Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
What Seafire said ^^^^. Our best hope in the north counties? We are hoping the wheels fall clear off the wagon...and maybe during reconstruction, Jefferson State can bail out. No other way to do it. My county is the same size as Hawaii...but with 7 people per sq mile...not a lot of power at the ballot box.

Last edited by flintlocke; 01/08/20.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Just make those liberal cesspools provide their own electricity, water, food, etc.- - - -they'll go belly-up in a matter of weeks! Once the lights go out, the toilets won't flush, and McDonald's runs out of burgers, anarchy will take over. Look how fast New Orleans went feral during/after Katrina.
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
No thanks.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Fortunately....there is an invisible force field that runs straight north and south through Great Falls.
Keeps em out of this side.

Really? You must not have visited Lewistown lately... :-)

Pursuit may be, it seems to me, perfect without possession.
Robert Kelley Weeks (1840-1876)
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by MT_DD_FAN
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Fortunately....there is an invisible force field that runs straight north and south through Great Falls.
Keeps em out of this side.

Really? You must not have visited Lewistown lately... :-)

That is true.

Someone said that Lewistown is where the millionaires fled to when the billionaires pushed em out of the west.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Most beautiful state in the union, fantastic weather, beautiful beaches, deserts, mountains, etc.

The problem with California is Californians, the actual place itself is fantastic.

Fantastic state? Having spent the first 18 years of my life there (left there over 50 years ago) and knowing it quite well I will say that NO it is not a fantastic state! Far from it.
Most beautiful state? Well beauty is in the eye of the beholder. To me, if you think it's the most beautiful state, you must not get out much. Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Utah and Colorado all put California to shame. There are probably others that do as well, I just haven't been there yet.
As for the fantastic weather...depends on where you are in California and what you like. Much of it is blistering hot and humid in the summer. The Sierra's can get HUGE amounts of snow in the winter which is fine if you're into snow. Though much the same weather will be found in the other states already mentioned, it's not unique to California.
Yes, the problems with California are the people running (and ruining) it, but it otherwise does not stand out from many other states.
If it trips your trigger, well then, I guess it's your huckleberry. As for me, if I never set foot in that state again it will too soon!

Last edited by MickeyD; 01/08/20.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well up until 20 years ago CA could not be beat, that is why for fifty years MILLIONS from all the other states flocked here.

Ten months out of the year I leave the house with a shirt on and no jacket.
I can ride a motorcycle 12 months of the year.
I can go fishing 12 months out of the year.
I have the ocean and beaches 45 minutes west, and Sierra and snow two hours East.

CA was a paradise until our economy grew so much, millions came for the weather and jobs.
Millions came from out of state to school in CA , after experiencing CA, they stayed with their liberal indoctrination’s.

So now the state has gone to schiiiit, and basically family holds me here.

Hope that helps. Give it twenty years and people will be saying, I don’t get why people live in Montana, at least we’ll still have mild climate.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
lotta poontang down socal way. i had a lot of fun there in the 80's. but beyond that, ya you're right. subsequent trips since i grew up have left me less impressed. people from california are f ucken weird. everybody has some kind of scam or weird doings going on. they seem to thrive on it.

My diploma is a DD214
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Well up until 20 years ago CA could not be beat, that is why for fifty years MILLIONS from all the other states flocked here.

Ten months out of the year I leave the house with a shirt on and no jacket.
I can ride a motorcycle 12 months of the year.
I can go fishing 12 months out of the year.
I have the ocean and beaches 45 minutes west, and Sierra and snow two hours East.

CA was a paradise until our economy grew so much, millions came for the weather and jobs.
Millions came from out of state to school in CA , after experiencing CA, they stayed with their liberal indoctrination’s.

So now the state has gone to schiiiit, and basically family holds me here.

Hope that helps. Give it twenty years and people will be saying, I don’t get why people live in Montana, at least we’ll still have mild climate.

