24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
my 14 year old Lab Dazy is failing fast. she has the staggers and falls regularly. for the last year she has had trouble sleeping and for the last month she gets me up at 1 am.
the only way the wife can get sleep is if I take Dazy into the living room where she (the dog, not the wife) will lay still on the sofa if I sit by her.
from 1 am to 6 am when the wife gets up is a long time. been getting a lot of reading done though.
next animal I get is going to be a turtle or a parrot so they out live me. though at this age a puppy will probably do that.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think everyone reading this forum has been through it, four times for me. Yet I'll be looking again when the weather warms. Some dog always seems to come along needing a home when the time is right.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds like she has done great, but the end always sucks. 14 years is a good run for a lab. She was blessed to have you guys.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Mornin guys, Bill here. I just went through this awhile before Christmas &I I'm not over it by a long shot. It definitely dose not go away fast, & I sometimes think it depends on the age of the dog. Had my Diggzz for 14 yrs also, still find it hard to look at a picture of him & not tear up. More time = more memory's. Anyway best of luck with the grieving hope ya come out of it sooner than later. I never thought it was a good idea to go get another dog right away but my wife got a little white dog before we lost our GWP. She's still working & im retired so during the day she's with me. It sure doesn't replace yr best buddy, but she keeps me occupied quite well through the day & doesn't let your mind wonder to much. Best of luck, Bill out. 🐾👣🇨🇦

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Been clost to 40 yrs since I lost my old Skipper. He taught me something very important. You get down to one dog, get another, help's some when the old one goes. Best thing for a broken heart is a new puppy!

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
We got dazy and her sister not long after I lost the dog of a lifetime Kita. We were kinda adoptive family for these two. Their owner was an abusive sob and even though I was still grieving (still am) losing Kita we rescued these two when they were offered. Dazy has more heart than a dog should be allowed.
She wormed her way into mine. And
It's going to be a long winter as she isn't getting any better.

Last edited by deerstalker; 01/08/20.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Could tell you about the last one, Lilli the ratter. She was my dad's dog first and almost made it to 18. It's been 1 year 7 months and I still sometimes see the blur that was Lil out the corner of my eye. I prefer to think of the mischievous, super inquisitive little girl.

I think the only reason that dogs were given relatively short lives is that you get to know more of them. Each of mine were very different and very wonderful and I wonder what's going to find me next.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I gave in to my wife's urging that I get another dog two years ago. The only reason I caved was that i was pretty sure that a puppy would outlive me.

I really don't want to have to put another one down...

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Sorry to hear this.. A tough position to be in.. You have my sympathy...

Molon Labe
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I sure feel for ya......having a good dog is one of the best and worst things that can happen to a guy. frown

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
IC B3

B
byd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
2 times for me Doc and MJ both yellows and now I have Trigg he is yellow and 10 weeks I can't be without one.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by deerstalker
We got dazy and her sister not long after I lost the dog of a lifetime Kita. We were kinda adoptive family for these two. Their owner was an abusive sob and even though I was still grieving (still am) losing Kita we rescued these two when they were offered. Dazy has more heart than a dog should be allowed.
She wormed her way into mine. And
It's going to be a long winter as she isn't getting any better.

I was scared to keep scrolling through this post. I was affraid of what your next post would say. Its tough man... We put our 12yo Chesapeake down two months ago. If I had it to do over I would have put him down a week sooner. There is no easy way to get through it and I dont know that I ever will. Good luck bud.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
636 members (12344mag, 1234, 257Bob, 06hunter59, 257man, 007FJ, 72 invisible), 2,952 guests, and 1,294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,664
Posts18,399,333
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.