Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by PJGunner
Originally Posted by MadDog4298
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
There's a lot of bullchit in this thread. Cash is king.

I used to think this to but after my last truck buying experience you mention cash and the dealerships start backing down. It used to have some buying power.

Yeah but when you pay cash they don't get the kickbacks from the bank or finance company.

Oh, and if it's over $10K they have to report may not be correct. I needed to deposit some cash after selling my boat and the limit is $9,000. THat's what I was told at my credit union.
Paul B.

If you sold your boat for less than what you gave for it, you sold it at a net loss and the reporting cash doesn't apply as far as tax reporting. As far as the SAR report, there is no law that states you have to deposit the total amount in one account at one time. As that little guy on the Custom Gun Forum in AK says...."Hint", and I mean absolutely nothing mean or sarcastic by quoting him. Only the first time I found a civil reason to do so.

GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by gemby58
I had a saving account in one back I forgot about, it wasent active, well PA has this freaking law that after the first year with no activity the account comes dormant, second year of no activity it comes frozen, the 3rd year of no activity the PA goverment seized it. then comes the fun part trying to get YOUR money back, took me two years. and the bank never informed me that all this was going on and you would think with interest deposits it would keep it active

Isn't that something?

Takes a real azzhole to come up with something like that.

isn't it, had a friend that was a lawyer get it back for me as I was so pissed off and I would have said something I would have got in trouble, my friend said he would have charged anyone else $1500.00 and up to do the work. that's what they want to put me on into the system.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by ChuckKY

I used to think this to but after my last truck buying experience you mention cash and the dealerships start backing down. It used to have some buying power.

Yeah but when you pay cash they don't get the kickbacks from the bank or finance company.

Oh, and if it's over $10K they have to report may not be correct. I needed to deposit some cash after selling my boat and the limit is $9,000. THat's what I was told at my credit union.
Paul B.

If you sold your boat for less than what you gave for it, you sold it at a net loss and the reporting cash doesn't apply as far as tax reporting. As far as the SAR report, there is no law that states you have to deposit the total amount in one account at one time. As that little guy on the Custom Gun Forum in AK says...."Hint", and I mean absolutely nothing mean or sarcastic by quoting him. Only the first time I found a civil reason to do so.

Originally Posted by ChuckKY

Paul B.

i can’t recall the exact statute but there’s also a federal felony for structuring deposits and withdrawals to get around the $10k reporting limit. Probably wouldn’t be the easiest case to prove but I’d just make the deposit and live with the report being made

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
I had a saving account in one back I forgot about, it wasent active, well PA has this freaking law that after the first year with no activity the account comes dormant, second year of no activity it comes frozen, the 3rd year of no activity the PA goverment seized it. then comes the fun part trying to get YOUR money back, took me two years. and the bank never informed me that all this was going on and you would think with interest deposits it would keep it active

Isn't that something?

On the other hand...how could you have that much money in a bank account that you just forgot about it?

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Fireball2
... don't try to use it to (partially) buy a house. It's not accepted.

mad mad

Now what I need is 25 people to tell me what an idiot I am.

Go.

laugh!

Trump Won!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by notsobighunter
I think one should deposit it in a bank.
But also, having it in a bank makes it easier to invested. Uninvested money does not grow beyond what you save. But if I put 2 grand in a Roth IRA and put it in the market, it could be worth double that within ten years without any additional investment on my part.
That brings up an interesting point. In the old days when gold and silver was money, a guy could stick his money under a mattress and 10 years later he'd still be able to purchase the same things for the same amounts as 10 years previous. Now, with fiat currency, a guy stuffs it under the mattress and 10 years later he can only buy 1/2 of what he did 10 years earlier. That's the magical tax called "inflation".
Precisely right. And it's not just a tax in theory. The banks and the government are actually withdrawing the wealth from the bills, via the "printing press," while they sit in that mattress. In quotes, because it's mostly done electronically.
Inflation, the cruelest tax of all. If people only understood how the Federal Reserve is screwing us they would revolt.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
The law also applies to smaller amounts which add up to 10k or more if you deposit those smaller amounts in a manner or time frame which makes it look like you were avoiding the reporting amount.

