Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#14446010 01/08/20
Big Sky Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
It is no secret that Californians are leaving in droves and spreading all over the western states. Each year seems to set a new record number of people leaving the state. I can't say I blame them. I just wish they would leave California in California and not try to change where they move into California 2.0. My biggest question though, is why in the world would any sane person want to live in California? I've been there a number of times and I just can't think of any major reason to want to move there. It's crowded, over taxed, high crime rate, pollution in the air and on the ground. Not to mention its just all around expensive to live there. It seems the state is on a rapid course for full self destruction. Honestly what redeeming quality is there for a person to want to live there or move there, that couldn't be better somewhere else?

Is it Friday yet?
GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
California is going to be heaven when all the Californians leave.

Then we will make sure and build a big assed fence and keep em out.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some beautiful beaches there and from the short time I visited there, northern California is beautiful country and supposedly has some pretty good hunting.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Most beautiful state in the union, fantastic weather, beautiful beaches, deserts, mountains, etc.

The problem with California is Californians, the actual place itself is fantastic.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Some beautiful and productive country in that state. But crowd the majority into 3 or 4 cities that are essentially cans of worms, and they develop the mindset that everyone else's problems are the same as theirs.

The only reason Cookie and I ever do cities, is to get to an airport regardless of the state.

1Minute
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Most beautiful state in the union, fantastic weather, beautiful beaches, deserts, mountains, etc.

The problem with California is Californians, the actual place itself is fantastic.

YES

Being born and raised in Reno and close to Ca I spent many days hunting, fishing, and generally enjoying the State's natural wonders. We hunted and fished the eastern slopes of the Sierras and the northeastern high desert. I have many great memories of what CA was.

In the last fifteen years the State has broken off the mountain and rolled into a political sewer. It's unfortunately spilled over into here.

It still has good hunting and fishing, but keeping up with every one of the crazy rules and regulations makes it a place I now avoid. I'd no doubt get arrested for pizzing up wind or breathing more air than the State allots.

Still, they have wonderful places...just too many communists, however.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Big Sky Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
"Most beautiful state in the union"
I travel a lot and I simply do not agree with this statement. Perhaps to some people it is, but certainly not to me.

Is it Friday yet?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lets go back to the way it was B4 SCOTUS changed the country I.E. ever county elects one senator to the state legislature instead of based on population just like the "FEDS." that way we have our checks and balance. The whole country would be better balanced. Just my solution to the mess we have now. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Yep, and the next thing to do would be to go back to the original US Senate model, where the Senators were appointed by the state legislature, not by popular vote. That's what the House of Representatives was for!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
So no support for my ole Switcher-oo plan?

Hmmm......

I am MAGA.
IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Hmmm......

Fuggit jimbo... I’m witcha

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Hmmm......

We have some decent grazing lands here Jim, irrigated alfalfa and hay, They grow some grain in some spots too. Wild rice.

Soon's my neighbors vacate I'll contact you for the Switcher-oo, OK?

Might be awhile. Some of the families have been here for 100-125 years or so.

Geno

PS perhaps all you other states need to have some sort of litmus test for resettling. Voting records maybe, show us the guns, "do you folks watch Last Man Standing?" Maybe you can get 'em sorted out before they grow roots.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Whats Last man Standing?

Anyway....trouble with Californians......is that they kinda look like us.

Well, not us in the East side of the State.....but they kinda look like Western Montanans.

Now that the Western guys stopped making their coffee at home and buy the fancy schit in town.......you cant visually tell them apart from the average fleeing Californian.

Its a pickle.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Fortunately....there is an invisible force field that runs straight north and south through Great Falls.

Keeps em out of this side.

