Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The idea of using nukes is very, very scary. For the last 75 years, the nuclear world has been restrained by knowing just how dangerous they are. No one has used one even though some scary countries have them. Even the radicals know the implications of using one. If someone uses one, it becomes a carte blanch world where many millions will die. They're great for defense when the other side knows you have them but if we did use one, we could count on someone throwing one back at us. It's something to avoid at all costs.

Of course.

Anyone advocating for “nuke their asses” is simply showing their lack of thinking skills and severe dearth of understanding.

This /\

And Capt'n Bone Spurs should be included in the lack of thinking skill group.

GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Some interesting views stated on here. It has been said that the Iranians aren't the sort to overthrow the theocracy thus demonstrating ignorance of events leading to the shah' involuntary abdication. It was said that Israel would not tolerate missiles being fired at them or their facilities when in fact it occurs on a regular basis. Israel's response has been restrained and measured. Far from a 'nuclear option'.

Facts are not that hard to come by.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
1. Can we please just STOP F***ING THAT CHICKEN?
The latest round of poultry-pounding started soon after 9/11 and hasn't stopped yet. I can see retributive strikes and wiping some places off the map and a quick extraction, but "invade the world, invite the world, and in debt to the world" is no way to run a country.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cfqc89i6zsM

2. Iran is largely Persian, not Arab. Any protracted fight in Iran will be much nastier.

3. The sunnis (like the Saudis) are the flavor of muslim that has engaged in murderous terrorism vs Americans. The Shiites in iran make noise, but generally do diddly-squat.

4. The USA is a big, fat loser vs insurgencies since WWII. The chance to add Iran to the list of counter-insurgency failures is something I'd prefer to avoid.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Some interesting views stated on here. It has been said that the Iranians aren't the sort to overthrow the theocracy thus demonstrating ignorance of events leading to the shah' involuntary abdication. It was said that Israel would not tolerate missiles being fired at them or their facilities when in fact it occurs on a regular basis. Israel's response has been restrained and measured. Far from a 'nuclear option'.

Facts are not that hard to come by.

mike r

Yeah, I agree.

BUT, people in Clark County don't usually make good sense. wink

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jfruser
1. Can we please just STOP F***ING THAT CHICKEN?
The latest round of poultry-pounding started soon after 9/11 and hasn't stopped yet. I can see retributive strikes and wiping some places off the map and a quick extraction, but "invade the world, invite the world, and in debt to the world" is no way to run a country.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cfqc89i6zsM

2. Iran is largely Persian, not Arab. Any protracted fight in Iran will be much nastier.

3. The sunnis (like the Saudis) are the flavor of muslim that has engaged in murderous terrorism vs Americans. The Shiites in iran make noise, but generally do diddly-squat.

4. The USA is a big, fat loser vs insurgencies since WWII. The chance to add Iran to the list of counter-insurgency failures is something I'd prefer to avoid.

You make some valid points, especially on number 4. I very well remember Vietnam.

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
#4 is from kinda, sorta waging war with ROEs others aren't burdened with.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Bob H in NH: I hope you are not as stupid as you sound!
The United States of America (and its citizens!) are the victims here! Not the perpetrators of MANY decades of civil wars, terrorism, murder and torture!
Sheesh man open your eyes!
Its the idiotic "blame America first" mentality (like you are idiotically displaying!) that got our nation to being a victim - NOT America victimizing the poor ayatollahs and religious fanatic murderers!
Sheesh again!
Stick your head in the sand or back up your ass and remain oblivious to reality if you want, but America is not to blame for what iran is doing and has done - iran is!
Triple sheesh.
I wonder if you would be saying such stupid things when and if iran in about 10 years launches a nuclear missile from a submarine and said nuke lands in "NH"?
On second thought I don't think even you would be that stupid, after suffering a nuclear attack in your state.
iran is a threat, iran is the cowardly murderous nation, iran is the nation led by irrational religious zealots who want to KILL YOU and destroy the United States of America!
Quadruple sheesh!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Wow did you go off the rails! Nothing in your post, NOTHING, is accurate about how I feel.

It's this simple, yesterday we, the USA and Iran, were on a POTENTIAL path to war. Next move was up to them. They made their move, claimed 80 US citizens where killed. The reality: they did little if anything last night tossing those missiles. Essentially they were called out, rightfully, via USA taking out the whack-a-doodle general. Signal sent by Trump. How they reacted was the next step. They can't simply not react, so they did something that has no effect but let them say the did something. they had 3 options:

- Do nothing and accept they woke up the bear, this actually would lead to others taking a pot shot at them AND their own people revolting.
- Retaliate for real, which would then lead to them essentially being wiped off the planet
- Retaliate with "nothing", claim to their own people (who's message they 100% control) a strike back, when in reality they know they did nothing, then hope Trump doesn't wipe them off the planet

Any real retaliation would have resulted in Trump stomping on them hard, which I expect he was ready to do, and I expect him to do.

I fully support Trump pulling us out of that idiotic nuclear deal, fully support what he's now said he will do via sanctions and fully would have supported him had he flattened a few more things in Iran.

The only part of this that really worries me is if Trump loses in November.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by 19352012
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

So far the best part of all this is we kill 7 terrorists including 1 Iranian general and 56 Iranians kill themselves at his funeral.

Talk about winning biggly..........

It wasnt suicide, they got trampled to death. Do they get their virgins? The debate rages on.

Do they have that many virgin goats over there? MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Trump says "Iran appears to be backing down". Excuse me but they just shelled your bases with missiles. It's now your turn to make a move. Otherwise it is you who are backing down not the Iranians. Tit for tat. Nice attempt to spin the narrative but failed.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HUNTS
Trump says "Iran appears to be backing down". Excuse me but they just shelled your bases with missiles. It's now your turn to make a move. Otherwise it is you who are backing down not the Iranians. Tit for tat. Nice attempt to spin the narrative but failed.

Their tepid response, which they telegraphed in advance, was backing down and necessary for the leaders' face saving. Nobody was harmed, purposely.

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Have some more kool-aid.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Some of theirs are dead. None of ours are dead. Another move only gets more people killed, possibly some of ours. They now know that Trump isn't Obama and he's no one to screw with. Let it lie.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have some more kool-aid.

No, but I have an education and a real sense of the world.

Huff n puff and try to blow my house down...LOL

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Have some more kool-aid.

No, it looks like you've had enough. We better cut you off and get you an Uber.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
urbaeliterur: You go ahead little man and live on your knees if you want to!
Not me. I vote for strong national defense and politicians who will keep my country and me safe.
I'll send you some knee pads when your knees get sore little buddy!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

What's with all the homo stuff on here? Normal dudes never say stuff like that. As in never in the normal course of conversation, or argument of any type, do any of the men I associate with ever talk about stuff like that. Are all you old dudes homies or what?

No comment on the political stuff. If you can't see how stupid that is, there's no point in hurting your head over it.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

88 members (10gaugemag, 300_savage, 44automag, 5sdad, 406_SBC, 444Matt, 13 invisible), 2,264 guests, and 805 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,173
Posts18,465,384
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.