Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
So, in Bute Montana back in the days of the copper mining boom. There is this wake in the house, the men are drinking whisky, and smoking cigars in the kitchen, and run out of chairs. So they close the casket, lean it on the wall and use the chairs to sit on.

The priest walks in, and says, This is a sacrilege, I need three chairs for the corpse. "Hip, Hip, Hooray, Hip, Hip Hooray, Hip, Hip Hooray."

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You know the difference between an Irish funeral and an Irish wake?

One less drunk.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fellow on his death bed wakes to a beautiful morning and the smell of baking chocolate chip cookies. With great difficulty he manages to sit up. A gentle breeze wafts in through the open window and he can hear birds singing and smell the roses outside the window. He struggles to stand and shuffle ever so slowly down the hall. In the kitchen his wife is just putting the next batch of cookies in the oven. He stumbles a little before he can stabilize himself against the kitchen counter as he reaches for a warm cookie.

Just as his hand reaches the cookie platter his wife slaps his hand "Those are for the Funeral!"

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
When the Rush drummer was gettin to the end, the doctor told the family he was pert near dead.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry, I don't know any Furnal jokes... frown

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
True Story. I wont use their real names, so I'll call them Joe and Jim. Joe told me this story, while Jim was standing there, and Jim said it was true.

In our part of the south, the black folks have their own funeral homes. Jim and Joe were black brothers. Years ago the local black funeral home was a house with some of the walls removed and curtains hung to provide some privacy. Jim and Joe's auntie had passed away and they were holding the wake at the funeral home. Now down here, the blacks don't get in any hurry to bury the dead, wakes usually last a week, sometimes more.

At this time, I need to do a little explaining. Years ago, the bottom of caskets had 2 bottoms. The front, where the top of the body was placed, had a spring between the bottoms and the inner bottom was hinged.. There was a lever on the side of the casket, that you pulled, that would release the bottom and the spring would raise the body up at the waist for viewing during the funeral. The funeral directors would pull the lever while pushing down on the false bottom to keep the body from raising too quickly. Funeral goers viewed the body from their seats instead of filing by the casket, as is now the custom. Once the viewing was over, they would push the false bottom down, engage the latch, and close the lid.

Anyway, Jim was in a curtained off area with just a couple of chairs and the open casket, with his auntie in it. He was carrying on, "Oh, Auntie, why did you have to leave us. We loved you so. Don't know how we's gonna make it without you. Oh Auntie! Oh Auntie." Sobbing and crying something terrible, according to brother Joe.

All of a sudden there was a startled cry, a crashing of chairs, and Jim hollered out, "Lay back down you b!tch or I'll cut yo throat! Lay down I says!" Joe and others ran into the curtained off area and there was Jim, backed up against a wall, with his knife in his hand, ready to go to war. The casket was open and the body was about half in and half out.

All anyone could figure was the someone had accidentally brushed up against the lever thru the curtain and the spring was strong enough to throw the body up, thus startling the [bleep] out of Jim.

I's got another one Joe told me about a church if anyone is interested.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Sure, why not?

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by mudhen

They're just like urnal jokes but shorter.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Without me to make fun of, what would some of you do for internment?

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Skip to the last paragraph of this obit.

https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/rome-ga/donald-unsworth-4371599

I didn't know the guy personally, but know a couple of his grandsons.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by MILES58
Originally Posted by mudhen

They're just like urnal jokes but shorter.

I thought it might be short for “female urinal” 😮

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ok, Joe told me this story about a church that's a couple miles, through the woods, from where I live. I remember them doing the work, but I didn't know why.

This church was a small frame building that was set on blocks. Just a one room church with a door on the opposite end of the building from the pulpit, like most churches are. No air conditioning, just ceiling fans and those great big windows for air circulation.

Anyway, it was summertime, they were having a funeral and the preacher had the congregation really stirred up. They was a shouting, praying, clapping hands, and stomping the feet, had the small church building a shaking. All of a sudden the latch gave on the casket, the body shot up and almost out on the floor. Joe said you could have heard the screams a mile away, pandemonium set in and people started pushing and shoving, jumping over the pews, what ever it took to get out the one door.

The preacher shot out from behind the pulpit and headed for the door, but got knocked down. Picked himself up and took off for the door just to get knocked down, again. Got up, looked around, and as he jumped out one of the windows shouted, "Damn a church with just one door".

A few days later they cut a hole in the wall, installed a door and steps, directly behind the pulpit.

Dad and I wired an outside light and switch for the new door.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by JMR40
Skip to the last paragraph of this obit.

https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/rome-ga/donald-unsworth-4371599

I didn't know the guy personally, but know a couple of his grandsons.

Used to live 15 miles North of there. Beautiful country

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Without me to make fun of, what would some of you do for internment?

You are the gift that keeps on giving.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Was a pallbearer, one of36, at a fairly well liked friend, the priest, another mutual friend, was talking about how many lives the deceased had touched.

"When I look at the pallbearers and all the honorary pallbearers I don't see an honest face in the bunch!"

Sure miss Father Caviglia

Eagles may soar, but a weasel never got sucked into a jet turbine!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
36 pallbearers?

How big a feller was he?

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
You all are bringing some bad juju and karma down on yourselves and those around you in your life also.

Just saying...
IMO.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
36 pallbearers?

How big a feller was he?

He wan't so big - Just tall, tha'ss all.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What do you call the pallbearers at a Tulsa funeral?

Karaoke

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

94 members (264mag, 2500HD, 300_savage, 308xray, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 18 invisible), 1,144 guests, and 924 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,219
Posts18,447,478
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.