-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He has a huge ego and is great self promotion.

There, now you have

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Loved seeing him get popped for insisting on setting the hook on every shark...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 358Norma_fan
He has a huge ego and is great self promotion.

There, now you have

I almost posted a partial exception to my comment for their involvement with the Combat Fishing Tournament. I decided against it since I'm quite certain it is all about self promotion and little to do with the troops.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Hadn't heard about that one. Being 180 deg out from the regs surprises me none...

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JimInAK

Hadn't heard about that one. Being 180 deg out from the regs surprises me none...

They were running salmon shark charters and trolling for them. He insisted on setting the hook every time and then handing off the rod, usually to the client with the biggest tits or whatever... clients were pissed, everybody was pissed. Under AK law as you likely know the person setting the hook is the one "Catching" the fish. Undercover guys went out a couple times and watched him exceed the annual and daily limits. They even made sure he knew he was breaking the law, in addition to screwing with other people's fish.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

They were running salmon shark charters and trolling for them. He insisted on setting the hook every time and then handing off the rod, usually to the client with the biggest tits or whatever... clients were pissed, everybody was pissed. Under AK law as you likely know the person setting the hook is the one "Catching" the fish. Undercover guys went out a couple times and watched him exceed the annual and daily limits. They even made sure he knew he was breaking the law, in addition to screwing with other people's fish.

Names of the big titted agent, please! 😎

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender

Not exactly what I meant...

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I'm aware.....

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Thanks! Not surprised, just had not heard about it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Who can remember names? Pictures please!

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Who can remember names? Pictures please!

I am relying on second hand testimony (that would be the one that did not get to grab one, right?) about the proportions of the gifted fisherwomen... but it does make the story better to ascribe an ulterior motive...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

The request for pics was just to augment the visual image !

Based on my experience with Bob and Steve many years ago and all of the tales I have heard about them since, I do believe that they are capable of such shenanigans.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
That guy sounds like a real piece of work. No wonder he and las are buddies.
blush

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
That guy sounds like a real piece of work. No wonder he and las are buddies.
blush

I hear they are tight...

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Just watched one of the short clips on the deep water release gear. Neat equipment, but have there been any assays on survival? I'd think it would be awhile before I was chipper if my eyes had been bugged out that far.

Our bottom fishing has been heavily cut back on the Oregon coast. Charters are still running though as they have gone to what is called a long leader (30 ft between weight and the lowermost hook) fishery targeting lower and mid-column species. Have not heard though as to whether or not we're getting sufficient escapement on the bottom feeders.

Last edited by 1minute; 01/10/20.

1Minute
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Hey!

Bastids.....

The good news is that I wasn't paying for the charter, a friend was. Tho I have given some thought to what "friend" means, but anyone can make a mistake or 10.

He didn't get a tip from anyone either.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by las
Hey!

Bastids.....

The good news is that I wasn't paying for the charter, a friend was. Tho I have given some thought to what "friend" means, but anyone can make a mistake or 10.

He didn't get a tip from anyone either.

Just trying to help a "friend!"

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

638 members (12344mag, 1badf350, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 74 invisible), 2,559 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,687
Posts18,456,452
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.