Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Posted recently about getting a Glock G19 and G44 when the latter comes out. Well, I tried once again to like a Glock, I really tried. Rented a G19 Gen5 and G17 Gen5 this morning and put 50 rounds through each and the love just doesn't happen.

After shooting I found a helpful fellow and started looking at the Sigs - which I had never even thought about before - and that P365 and P320X really impressed me. The 365 is almost identical in size and weight to my Kahr CW9 7+1 but holds 10+1 with magazine options for 12 and 15 rounders and the trigger is a lot better. Then the P320 feels and points so much better than any Glock for me, and I love that flat trigger.

Came home and did my homework and the ability to buy one trigger group, basically, then add uppers and grip frames to change it to different configurations as desired is pretty cool. Not that I'd do that much since the sum of the parts cost is about the same or more than a new pistol but OTOH you can buy them mail order without going through an FFL.

The 365 can carry a lot of 9mm firepower in a very small size and a P320X Compact is about the same size as a G19 and only 4 oz heavier and comes with an MOS attachment point for the same price.

Sooo - what's the fire's experience/opinions with these two?

[Linked Image from sigsauer.com]

[Linked Image from sigsauer.com]

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
GB1

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

The Sig P320 & P365 are excellent IMHO

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I’ve ran a couple 100 rounds through both. Of the two I’d carry the 365. It’s a sweet little CCW.

With that said, I prefer the G43x over all CCWs out there. The grip just says yes to me. It doesn’t seem as snappy on the shot as the 365 either.

Once I get my hands on a few of the 15 round mags for the 43x it will be a hell of a package.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
]I have been a Glock person a long time but am able to shoot better with an out of the box P365.

The 9mm is the bestest! Besttier than any 45 for sure (for GD)

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Picking up a P365 tomorrow. Ideal small every day carry IMO.

Heaven has a wall, a gate and strict immigration policy.

Hell has open borders.

Let that sink in.....

I Live for Opening Day!
IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I can only speak to the 365. A few months ago I looked at most of the legitimate brands of small 9mm's, narrowed it down to the Sig 365, the Glock 43 and the little S&W. I'd shot a few others the last few years as well. For me, the Sig 365 was the best choice. It's a solid gun. even small as it is, and with only the 10 round mag, it fits my hand so well I don't notice the fact that my little finger is off in space. I can shoot it surprisingly well. It carries behind the hip in a kydex IWB holster so easily I can forget it's there. I've put several hundred rounds through it without a single hiccup.

Mathew 22: 37-39

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I have a P365 and a P320 (compact model in 357 Sig) and like them both. My M&P and Shield haven't been shot much since I bought the Sigs...

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I only have the 320 compact.The std magazine or 12 rd I don't shoot well . I bought a 15rd one and put a grip spacer on it and everything is good . The 12 rd one,my little finger hangs off and I keep pulling the shots low, not a problem with the 15 when my fingers are all on the grip. I must have run 500 rounds thru it with the 12's and I can't fix myself. I know what I am doing wrong, and if I work real hard at it each shot, I can do OK, but with the 15 rd one, they all go where I want them to. I looked at Glocks,but I couldn't get use to the grip and the way they felt. Not so with the Sig.

Looking at the 365,I wish I would have waited until they came out instead of buying the 320

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I love my 365XL. I shoot it better than my M&P 2.0 compact and better than my Kahr.

It also carries way better appendix for me than my M&P, the vanguard clip holster probably helps. I’ve been carrying the Kahr in a daily in a pocket holster for years, I haven’t carried it at all after I got the 365XL.

Sean
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The other 9mm’s don’t get carried or shot anymore since I got a Sig P365. It’s accurate, reliable, great trigger & sights, and conceals better than any 9mm I’ve ever owned.

Buy one and shoot the crap out if it. You won’t regret it.
And you’ll never leave it at home because it’s to big or doesn’t hold enough rounds.

