Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Higbean, do you think they will be at SHOT? I'd love to pay a visit to them while there.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Yeah they’ll be there for sure.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 257heaven
I need to check out the Bergara. This RimX seems too rich for my pocketbook. But I did spring for a Voodoo. I guess the popularity of those got other makers thinking they were missing out. Cool that there are so many rimfire options now when there were only a few 5 or so years ago.

From what I can tell, RimX w/one mag, and a pre-fit barrel is gonna put you about ~$100 short of a Vudoo barreled action w/1 mag. Both will still need a stock and trigger of your choice. The down-sides to the RimX are: 1) they won't be shipping for a couple of months and 2) who knows how long it will take to bet a Proof pre-fit (or any other flavor pre-fit). The Vudoo can be had now, new and used. Bergara's are currently in limited supply, but I suspect that will change shortly.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
WiFowler: I have noticed that myself - I of course have an original (and exceptionally accurate!) Remington 40X Rimfire (based on the 700 action).
If these new improved Remington look alikes shoot as well as my Remington 40X Rimfire then these various copycat companies have done something worthwhile.
I paid just under $400.00 for my 40X Rimfire (used) many years ago.
Best of luck to all you rimfire accuracy enthusiasts if your trying one of these.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I checked out the Bergara, and that's probably what I'd do if adding to the 22 bolts. But I just need to shoot the Voodoo for now.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WiFowler
I need to check out the Bergara. This RimX seems too rich for my pocketbook. But I did spring for a Voodoo. I guess the popularity of those got other makers thinking they were missing out. Cool that there are so many rimfire options now when there were only a few 5 or so years ago.

From what I can tell, RimX w/one mag, and a pre-fit barrel is gonna put you about ~$100 short of a Vudoo barreled action w/1 mag. Both will still need a stock and trigger of your choice. The down-sides to the RimX are: 1) they won't be shipping for a couple of months and 2) who knows how long it will take to bet a Proof pre-fit (or any other flavor pre-fit). The Vudoo can be had now, new and used. Bergara's are currently in limited supply, but I suspect that will change shortly.

So RimX is going to be selling complete rifles/barreled actions?? Should be interesting.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
WiFowler: I have noticed that myself - I of course have an original (and exceptionally accurate!) Remington 40X Rimfire (based on the 700 action).
If these new improved Remington look alikes shoot as well as my Remington 40X Rimfire then these various copycat companies have done something worthwhile.
I paid just under $400.00 for my 40X Rimfire (used) many years ago.
Best of luck to all you rimfire accuracy enthusiasts if your trying one of these.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Had a Rem 40X several years back. In a moment of weakness I let it go down the road. I kick myself everytime I think about it. Although, I always had it in the back of my mind that I wanted a repeater version. I have a Rem 37 and it shoots well, but no where near as well as the 40x. I 'blame' that on the trigger. Just cannot get the 37 trigger where I want it.

I'm watch the precision rimfire market and see how things progress. Vudoo is out there and established in the market. Same cannot be said for the Bergara and RimX. Too many questions and unknowns right now. If I were to bbuy one today (and money grew on trees!), hands down it would be a Vudoo.

As it pertains to your question, I would hazard a guess that we will not see complete rifles/barreled actions for the RimX - at least not from Zermatt (Bighorn). That hasn't been their focus to this point - actions alone have been.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

As it pertains to your question, I would hazard a guess that we will not see complete rifles/barreled actions for the RimX - at least not from Zermatt (Bighorn). That hasn't been their focus to this point - actions alone have been.

I didn't think they were going to sell complete rifles, but wasn't sure. I think you'll be in for more $$'s than a Voodoo with a barrel and smith work, including threading and cerakoting.....but I could be wrong.

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
I was thinking the same way on pricing.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I didn't think they were going to sell complete rifles, but wasn't sure. I think you'll be in for more $$'s than a Voodoo with a barrel and smith work, including threading and cerakoting.....but I could be wrong.

More over, one would be buying a proven entity.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

More over, one would be buying a proven entity.

I wanted to build a custom 22 RF before the Voodoos came out. I had checked out Aalf's custom .22 built on a Stiller single shot receiver and thought that was about the only way to go that would satisfy me for a repeater as Stiller also made repeater versions. Glad I didn't bite. It was either that or a 40X or a NULA. I had purchased a NULA repeater receiver and decided to sell it and get my money back out of it. Luckily, the Voodoo's were born and saved me from going the custom route.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/12936832/custom-22-long-rifle

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Proof has steel prefits for $520 and carbon for $650 in .22lr shouldered for RimX on their site fwiw

Proof are cut rifling right?

Last edited by Higbean; 01/07/20.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
So you're talking a bbl'd action with a carbon fiber Proof for similar money.

Should be quite popular.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Higbean
Proof has steel prefits for $520 and carbon for $650 in .22lr shouldered for RimX on their site fwiw

Proof are cut rifling right?

Yes

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
I am real anxious to get my hands on one of their actions at SHOT.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Send me some pics from SHOT show!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Action arrived last night to my FFL, I already had the stock so I put it all together. Unfortunately I have a medical procedure tomorrow and will be out of commission for at least a few days so a range visit will be delayed some. Final optic is a NF NX8 compact on order.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Patron member, NRA, Life Member SCI,
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EQFD193
Action arrived last night to my FFL, I already had the stock so I put it all together. Unfortunately I have a medical procedure tomorrow and will be out of commission for at least a few days so a range visit will be delayed some. Final optic is a NF NX8 compact on order.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Damn....that's nice!

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Nice looking rifle EQ

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
How'd you get one so fast?

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

650 members (12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 73 invisible), 2,509 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,683
Posts18,456,356
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.