Hop To
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I guess he missed Luke 22:36

22:36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

https://newsradio1310.com/twin-falls-pastor-suggests-gun-owners-are-going-to-hell/

A local Methodist minister suggests you can’t be a Christian and carry a gun. He appears to claim even using a firearm in self-defense isn’t Christ like. Does this mean if you drop dead at the range on Saturday, you’ll wake up in hell on Sunday? I’m reminded his denomination cheers for infanticide and ordains clergy who are openly engaged in homosexual relationships. But a woman who would shoot a rapist as he attacked her would apparently be the aggressor in the eyes of the Lord. Talk about victim shaming!

Read More: Twin Falls Pastor Suggests Gun Owners Are Going to Hell | https://newsradio1310.com/twin-fall...m_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

A friend saw the pastor’s picture in the newspaper and told me the guy resembles mass shooter Jared Loughner.

he same pastor apparently maintains he’s also a Buddhist. Never mind the First Commandment. Democrat Party politics now passes for some Christian denominations.

The fellow’s condemnation of gun owners struck a chord with the Gun Guys on Newsradio 1310, KLIX. Both Forrest Andersen and Todd Eccles are respected members of our community and have been praised by law enforcers and the Twin Falls County Prosecuting Attorney (I’ve witnessed the kind words).

What appears to have triggered the leftists-of-inclusive-faith is a shooting at a Texas church. A team of highly trained members of the congregation responded. The criminal was downed in under 6 seconds and with just one shot. Apparently, the good guy got in the way of the liberal’s narrative. Only a bloodbath of innocents advances their salivating desire for gun-grabbing.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A Methodist minister who claims to also be a Buddhist? Why, I'm shocked.

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
Hmm...funny. My Methodist pastor carries and wants me to take him deer hunting next fall. We have several chosen members that carry during our service, including me. And not one Methodist church here condones gay lifestyle in any shape, form, or fashion.

I’d be interested in your take as to how my church encourages infanticide.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well, I guess the good “minister”, missed the portion of scripture where they came for Jesus snd Peter whipped out his sword and lopped off the ear of one of those that came. Jesus didn’t rebuke Peter for carrying a sword. Why did Peter need a sword when he was with Almighty God? Jesus must not have had an issue with it.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
No such place!

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I thought Methodist ministers were female? With cop haircuts.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

22:36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

https://newsradio1310.com/twin-falls-pastor-suggests-gun-owners-are-going-to-hell/

A local Methodist minister suggests you can’t be a Christian and carry a gun. He appears to claim even using a firearm in self-defense isn’t Christ like. Does this mean if you drop dead at the range on Saturday, you’ll wake up in hell on Sunday? I’m reminded his denomination cheers for infanticide and ordains clergy who are openly engaged in homosexual relationships. But a woman who would shoot a rapist as he attacked her would apparently be the aggressor in the eyes of the Lord. Talk about victim shaming!

Read More: Twin Falls Pastor Suggests Gun Owners Are Going to Hell | https://newsradio1310.com/twin-fall...m_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

A friend saw the pastor’s picture in the newspaper and told me the guy resembles mass shooter Jared Loughner.

he same pastor apparently maintains he’s also a Buddhist. Never mind the First Commandment. Democrat Party politics now passes for some Christian denominations.

The fellow’s condemnation of gun owners struck a chord with the Gun Guys on Newsradio 1310, KLIX. Both Forrest Andersen and Todd Eccles are respected members of our community and have been praised by law enforcers and the Twin Falls County Prosecuting Attorney (I’ve witnessed the kind words).

What appears to have triggered the leftists-of-inclusive-faith is a shooting at a Texas church. A team of highly trained members of the congregation responded. The criminal was downed in under 6 seconds and with just one shot. Apparently, the good guy got in the way of the liberal’s narrative. Only a bloodbath of innocents advances their salivating desire for gun-grabbing.

Your quote proves him wrong. And if there was any doubt, when Peter drew his sword and hacked off the Temple Guard's ear, Jesus failed to say to Peter, "Peter, you know that carrying a sword is a sin, so why did you do it?" Not only did he not say that, he told him to "Put it up in its sheath." In other words, he commanded Peter to carry his sword. He didn't command him to toss it away, destroy it, or to only keep it in his home.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by slumlord

Around here they are. Or pedo looking men.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Your quote proves him wrong. And if there was any doubt, when Peter drew his sword and hacked off the Temple Guard's ear, Jesus failed to say to Peter, "Peter, you know that carrying a sword is a sin, so why did you do it?" Not only did he not say that, he told him to "put it up in your sheath." In other words, he commanded Peter to carry his sword. He didn't command him to toss it away, destroy it, or only keep it in his home.
Jesus didn't tell Peter to hand it to that cop in the corner.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Jesus didn't tell Peter to hand it to that cop in the corner.

