Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
I’m in the market for a replacement stock for my 700 BDL. Being a lefty my options are limited a bit and I’m also impatient and don’t want to wait for a McMillan. I don’t do anything other than deer hunt in Michigan so not much chance of the gun getting beat up but I do like to hunt in inclement weather which is why I want to switch from the wood stock. Looking at the Bell & Carlson, Grayboe Outlander, and the HS Precision. Which is also the order as far as price with the HS being $100 more than the others. Looking for feedback on these three options. Thanks!

Craig

GB1

Q
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Q
I bought the HS precision for left hand 300 RUM rem 700 cdl
Im no stock expert, and have nothing else to compare it to, but I like it.
I simply bolted it on according to the supplied instructions and it shoots right at 3/4” for 3 shot groups.
I did get a 13.25” LOP and a second upper sling swivel stud.

Last edited by QSX15; 01/10/20.

"When a man with a pistol meets a man with a rifle, the man with a pistol is a dead man."
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have both HS Precision and a B&C Ti for similar rifles. The B&C Ti feels superior in my hands. The HS has a thicker forend and feels more like a block. The HS is free floated while the B%C is not. The only negative to the B&C is that is feels slick and needs more texture in my opinion.

Lastly, the B&C was about $100 cheaper. With that said, I'd buy another B&C Ti in a heartbeat.

If money isn't an issue, you might also check out AG Composites. They seem to have some nice stuff and advertise a 5 week wait.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Craig2506
I’m in the market for a replacement stock for my 700 BDL. Being a lefty my options are limited a bit and I’m also impatient and don’t want to wait for a McMillan. I don’t do anything other than deer hunt in Michigan so not much chance of the gun getting beat up but I do like to hunt in inclement weather which is why I want to switch from the wood stock. Looking at the Bell & Carlson, Grayboe Outlander, and the HS Precision. Which is also the order as far as price with the HS being $100 more than the others. Looking for feedback on these three options. Thanks!

Craig

Not to deviate from your criteria but you have one of the easiest platforms to find a McMillan for.

https://mcmillanusa.com/mcmillan-remington-gunstocks/

I think I have five. They're worth it.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Craig2506

Craig

Look at AG composites.

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I'm a big fan of the B&C Ti clones like the Alaskan. I have four.

Had a McMillan...didnt feel it was worth it. If you are 25 years old and planning on beating fence posts into the ground the rest of your life, yes, the McMillan is worth it. I'm not completely kind to my varmint rifles but the B&C have held up no problem...plus I like the weight, ergos and price better.

Flave is rich enough to hunt iguanas on his spare time. Me, not so much...

Last edited by ingwe; 01/11/20.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
How difficult is it to float a b&c? Sandpaper and a socket is my usual option...

C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
I guess to be honest what’s the thought on just buying a takeoff Remington stock on the classifieds and then epoxying the fore end to stiffen it?

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I have 2 greyboe stocks due to arrive Tuesday. Both terrain models. Supposed to be a realist weed copy of the mcmillians. Aluminum pillars molded in. And wait was less than a week from purchase to expected delivery date

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like the B&C Alaskan T1. Fits me perfect, and was a perfect fit for the rifle, an LVSF.

IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I have a B&C off of a factory Remington Mtn Rifle. It is a bit thick in the grip and the forearm for my taste. Are all of their stocks like that or are some thinner in those areas?

Those who are always shooting off at the mouth usually aren't shooting straight.

Build a man a fire and he’ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

www.wvcdl.org
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Ordered a Cooper from Stockys

Should be here next week

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I like the B&C Alaskan T1. Fits me perfect, and was a perfect fit for the rifle, an LVSF.

I just did that last month...converted the LVSF from adl to bdl and put it in an Alaskan Ti......17 Remington

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by ingwe

I just did that last month...converted the LVSF from adl to bdl and put it in an Alaskan Ti......17 Remington

Need to do this to my LVSF. I was looking at the Ti model with the magnum contour channel, 2952 I think. The last rearguard Ti model stock I got took a lot of work to make it fit though.

The way you went is probably the way to go.

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Bearcat74

Need to do this to my LVSF. I was looking at the Ti model with the magnum contour channel, 2952 I think. The last rearguard Ti model stock I got took a lot of work to make it fit though.

Yeah, it was simple to switch the bottom metal and mag, a dab of 5 minute epoxy goop to bed the lug and we were off and running. I like the ergos much mo' better than the LVSF stock and have done a couple other rifles the same way...

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B

Yeah, it was simple to switch the bottom metal and mag, a dab of 5 minute epoxy goop to bed the lug and we were off and running. I like the ergos much mo' better than the LVSF stock and have done a couple other rifles the same way...

I set my LVSF stock in the safe and swapped it into a factory Tupperware stock, but I like the feel of the B&C stocks that I have.

The LVSF stock isn’t for me.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I like everything about the B&C Ti except the thicker grip. If it was just a bit more slender, it would be perfect.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I set my LVSF stock in the safe and swapped it into a factory Tupperware stock, but I like the feel of the B&C stocks that I have.

The LVSF stock isn’t for me.

When I first started shooting my LVSF 243, it was right out of the box one of the most accurate factory rifles I'd ever shot. But......I was shooting it off a shooting bench, with a rest and sandbags. Started hunting with it, and missed a couple of easy shots at coyotes. Finally figured out that the stock just didn't fit me right. The B&C T1 fixed that little problem.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B

Mine is 7-08, and it is super accurate. Dropping it into the factory tupperware hasn’t changed the accuracy but I do like the feel of the B&C stocks.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

My 7mm/08 is fitted in a Bell & Carlson #2961

My 308 is fitted in a Bell & Carlson #2467

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1eyedmule, 10Glocks, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 53 invisible), 2,667 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,565
Posts18,453,772
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.