Now that's funny, I thought it had gone to schiiit over 50 years ago when I left it.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kommiefornians have schitt their nest making unliveable, then they move elsewhere and proceed to do the same. I wouldn't do a damn thing to welcome them if they show up.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Big Sky
It is no secret that Californians are leaving in droves and spreading all over the western states. Each year seems to set a new record number of people leaving the state. I can't say I blame them. I just wish they would leave California in California and not try to change where they move into California 2.0. My biggest question though, is why in the world would any sane person want to live in California? I've been there a number of times and I just can't think of any major reason to want to move there. It's crowded, over taxed, high crime rate, pollution in the air and on the ground. Not to mention its just all around expensive to live there. It seems the state is on a rapid course for full self destruction. Honestly what redeeming quality is there for a person to want to live there or move there, that couldn't be better somewhere else?

I'm trying to figure out what redeeming quality there is for a person to wanna live in Big Sky myself.

There's more puff jackets and skull caps per capita in Big Sky than Seatle!

Maybe more than Boz Angeles too!

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I grew up in Orange County(Yorba Linda & Irvine). I think California has a lot of natural beauty but like what others mentioned it has gone to the dogs.
I left 6 years ago and I miss aspects of home of course but overall I'm extremely glad I left.

The cost of living is insane, the politics is insane and the traffic is terrible.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Yep, even War Eagles are better than Californicators! Have you heard why they don't let War Eagles swim in Mobile Bay?
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Why stay?
Believe it or not, farming.
It's what we do. No other state holds a candle to our soil quality, water supply and climate. Believe it or not, as farmers in the mid West have been struggling, we have been having a pretty good run here. My wife loves the ocean. I love the Mountains. We can be in either place in an hour or so. Also, it's home. We've been farming here for 4 generations.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Where you at Rum?

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by MickeyD

Most beautiful state? Well beauty is in the eye of the beholder. To me, if you think it's the most beautiful state, you must not get out much. Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Utah and Colorado all put California to shame. There are probably others that do as well, I just haven't been there yet.

Nah, I don't get out much. I've only been to 50 states, six continents and about a quarter of the countries in the world. I've only been to more countries in the last two weeks than 99% of the people on this board have been to in their entire life.

I'll stand by what I said. Physically California has it all, beautiful mountains, beaches, coastlines, deserts, basically every ecosystem known to man. The states you mentioned have some beautiful scenery too, but right now someone in Montana or Wyoming is freezing their nutsack off while people are sipping wine in shirtsleeve weather in San Diego. It's all in what you consider beautiful, for every person that loves looking at the mountains in Montana there's one that would rather be looking out over Half Moon Bay.

Never in a million years would I move back to California, it's too f ukked up and I'd be miserable. That doesn't change the fact that it's a beautiful place. You can admire the beauty of Ingrid Bergman while still realizing that she's an irredeemably screwed up slut that would make your life miserable if you were married to her.

Another state with a lot of beauty is New York. The upstate region is beautiful, especially in the fall. It's also another state I'd never in a million years live in because of its state government, screwed up values, and screwed up people.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Higbean
Where you at Rum?

Escalon area. North of Modesto.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
My entire family is here. I'm not moving.

Besides, who'd want to live around a bunch of aholes that hate your guts simply because you've got California plates.

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RUM7
Originally Posted by Higbean
Where you at Rum?

Escalon area. North of Modesto.

Right on.

I had a Soil Science professor tell me that the variation in soils from our valley floor to the top of the Sierras could only be matched from the top of the Rockies all the way to the east coast.

Kinda puts thing into perspective don't it?

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Morewood
My entire family is here. I'm not moving.

Besides, who'd want to live around a bunch of aholes that hate your guts simply because you've got California plates.

They only hate your guts until you find out they are from California.

Fact.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

457 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 52 invisible), 2,482 guests, and 1,150 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,167
Posts18,465,319
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.