Buy a carry holster and a pocket holster for it. It carries very well either way for me. Best carry gun I’ve bought for the money in a long time, IMO.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 01/08/20.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jim,

Make sure to get a look at the P365 XL. That model incorporates a couple of the items you mentioned you like about the P320X - a flat trigger and MOS. Otherwise, a flat trigger can be purchased separately for the standard P365 and P365 SAS.

I've owned a couple versions of the P320, and will probably settle on the M18 version for a keeper. The P365 is my usual carry pistol. The P365 has the same modularity as the P320, but obviously there aren't many options outside of a coyote color or laser decorated grip frame.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Sig has a well deserved reputation for making quality pistols.

I can't see any reason not to buy with confidence.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Carry a P365 frequently.....for the same reasons already listed. AMAZING little gun with plenty of power and ROH.....what's not to like?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
my only problem with the sig pistols is that the magazines are expensive, they have better triggers and the xray sights are better sights for my eyes than what glock offers.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Since I'm 100% happy with the Glock 26 as a daily carry, I have no need to even consider changing. I just love the way it feels in my hand and shoots, it carries comfortably IWB, and doesn't print much at all. No complaints.

PS I, too, used to be a Glock hater, and tried them twice (once in the middle 1990s, and once in the early 2000s), and both times sold them.

It was only when I decided to try them a third time, five or six years ago, but to stick with it for a little longer, and make a more serious effort to adapt to them, that I fell in love with their handling and carrying characteristics. At this point, they all seem to fit me like a glove, carry great, and I can shoot them very well.

I don't feel the need to shop around.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
PPS When the P320 first came out, I bought one and shot it side by side with my Glock. The difference in the recoil impulse was disturbing to me, in that there was noticeable flip with the P320, vs the Glock. That was enough for me to put the P320 up for sale. Since it was hard to find at that time, I had no trouble getting most of my money back on the sale.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
BassPro had a sale the day before Thxgiving, so Santa brought three P365s to our house. One for me, the son and daughter.
Took the daughter out with hers on Boxing day and that little gun shot great, though I about wore a hole in both thumbs loading the mags. Brutal!
Invested in a Maglula and problem solved. Trigger is way better than any stock Glock I've used.

I also have tried to love Glocks. Replace the connnector or the entire trigger and the sights and I still have a gun that fits my hand with all the ergonomic finesse of a 2x4.
Will be carrying the 365 a LOT.

There is nothing made by man,
which cannot be broken by woman.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Jim, I can't give any opinion on the P365 as I don't have one nor have I shot one. I am currently carrying a G19 and have done so for years. To be honest, I'm not a Glock fan even though I still have multiple versions. But, I felt that the G19 was the best compromise (for me) in terms size for carry-ability and capacity.

About two years ago, I started shooting the P320 X5 in the carry optics division (after switching from a G34). It has the Leupold DPP 7.5 triangle. I liked it so much better and performed so much better than I did with the G34. So, after shooting that for a couple of years in competition, when the P320 X Compact came out, I bought one. I have almost 1,000 rds through it so far and I am fixing to switch to it as my main carry gun. I am going to place a Leupold DPP 2.5 on it as well.

I really like the gun. It hasn't had a single hiccup in those 1,000 rounds. I haven't even cleaned it yet, just bought it, loaded it and began shooting it. Maybe it's because I've been shooting the X5 already, but I don't perceive any extra muzzle flip as compared to the Glocks that I've been carrying and shooting for years.

The ergo's of the pistol fit me better and I am faster and have a more accurate first shot than I ever did with the Glocks. Now, I won't be selling the G19, but I like and shoot the X Compact well enough that I am switching.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What OWB and IWB holsters are you guys using with your SIG 365?

Laser/lights?

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by David_Walter
What OWB and IWB holsters are you guys using with your SIG 365?

Laser/lights?

I use Milt Sparks with my P365

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

626 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugemag, 59 invisible), 2,741 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,574
Posts18,453,925
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.