-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like rural California. It is a beautiful state. This fall Yosemite was a pain in the butt with all the crowding, but the rest of our sight seeing trip was excellent. We started at Reno and spent a couple of days in Yosemite and headed for the Pacific Coast highway, then a meandering tour of the mountains and countryside as we wended our way back towards Reno. Highway 36 from the coast to the Interstate was a beautiful ride. We could see some rather large smoke plumes from wildfires but didn't get too close to any. Near Shingletown we saw a big sign at a cattle farm that featured firearms and announced THIS PROPERTY INSURED BY WINCHESTER AND SMITH AND WESSON. The Lassen volcano park was more to my liking than Yosemite. The Donner memorial at Truckee was very interesting and makes you realize that our pioneers went through a lot to establish civilization in California. I could be perfectly happy living in California if not for the coastal cities politics running things.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Caliotoe will end up just like the homeless living there, begging for a bailout and with federal tax dollars

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Isn't this site owned by a Californian

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Hig, RUM, ‘wood and fats you’s all the good rural CA sunsabitches the campfire still loves... what about poor old me!!??

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Central Valley, not rural though.

Cert your literally surrounded by the enemy though in the Bay Area.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All Calitoeans live under the same tyranny same as everyone under federal overreach, it's just a lot worse there so much so until it becomes a mindset that spreads

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Hig, RUM, ‘wood and fats you’s all the good rural CA sunsabitches the campfire still loves... what about poor old me!!??

Yeah, the Campfire LOVES me.....

Ha!

At least I ain't hoarding all the Fieldcrafts to sell as the 24hcf hates that schidt.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Higbean
Originally Posted by Certifiable

Yeah, the Campfire LOVES me.....

Ha!

At least I ain't hoarding all the Fieldcrafts to sell as the 24hcf hates that schidt.

You just talked yourself right out of a friends and family CA discount Mr.!
PM’ing varmintguy now to collect his rifle...

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
LOL

I'm still hoping I hear some old man say the word "californicationkopia" at Shedhorn Sports this summer!

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Most beautiful state in the union, fantastic weather, beautiful beaches, deserts, mountains, etc.

The problem with California is Californians, the actual place itself is fantastic.

I agree. Utah would be hard to beat, but alas, no real sea.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Man, had a hard time finding today's California bashing thread. Would be nice if they were high lighted or sumthing ? carry on..

Last edited by Salty303; 01/08/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All the people leaving california are leaving it to the illegals and they vote democrat because they know no better.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Most beautiful state in the union, fantastic weather, beautiful beaches, deserts, mountains, etc.

The problem with California is Californians, the actual place itself is fantastic.

I agree. Utah would be hard to beat, but alas, no real sea.

Too many Mormons and you have to be sponsored to drink in a bar.

Nyet.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

This ^^^^

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Remember the people voted for this and the people running it into office..

A $1.2 billion homeless housing bond was approved by L.A. voters in 2016," said Fox Nation's Tomi Lahren. "And what, over three years later, do we have to show for it? A single housing project offering, get this, just 46 housing units."

Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti unveiled the housing development on Monday. It's one of three facilities that were slated to open in 2019, yet it's the only one to be co

Trump should not spend one dime of federal money to bail Caliotoe out of their own mess they created,

Listen to the video in the link
https://www.foxnews.com/media/homeless-housing-project-los-angeles

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Hey RUM7, use to have a friend by the name of Sal Curci that owned Hilltop Kennels in Escalon, heck of a Dog trainer. Use to go over and gun for him when he was showing Gun Dogs especially Shorthairs. Got two from him that were absolutely wonderful dogs. Use to take them to Idaho every year for upland hunting.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by Big Sky
"Most beautiful state in the union"
I travel a lot and I simply do not agree with this statement. Perhaps to some people it is, but certainly not to me.

Yeah, there's a few folks up here will take issue with that. smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Salty303
Man, had a hard time finding today's California bashing thread. Would be nice if they were high lighted or sumthing ? carry on..

Salty,

maybe I'll ask Rick to make them stickies at the top of the page, make it easier for the bashers to pile on.

Better yet, AK gets its own forum, why not us here in the hated land?

Waddaya say Rick? A California forum, open to any and all criticism, 24 hrs a day.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 700LH
Remember the people voted for this and the people running it into office..

A $1.2 billion homeless housing bond was approved by L.A. voters in 2016," said Fox Nation's Tomi Lahren. "And what, over three years later, do we have to show for it? A single housing project offering, get this, just 46 housing units."

Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti unveiled the housing development on Monday. It's one of three facilities that were slated to open in 2019, yet it's the only one to be co

Trump should not spend one dime of federal money to bail Caliotoe out of their own mess they created,

Listen to the video in the link
https://www.foxnews.com/media/homeless-housing-project-los-angeles

Watch it 700.

If the Feds don't give Gavin some funding he may just have to take measures.

Like send busloads of homeless to your State. Or maybe do a 23 & Me or other DNA test and find out where they came from or have relatives living, send them back to where they came from.

Curtail wine shipments to unfriendly States. Lettuce in the winter too, no salads for the haters. All almonds will be sold overseas except those to be used/eaten in Cali.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by MickeyD

Most beautiful state? Well beauty is in the eye of the beholder. To me, if you think it's the most beautiful state, you must not get out much. Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Utah and Colorado all put California to shame. There are probably others that do as well, I just haven't been there yet.

Nah, I don't get out much. I've only been to 50 states, six continents and about a quarter of the countries in the world. I've only been to more countries in the last two weeks than 99% of the people on this board have been to in their entire life.

I'll stand by what I said. Physically California has it all, beautiful mountains, beaches, coastlines, deserts, basically every ecosystem known to man. The states you mentioned have some beautiful scenery too, but right now someone in Montana or Wyoming is freezing their nutsack off while people are sipping wine in shirtsleeve weather in San Diego. It's all in what you consider beautiful, for every person that loves looking at the mountains in Montana there's one that would rather be looking out over Half Moon Bay.

Never in a million years would I move back to California, it's too f ukked up and I'd be miserable. That doesn't change the fact that it's a beautiful place. You can admire the beauty of Ingrid Bergman while still realizing that she's an irredeemably screwed up slut that would make your life miserable if you were married to her.

Another state with a lot of beauty is New York. The upstate region is beautiful, especially in the fall. It's also another state I'd never in a million years live in because of its state government, screwed up values, and screwed up people.

As I said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Obviously, we be beholding somewhat differently.
Yes, California has Its beautiful places. But it's far from the most beautiful state.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

346 members (1lesfox, 06hunter59, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 37 invisible), 1,913 guests, and 995 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,602
Posts18,454,655
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.