Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Hello all:

I have a set of Leica 10x42 Geovids. I am looking for a harness case that keeps the snow, rain and anything else that gets on them when afield. It needs to be handy by quick access to the binoculars as well as ease to put them back. I don’t like bino straps that just hang around your neck. I like the harness system. The rubber covers that come with the binoculars are too much trouble to use so they stay at the truck. If anyone has a recommendation based on experience, especially with a bino of this size, I would appreciate it.

Thank you
RAS

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I started with a Kuiu harness and made a full circle back to the newer model this year. Went through AGC, FHF, Sitka, and Badlands. Simpler design, smaller overall size won out for me.
I don’t need a duffel bag on my chest...

The newer model Kuiu harness does a better job of covering the eyepieces and the straps have a better design than the old models.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I have the Marsupial Gear bino pouch. It has the magnet on the pouch cover that folds to the front and states out of the way. It might not be so good if you use a compass though.

" America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

Abraham Lincoln

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by joshf303
I started with a Kuiu harness and made a full circle back to the newer model this year. Went through AGC, FHF, Sitka, and Badlands. Simpler design, smaller overall size won out for me.

The newer model Kuiu harness does a better job of covering the eyepieces and the straps have a better design than the old models.

^^^ +1

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Originally Posted by joshf303

^^^ +1

+2...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I use the AGC bino pack. Holds my bins and RF secure along with keeping the weather off of them. I’m sure they’re many others but those have worked well for me.

Semper Fi
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I gave my Kuiu away two weeks ago and went Marsupial. I much prefer it to the Kuiu. Spent 6 hours in it today- floundering in the snow.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by beretzs
I use the AGC bino pack. Holds my bins and RF secure along with keeping the weather off of them. I’m sure they’re many others but those have worked well for me.

+1.

In addition to my binos and RF, it’ll carry 6-8 rounds of ammunition silently and a couple small elk calls.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by joelkdouglas

+1.

In addition to my binos and RF, it’ll carry 6-8 rounds of ammunition silently and a couple small elk calls.

Yes! That as well! Thanks Joel!

Semper Fi
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

+1.

+2 AGC

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
+3 on the AGC, if you like having them hang down around your dick. High and tight, Marsupial.....

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Beaver10

+1.

+2 AGC

Another vote for Alaska Guide Creations.
Make sure you get a model with the M.A.X. basement pocket.
Kodiak Cub M.A.X. fits most 10x42 binos

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
or belly-button in your case.....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by huntsman22
+3 on the AGC, if you like having them hang down around your dick. High and tight, Marsupial.....

For those who prefer to roll an exposed midriff, add the locking buckle kit. It’s a game changer.

https://alaskaguidecreations.com/products/auto-locking-buckle-upgrade-kit

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Another fan of the Marsupial, it's done a good job of protecting my geovids the last 3 years and is a nice trim package.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by kingston

For those who prefer to roll an exposed midriff, add the locking buckle kit. It’s a game changer.

Thanks!

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by kingston

Thanks!

The new ones all come with the upgraded buckles.

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That’s good news!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I liked my fhf gear pack but went to AGC it protects my Swaro 10x42SLC’s and I can carry Leca rangefinder, tags, compact knife & extra ammo. I can drop my backpack, sprint (for an old guy) over the ridge & be legal and prepared to kill an elk before they leave the vicinity. It is a duffle bag o my chest but compact & complete.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
hoooo, boy..... duffle bags. I thought they was more like a re-purposed shaving kit?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

136 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 007FJ, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 12 invisible), 1,453 guests, and 795 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,574
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.