This is one more side effect of the "war on drugs" which they are using to control all of us. The city violence and gang crap and assorted laws such as mandatory sentencing all affect a lot more than just the drug peddlers.

You can't control an innocent man. So they pass laws which turn us all into criminals and then they seize and steal and kill at their leisure.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Isn't that something?

not really, suspect all states have it. the time limitations of inactivity have become shorter, and the process is called escheatement.
in arizona, not to difficult to get back, and one can check online to determine if the state has funds held this way. it does not just pertain to cash either.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
i would suspect very few are really up on the financial reporting requirements. all i will say it ain't like described in some of the posts here.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
i would suspect very few are really up on the financial reporting requirements. all i will say it ain't like described in some of the posts here.

That's for sure.
I've been living on a cash only basis for the past 12 years. 99% of what is posted in this thread is pure BS.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
The law also applies to smaller amounts which add up to 10k or more if you deposit those smaller amounts in a manner or time frame which makes it look like you were avoiding the reporting amount.

This is one more side effect of the "war on drugs" which they are using to control all of us. The city violence and gang crap and assorted laws such as mandatory sentencing all affect a lot more than just the drug peddlers.

You can't control an innocent man. So they pass laws which turn us all into criminals and then they seize and steal and kill at their leisure.

What is even more disturbing for the honest civilian is that withdrawals are treated the same as deposits. If you withdraw $10K from the same financial organization within two days a report on "your behave " is filed also with the IRS. They do not have to give you any notice either, same as deposit.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by UPhiker

Isn't that something?

On the other hand...how could you have that much money in a bank account that you just forgot about it?

easy, stopped doing business with that bank and never thought about it, wasn't that much money

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

I don't need to prove anything to anyone here.

I will not give any examples of cash purchases.

But, know this,

If you have a gun you can rob a bank.

If you have a bank you can rob everybody.

Good Day Gents.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I know a family of brothers, oldest is in a nursing home. Every month one of the other brothers brings in $1000 in cash that smells musty. Never any problem accepting cash on the nursing homes end.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Here’s another lovely bank story:

My elderly mother rents a house from me and pays me rent every month. She and I both use the same bank(BB&T). Each month she gives me a check for rent and I go through the drive through and direct the teller”Please make sure this goes in as cash”. I always give them my driver’s license for ID and fill out deposit slip as cash deposit.

Well Mom got confused, lost some checks and had them cancelled. Not sure how but last week she wrote me one of the cancelled checks. I didn’t know it was cancelled and the bank didn’t catch it until a few days later. What did they do? They pulled the cash out of my account and hit me with a fee! Needless to say there was a little hell raising going on.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And since when do cops get to search you or your vehicle for large amounts of cash when they stop you for speeding?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have had motel room costs dropped from 60 to $50 with the use of cash. Today's use of cards has fully financed or inserted a third party into near every transaction. If travel does not involve airlines, I do about everything in cash.

1Minute
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
And since when do cops get to search you or your vehicle for large amounts of cash when they stop you for speeding?

If they smell that weed you been smokin' as you speed down the highway, they will find EVERYTHING in your car.

[Linked Image]
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
A local auctioneer told me, an older couple not only counter out cash for a Farm, they came up short a few thousand. The man glared at the wife, and said, You brought the wrong suitcase.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 1minute
I have had motel room costs dropped from 60 to $50 with the use of cash. Today's use of cards has fully financed or inserted a third party into near every transaction. If travel does not involve airlines, I do about everything in cash.

Widespread use of credit cards also contributes to price inflation. Just like when the Fed adds billions to the money supply (which they do pretty regularly), all the money owed on credit cards at any given moment adds to the available money supply. When you increase the money supply, you reduce the purchasing power of every dollar in existence to a commensurate degree. So every time you use your credit card, you are causing price inflation. Stated differently, every time you use your credit card, you are sucking a little value from the dollars in your, and everyone else's, wallets.

Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

145 members (358WCF, 19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 30Gibbs, 35sambar, 345dl, 23 invisible), 2,535 guests, and 938 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,645
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.