-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
OP Offline
J
Just starting my reloading quest (for my Tikka 7mm Rem Mag) and I'm looking at different powders and Settled on RL22 being one of them but...I can't seem to easily find in on the interweb anywhere. Is that a RL issue or do they not make much of it or what? Thanks.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
If you cannot find R-22,try R-26.I load 1.5grs more 26 to what I was loading for 22.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

baldhunter, That’s a nice group. If/when we run out of RL 22 for my wife’s. 338 WM....26 appears to be a good candidate! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
J
OP Offline
J
Y’alls groups make me super jealous!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
You can look at RL 23. I use it in place of RL 22 in my 280.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
ISAIAH 41:10
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Joe_Schm: What you and others need to know is that powder and bullet manufactures are out there to make money. They are not your buddy. If a powder gets hard to find, they have most likely stopped making it and have come up with a new powder (cheaper to make) that is near?? to the old powder. Also the powder that they have brought out to replace the old will will have a higher price so they get a higher profit. If you are locked into using Re22 you had better buy all you can at any price or be ready to uses the "New and improved powder" that they are selling.

Jim Gibson
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by FatAlbert
Joe_Schm: What you and others need to know is that powder and bullet manufactures are out there to make money. They are not your buddy. If a powder gets hard to find, they have most likely stopped making it and have come up with a new powder (cheaper to make) that is near?? to the old powder. Also the powder that they have brought out to replace the old will will have a higher price so they get a higher profit. If you are locked into using Re22 you had better buy all you can at any price or be ready to uses the "New and improved powder" that they are selling.

Good grief.
Quite doubtful Alliant has ceased production of RL22. Regardless if RL has been discontinued, you may be interested to know powders are made in production runs, and it may be a while before the next production run is manufactured while other types of powder are being made. Many powders are manufactured overseas, and when the manufacturers have enough powder of different types made, they ship it in one big shipment. You may not have noticed but a fair number of Alliant powders are out of stock on various websites. Alliant is obviously in-between shipments of various powders currently, although the boat could be crossing the pond as I type.

Smaller websites that charge more for items like smokeless powder (like the ones M1Garand listed), or out-of-the-way gunshops usually are among the last to sell out.

Popular powders are usually out of stock sooner than less popular powders (makes sense, right?). Give it some time and even RL26 will be readily available..........

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
It’s not just 22. 17 and other powders have been scarce for awhile.
Sometimes wonder if it’s marketing ?
Is it just me that buys 3 times what I need when it finally becomes available ?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FatAlbert

Taint so McGee if you can’t find RL22. Just use Norma MRP

https://www.powdervalleyinc.com/product/norma-mrp/

https://www.norma-ammunition.com/us/Ammunition-Academy/Reloading-Data/7-mm-Remington-Magnum/

Swifty
IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

If you can't find RL22 you sure as heck "ain't" gonna find any RL26 but RL22 is out there!! Give RL 23 a try. Its more resistant to changes than RL22 and prolly RL 26 as well..

"Pride is the only disease that makes everyone sick except the one that has it"
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
MRP??

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by agazain
MRP??

Yes Norma MRP. It and RL22 are made in the same Swedish plant on the same machine. Have interchanged both with the same load and results. I think the Norma is better for lot to lot consistency. Some say RL22 is not up to Norma MRP specs so it’s sent to Alliant for bottling as 22.

Swifty
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I AM SITTING ON 2 5 POUNDERS OF R22 AND WOULD LET THEM GO. DON'T KNOW HOW TO GET THEM TO YOU THO. I FIGURE SHIPPING WOULD HURT.
WOOPS... CAPS LOC Ray

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
MRP??

What I meant was, can you find any MRP??

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
MRP??

What I meant was, can you find any MRP??

More often than not. From link above, and a few more.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/3348317434

https://www.grafs.com/catalog/product/productId/11687

Swifty

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

691 members (16Racing, 007FJ, 163bc, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1234, 65 invisible), 2,964 guests, and 1,325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,578
Posts18,454,042
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.