No, he did not. He clearly wanted him to continue carrying it, so we must assume that it had a legitimate function carried in one's sheath, such as providing security against criminals.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
When liberalism and Religion meet........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by slumlord

We had one. Hard to attend service, glad she is gone!

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Every profession has it's rouges. Those that will not attend church for some flimsy reason should reconsider.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm glad all my friends will be there. I'd get pretty lonely.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
antelope_sniper:
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope that this second Saturday of 2020 finds you well, warm and dry.

Honestly I'm not an excellent Biblical scholar by any definition, but I did honestly study this particular subject a fair bit because the church I was raised in had pacifistic teachings. Perhaps better said the congregation did or that was how I understood it.

It became a sticking point with me and for years it was a wedge between my late father and myself as I rejected a lot of what I'd been taught - in large part because of the inclination towards pacifism.

For instance, the one quote often used was after the aforementioned incident where Peter cuts off the servant's ear - "Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword"

If we take that as a stand alone verse, it does seem to indicate we shouldn't "live by the sword" - but... there was the nettlesome interaction with the centurion in Matthew 8:5-13 that always came immediately to my mind.

Here it is:
5 When Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to him, asking for help. 6 “Lord,” he said, “my servant lies at home paralyzed, suffering terribly.”

7 Jesus said to him, “Shall I come and heal him?”

8 The centurion replied, “Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed. 9 For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and that one, ‘Come,’ and he comes. I say to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.”

10 When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those following him, “Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith. 11 I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. 12 But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”

13 Then Jesus said to the centurion, “Go! Let it be done just as you believed it would.” And his servant was healed at that moment.

From your posts, I know you to be an educated and erudite individual, so you and I both well know what a centurion was, how he got that job and how he kept it on the Galilean frontier.

He would be a straight up "bad dude" a force to be reckoned with and carried not only a sword, but a dagger as well, right? Both of which he would have used with deadly effect on a number of occasions as they were the tools of his chosen trade.

What struck me was that Christ didn't say to him, "Listen, I'd maybe consider doing this for you if you would quit your job. It's really distasteful and you do way too many nasty things for me to even consider it".

As a kid I pondered that a lot and as an adult have come to the conclusion that for some of us - like the other thread we conversed on - dying by the sword isn't necessarily a bad thing. If we live by the sword, surely we may die by it - but if we're truly servants then this is just a stop over anyway, correct? That and we're all going to die some way at some point in our lives - the end being the final part of the journey here.

Anyway for me, Christ's response to the centurion was a key to rejecting pacifistic doctrine as taught by some churches.

As always, I would never say I'm right - I have faith that I am - but again I'm not trying to convert anyone else to believe the way I do. Many roads to Mecca and all that, right? wink

Thanks for making me think again as I tried to articulate why I've come to believe what I do.

All the best to you once again.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
It is so simple men, just accept the greatest bargain in the entire history of the world.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by BRISTECD
Well, I guess the good “minister”, missed the portion of scripture where they came for Jesus snd Peter whipped out his sword and lopped off the ear of one of those that came. Jesus didn’t rebuke Peter for carrying a sword. Why did Peter need a sword when he was with Almighty God? Jesus must not have had an issue with it.

Maybe you missed the part where Jesus touched the man with the missing ear and restored it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Grumulkin
Well, I guess the good “minister”, missed the portion of scripture where they came for Jesus and Peter whipped out his sword and lopped off the ear of one of those that came. Jesus didn’t rebuke Peter for carrying a sword. Why did Peter need a sword when he was with Almighty God? Jesus must not have had an issue with it.

Maybe you missed the part where Jesus touched the man with the missing ear and restored it.

Do we not also administer medical treatment to enemy combatants after the threat is concluded?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Grumulkin

No, I didn't miss it. It just wasn’t pertinent to the subject being discussed.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For Peter to just get his ear was it an excellent shot or did he almost miss completely?

Fortunately what some random minister thinks doesn't matter. There's one on TV that implies I am going to hell because I won't send him $1,000.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

666 members (1minute, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 65 invisible), 3,106 guests, and 1,294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,701
Posts18,456,746
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.