limited, asymmetrical warfare...

For the time being maybe. They’re pretty damn good at asymmetrical warfare and have killed enough of our boys for me to know that they need to be “checked” and need to start over without the mullahs. That might be one country out of all the other goatfuck countries that has potential.

The Israelis have been chomping at the bit to reset the Iranian nuclear ambitions but feared that we’d not “support” them. 😁 I’m not sure about the Israelis non-nuclear military capability as it relates to bunker busting and I’m certainly not going to pretend to know but I think we’re getting close to seeing the Israelis do what they’ve wanted to do for a long time. I’m sure it would benefit Netanyahu, internally, as he struggles to remain in power. Damn Jews. 😂

Happy New Year to you and your family Jorge. I look forward to reading your posts and I appreciate your insight into these military topics. 👍

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (10gaugemag, 1337Fungi, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 57 invisible), 2,255 guests, and 1,167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,327
Posts18,468,523
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.