Hop To
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by bobmn
What kind of mileage is everyone getting?

My 2014 crew 4x4 got 14 in the city, 17 on hwy as long as I stayed at 70mph or less, 15 at 75mph or more. I had lots of trouble with electronics (nav and infotainment went out twice at 44k and 60k) and cold start valve went out at 70k. Sorry to rain on the Tundra parade but my last two Chevy 4x4's, current GMC 4x4, and both of dad's last two F150 4x4's run circles around that Tundra.

Hope you have better luck with yours.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I bought a 08 Tundra new, put a hundred and seventy-five thousand miles on it. The transmission started having issues then so I traded it in got an excellent trade in on it on a 2017 Tundra. To me the tundra just feels more like a truck without all the fancy crap the Chevy was covered in. Test drove a half ton Ford, it just didn't feel like a truck to me either.

Heaviest thing I hauled in the bed would be a 200 gallon water tank full and 2 dead deer at the same time. That was no trouble you couldn't even tell the weight was back there. Tundras also seem to handle a lot better on a curvy Road to me I live in the mountains lots of curvy steep two-lane roads I like the way the tundra feels, rides, and handles better than the others and even with the dealership knowing the transmission had issues I got one heck of a trade-in and a good deal on a 2017.

I average about 14.5 miles per gallon here in the mountains and it steep here on most roads. The biggest drawback of the new Tundras is the stereos are awful I installed an amp new speakers all the way around. was really disappointed in 2017 factory system I kept the head unit put in a good Alpine amp some good speakers made a world of difference

Location Western NC,
after alot of other places
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Toyota makes a nice rugged truck but for some reason gets the worst mileage of all of them. I drove V8 Chevys and then Fords and am now back to a GMC V8. This newest one gets average 20 overall and on level 55 roads is closer to 25. Ford was slightly worse but better than the 15.2 my buddy gets with his tundra.

living the good life every day
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by champlain_islander
Toyota makes a nice rugged truck but for some reason gets the worst mileage of all of them. I drove V8 Chevys and then Fords and am now back to a GMC V8. This newest one gets average 20 overall and on level 55 roads is closer to 25. Ford was slightly worse but better than the 15.2 my buddy gets with his tundra.

4.30 gears....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Spotshooter

I’m looking at getting a new full size after having my Tacoma for 11 years, I’m stuck between ford and a Tundra right now, but given Toyota replaced my frame on my truck when it was 9 years old, and Ford would NEVER do that... I’m really leaning in the direction of the Tundra.

Wait til the new Tundra comes out next year! The Tundra led the pack back in 07 when it came out, but 12 years later it’s been passed up in performance and technology by pretty much every other half ton truck. Of course unless your getting a screaming good deal on it.

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Toyota makes the best 1/2 ton hands down.

If you tow a lot I can see the reluctance. The small tank is its biggest drawback but it still beats holy hell out of any other 1/2 ton.

Ford for a close second.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G

Originally Posted by deflave
Toyota makes the best 1/2 ton hands down.

If you tow a lot I can see the reluctance. The small tank is its biggest drawback but it still beats holy hell out of any other 1/2 ton.

Ford for a close second.

38 gallons....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Originally Posted by champlain_islander

4.30 gears....

A somewhat dated 6spd tranny and 5.7 engine.

They’ve given great service but others have updated to 8 and 10spd trannies and more efficient engines.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Maybe the next generation will have a 15 speed and one of those motors that shuts off at stop signs.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Resale for the Tundra is without peer by the way.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
After about 500k miles on Tacomas, I had my 2008 for 110,000 miles, now in a new 2019 with 7,000. Unless something drastic changes with build quality, I will likely always own a Tundra.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by BluMtn
I like my 13 Crewmax, plus I have the factory supercharger on it which makes the smile factor +10 when you put the hammer down. Pulling the travel trailer makes hills look small.

Please tell me more about the factory supercharger. Who installed it, where was it installed, did it affect your warranty, what brand of supercharger, costs involved, etc.

Would most appreciate your replies and thanks in advance.
OT

I wanted to put after market dual exhaust on my trundra and were took from service it would void the warranty if that can track it back to it, and I'm sure they would say it had something to do with it. dam toyota service is all about the money

V
viking Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
I drove about 300 miles today back to Fairview. Nice comfortable ride, and I still had gas in the tank😂. The Tundras are built the way a half ton should be.

One thing that I might be concerned about, is the lack of a block heater. I was told they don’t install them.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
Originally Posted by Spotshooter

I’m looking at getting a new full size after having my Tacoma for 11 years, I’m stuck between ford and a Tundra right now, but given Toyota replaced my frame on my truck when it was 9 years old, and Ford would NEVER do that... I’m really leaning in the direction of the Tundra.

Wait til the new Tundra comes out next year! The Tundra led the pack back in 07 when it came out, but 12 years later it’s been passed up in performance and technology by pretty much every other half ton truck. Of course unless your getting a screaming good deal on it.

May not be until 2022 models.

https://carbuzz.com/news/theres-bad-news-about-the-new-toyota-tundra

The expert at anything was once a beginner.

JC
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Maybe the next generation will have a 15 speed and one of those motors that shuts off at stop signs.

Maybe. But that’d be retarded.

An 8 or 10spd and updated engine that could pull 20+ unloaded on the highway would make sense.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by viking
I traded my Chevy off yesterday and got a Toyota Tundra. Beast of pickup for a half ton.

You definitely traded up. I have a 2001 model Tundra that I wouldn't trade for a new Chevy or Ram if I had to keep it and drive it.

Last edited by reivertom; 01/12/20.
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
I like my 13 Crewmax, plus I have the factory supercharger on it which makes the smile factor +10 when you put the hammer down. Pulling the travel trailer makes hills look small.

Please tell me more about the factory supercharger. Who installed it, where was it installed, did it affect your warranty, what brand of supercharger, costs involved, etc.

OT

Mine was dealer installed with factory warranty. I also have the cold air intake and dual stainless exhaust system on it. I was told with the supercharger, air, intake, and exhaust that I am putting out about 540 HP. I still get about 15 on the road and 6 or 7 when the travel trailer is hooked up. At the time the cost was about $8000.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

OT

Mine was dealer installed with factory warranty. I also have the cold air intake and dual stainless exhaust system on it. I was told with the supercharger, air, intake, and exhaust that I am putting out about 540 HP. I still get about 15 on the road and 6 or 7 when the travel trailer is hooked up. At the time the cost was about $8000.

BluMtn, many thanks for the info. Could I ask what dealership you used for the installation? I’d be willing to drive a ways for this installation.

Thanks again.
OT

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

OT

That’s a beast! 540Hp and 500+ torque is monster!

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Depending what year you have I believe they discontinued the TRD supercharger program with the 15 model year. I kinow there was a frantic search for awhile from the guys that had 15's to find dealers that had them in stock. Mine will be going up for sale in a couple months. It has 67,000 miles on it right now.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 160user, 55 invisible), 2,798 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,489
Posts18,452,068
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.