Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
There seems to be some confusion about what can be imported into Canada. If you follow these very simple steps, you will have no problems getting almost anything you want.. Firearms and ammunition are flat out not allowed for export directly to Canadian private citizens. There are a few importers that you can talk to, should you want that lovely rifle or handgun that is for sale in the US. Be aware that you will pay an import fee, and possibly an export fee, but a phone call or email is so easy these days.

Here are two firearms and accessories importers - I Run Guns or Prophet River There are others. With either of these businesses, everything will be explained to you. They love answering your questions and will give you the total price up front.

For barrels, I have ordered Shilen barrels (other makers are available) from Mystic Precision and Thompson Contender barrels from Nine35 in Ontario

For accessories like reloading equipment, stocks and other things that you would like to order from the US, go to their site and ask! Here are two US businesses that I deal with regularly. It's easier if you register with them, so they know who you are.

Brownells or Midsouth Shooters Supply There are others. With either of these businesses, everything will be explained to you. They love answering your questions and will give you the total price up front.

For specialty dies like those from Lee or Redding, email them. They ship to Canada. I have ordered a bunch of reloading equipment from these two, including special order crimp dies, collet dies, body dies, etc. When in doubt, ask!
---

Those of you who visit my site or check the Canada section regularly will have read about my purchases from these and other US businesses. If you visit a strange site, check the bottom of the main page and look for Shipping Policies or International Customers. If you are unsure, email or phone. This isn't 1950. smile

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Good evening Steve this crisp evening. The Cooey's are made in Canada. How much other arms, and the related items are made in Canada? No need to import.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
There really isn't much up here, Richard. We depend on Europe and the US for most of our supplies. For firearms, only Savage Arms operates up here. As far as I know, only Savage 22s are made here. Almost all are exported to the US.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savage_Arms#Operations_in_Canada

For ammunition available to civilians, there are only a handful of companies, most of whom make shotgun shells. Canadian military small arms ammunition is made in Quebec, but the company (IVI) is owned by General Dynamics in the US.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Steve, of course there are many firearms, and ammo, and reloading supplies at retail sale. I've seen some of it.

It's not like when I was a kid, a shotgun went through customs like a spare tire.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I'm not sure what you mean. Virtually everything that is on the shelves in gun stores and outdoor stores in Canada comes from someplace other than Canada.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
You can buy it without having to import it your self.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
We have much less here than you would find at the stores in the US.

We only have a handful of barrel makers, and they are mostly small shops. We have no bullet makers, but do have a few custom bullet makers. No scope manufacturers. No ammunition makers. Our powder maker, IMR, sends it all to the US. IMR is owned by Hodgdon. No stock companies like Boyds.

We buy dies, presses, powder, primers, bullets, cases and other reloading equipment and components from the US mostly. Certain times of the year can be difficult to buy items. They aren't widely available. Often, even the US owned companies like Bass Pro or Cabelas that have stores up here do not stock much. For example, I cannot find a Ruger American 6.5 Grendel rifle up here. There are always shirts and fishing tackle available, but stocks are low or non-existent for firearms/target shooting equipment.

To alleviate the bullet problem, you have seen me post about buying the equipment to make my own. I have also brought bullets in from Reloading International in Oregon.

Slings, hunting clothes, hats, etc.are imported.

There are some good stores here that stock what they can, but it is nothing like down south.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12344mag, 54 invisible), 2,271 guests, and 1,150 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,247
Posts18,466,921
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.