I am MAGA.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Well Big Sky, Let me tell you why I'm not leaving. I'm 83 and have lived here most of my life. When I retired I got out of the bay area and moved to Northern California namely Lake County. Here a nice piece of property is about a third what it would go for in the Bay area. To me its an affordable nice place to live. Nice day I jump in my Bass boat and hit Clear Lake which is probably the best bass lake in the nation although some Texans would argue about that. I look out my window and see 7 Deer in my front yard and one is a pretty nice three pointer. My neighbors come over and we discus how we are going to fix up the road. During the Turkey season my Daughter and two Granddaughters with their husbands from my youngest Daughter come up to hunt them and hopefully get a shot at a pig. During the Deer season my Daughter Sandi comes up and we hunt the early season here and go north to friends in the Yreka area to hunt. \Great folks there also and they try to make sure Sandi at least gets a shot at a buck. Did I mention that the folks up here are a different type of person that is forced to work and exist in the lower part of the state. Life is much more relaxed and people actually like their neighbors. We also have a great gun range and the club makes a special effort to have youth hunts and are very instrumental in holding shooting classes for women and youngsters. If I felt I needed a concealed weapons permit no problem with our sheriff. Also try and have a Grandmother move away to another state and leave her Grandchildren behind. I'm sure I have left out a lot of other reasons but you get my drift.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Fortunately....there is an invisible force field that runs straight north and south through Great Falls.

I've heard comments about your side of that force field. As in that area is a lot like Western ND.......................only maybe worse. Even fleeing Californios won't put down roots there.

And the TV show is about the only one that shows conservatism in a relatively good light. Makes fun of the liberal Canuk member of the family. When you folks in the hinterlands get time away from the cows and the wheat you should check out an episode or two on the tube, assuming you get more than Hockey Night in Canada and the weather for the Great Plains.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I think you are on to something there, Jim.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I was born and raised in Northern California and am halfway out now that I'm in my 50s. Only thing keeping me there part time is my elderly parents, who won't move and need a lot of help. Back when I was a kid, California was like a lot of the places that Californians are now moving to (Idaho, Washington, Oregon). The state is definitely beautiful, but I wouldn't say it's the most beautiful state (I am at my place in Montana right now, looking out the window at the Bridgers and there ain't NO view in CA as good, either 50 years ago or today). The weather can be really good, but it's not that great...it gets way too hot in many places in the summer and I prefer real seasons. When I leave California, I won't miss it one bit and I sure as hell won't be voting for ANYONE or ANYTHING that seeks to do to my new home what was done to California.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Big Sky
It is no secret that Californians are leaving in droves and spreading all over the western states. Each year seems to set a new record number of people leaving the state. I can't say I blame them. I just wish they would leave California in California and not try to change where they move into California 2.0. My biggest question though, is why in the world would any sane person want to live in California? I've been there a number of times and I just can't think of any major reason to want to move there. It's crowded, over taxed, high crime rate, pollution in the air and on the ground. Not to mention its just all around expensive to live there. It seems the state is on a rapid course for full self destruction. Honestly what redeeming quality is there for a person to want to live there or move there, that couldn't be better somewhere else?

Them on a rapid course to self destruct is the state's one saving grace...

They can't keep up this crap...and they are on a rapid rush to self implode...

Then the state will have to start all over again, or be broken up into smaller states, to start over...

Ca has many counties that are normal people just like you... its problems come from the likes of the folks who inhabit
San Francisco, L.A. County and Sac of Potatoes...like almost any state now in the country... its the urbanite lefties that are screwing up every where they get to dominate....

No different than Oregon.. there is Potlandia, Salem and Eugene, and then the rest of us...

ya wanna clean up the West Coast... make San Fran, Potlandia, Skeedattle, and L.A ( Lots of [bleep]) all islands state like Hawaii.... or make each an independent city.. good chance their politics polluting the entire west, will drown with them in their liberal insanities.... just drag them down, instead of the entire state they are located in...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Austin, Houston, Dallas, SanAntone.......

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (1234, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 1lesfox, 1eyedmule, 1Akshooter, 56 invisible), 2,571 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,562
Posts18,453,715
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.