Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
rylee1 Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Heading south on an extended vaca to Panama City Beach Florida. Any members or Any Restaurants, Sights, Gun shops, That are a must see while in the area.

Still trying to be the Man my dogs think I am
GB1

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Nice fishing jetty

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Condos.

Used to be a couple nice gun shops over by Pensacola. Been 20+ years since I’ve been there though.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Lots of high rise condos on the beach. Deep sea fishing. In spring to fall, lots of stuff going on, like carnival rides along the "strip". Mostly geared for Spring Breaks and summer. Winter, don't know. Kind of cool this time of year, to me, too cool to swim. At Spring Break time they have about 1 million college and high school students hit the area. Summer, mostly young people and kids. Toward Gulf Shores in Alabama, it is geared more for older people and more quiet.

All along the Gulf from Mississippi to Florida, the beaches are white and sandy. Best beaches in the country in my opinion. Atlantic side of Florida is darker sand and more grainy. Gulf is finer grain white sand. My son works maintenance on two of the high rises at Orange Beach, Ala. He open carries all the time. No problems. East side of Mobile Bay is one of the most conservative and richest counties in Alabama. Million dollar houses on the beach. You can rent those, but expensive.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Gulf Breeze is west of there, Gulf Breeze Firearms is there
Lots of guns, knives and other stuff
Largest stocking Dakota dealer in the country,
Panama City is all about the beach
Pretty good fishing too.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
According to FOX News it's horrible...different strokes....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hofbrauhaus Restaurant at the boardwalk. Licensed franchise of the Munich Hofbrauhaus. Same food, same beer, American staff. Best of everything. The Panama City location is a small restaurand, but fun.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Outside of tourist season - you'll think you're in a foreign country .
Local women --well - i'm trying to stop sounding so negative - you'll see for yourself .
Firearms - all outdoor things =nonexistent , tatoo's purple/green hair piercings freaks - yeah plenty of that .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I had a very large time there Spring Break of ‘95.

Or so I’ve been told........

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
No consemequences

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Many seafood restaurants close down for the winter, so slim pickings if you are looking for seafood eats. Pensacola Beach is a better destination IMO and you have the Naval Air Museum on the base. Rivals the Smithsonian.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
State highway 30A starts just west of Panama City beach, it’s a MUCH nicer area than PCB itself. It runs about 30 miles along some of the most beautiful beaches you’ve ever seen. The towns of rosemary beach, alys beach, seaside, grayton beach, and blue mountain beach are along it. There is every kind of high end restaurant, wine bars, brewpubs, etc that you could ever want along that road. Most everything stays open during the winter, most of the homes are owned by rich northerners and they winter there. It ends about 10 miles east of Destin where it rejoins Hwy 98. Destin itself is packed with good restaurants and also has the advantage of being a big charter fishing hub.

Sorry, not a lot of gun shops in the area, plenty of fishing though.

I live part time on Perdido Key. This is actually a good time to be down there, it’s a lot less hectic than the summer. If the weather is sunny plenty of people will be out boating and on the beach. The water’s a little cold for swimming but otherwise people are out enjoying everything. I don’t know of any restaurants that are shut down, everything stays open year round around me. They’re just easier to get into.

If I was going to be in the PCB area I’d spend the majority of my time along 30A.

https://www.coastalliving.com/travel/gulf-coast/what-is-30a-florida?amp=true

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you are going to Panama City, and want seafood, try Captain Anderson’s. Big selection and good food.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by lastround
If you are going to Panama City, and want seafood, try Captain Anderson’s. Big selection and good food.

Iconic!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
S
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
S
A lot of Mexicans

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by rylee1
Whats in Panama City?

Very little trees and a big ole mess. You need to ride around from Panama City to Mexico Beach to get a grasp of the power of a hurricane. It will blow your mind.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Savageguy
A lot of Mexicans

They be Cubans not Beaners.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Down there it is called the Redneck Rivera.

Destin has some nice, sugar white beaches.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
Originally Posted by Savageguy
A lot of Mexicans

They be Cubans not Beaners.

Not in the panhandle. Those are Mexican.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Condos.

My thoughts exactly.

Wide Sandy beaches.
Shallow water
Navy and Air force bases about an hour west including OCS.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

718 members (01Foreman400, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10ring1, 62 invisible), 2,614 guests, and 1,157 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,151
Posts18,465,027
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.