B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by hunt4570
Originally Posted by nyrifleman
I personally think the Creedmore in a model 70 is an abomination, but I'm very tempted by that super grade.

OP, That link you were sent to the extreme weather is a fairly decent price.

So why do you think a Creedmoor in a M70 is an abomination?

I'm probably about to pull the trigger on a M70 featherweight SS in 6.5 Creedmoor...

I'd imagine because of the folks who hold the CM up on such a throne.. It is a great cartridge and works excellent for most guys uses. There is a hard core 70 bunch of users that don't wanna see the 6.5 CM mixed up with our favorite rifle. I'd do a 6.5 CM in a Featherweight in a heartbeat if I wanted one though. Should make a sweet package.

Man there is a supposed hardcore model 70 bunch that constantly bitch about Winchester being assembled in Portugal. Me really don’t care, I guess this hardcore bunch forgot when the model 70 was not made for 3 yrs...

I hear you there. I had a few SC rifles and they were excellent rifles. Love my P64’s a lot but the SC 70’s were good rifles and shot well. I’d buy another if I wanted or needed, but I’m a sucker for the used old P64 and Classics.

Semper Fi
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

I'm probably about to pull the trigger on a M70 featherweight SS in 6.5 Creedmoor...

US made M-70 - Harley
Portugal assembled M-70 - Harley, assembled in Japan.
Portugal assembled M-70 in creed - Electric Harley, assembled in Japan.

I like all (well, almost all) of them. Change happens. It’s a global marketplace.

So I don't completely understand your reply.. are you comparing off shore assembly with Harley?? Not sure Harleys are assembled off shore, but they DO have parts from overseas. My '07 FLTRI has a whole front end made in Japan (and metric) but its also lasted me for 90k+ miles so far!

And it is a global market place anymore..

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I personally think the Creedmore in a model 70 is an abomination, but I'm very tempted by that super grade.

I'd imagine because of the folks who hold the CM up on such a throne.. It is a great cartridge and works excellent for most guys uses. There is a hard core 70 bunch of users that don't wanna see the 6.5 CM mixed up with our favorite rifle. I'd do a 6.5 CM in a Featherweight in a heartbeat if I wanted one though. Should make a sweet package.

Yeah I have a Stainless Synthetic M70 with BOSS I bought new in the early '90s that I love, thinking about something new and have been eyeing that 6.5 CM for a while.. So I'm wanting that 6.5 CM mixed up with my favorite rifles.

Last edited by hunt4570; 01/12/20.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Yeah I have a Stainless Synthetic M70 I bought new in the early '90s that I love, thinking about something new and have been eyeing that 6.5 CM for a while.. So I'm wanting that 6.5 CM mixed up with my favorite rifle.

I could do one of those myself.

Semper Fi
IC B2

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Push feed. See my statement above.

whistle

Why do you mention push feed? they havent been push feed for a while! All have the Claw extractor CRF now..

Last edited by hunt4570; 01/12/20.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Responding to 79S

At the end of the day you only need to please yourself, its your hard earned folding money.

Last edited by nyrifleman; 01/12/20.

“Factio democratica delenda est"
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Responding to 79S

At the end of the day you only need to please yourself, its your hard earned folding money.

I have yet to buy a Portugal assembled model 70. But if I were too
It be one in a 6.5 CM don’t know why, I have ton of brass and dies. But, I know where a classic sporter is in 264 win mag. So probably never need a the 6.5 cm..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by TraderVic
Originally Posted by tmitch
. Sounds like Winchester still hasn't brought them out, even though they're currently listed as a production offering.

Winchester is very disappointing....

Several for sale on Gunbroker, so I'd say they're out and in stock now.

I see that now. I'm interested to hear how well they shoot. I already have another rifle, so....

So you bitch and whine that Winchester supposedly hasn’t made the extreme weather in 6.5 cm. Someone points out several on gunbroker, you now want to know how well they shoot and you have another rifle. You sir are a idiot..

The point of my comment was Winchester was two years behind in delivering on their advertised "Shot Show Special", whereas they delivered on the rest of their shot show products much sooner.

It's too bad you have to get personal.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by tmitch
. Sounds like Winchester still hasn't brought them out, even though they're currently listed as a production offering.

Winchester is very disappointing....

Several for sale on Gunbroker, so I'd say they're out and in stock now.

I see that now. I'm interested to hear how well they shoot. I already have another rifle, so....

So you bitch and whine that Winchester supposedly hasn’t made the extreme weather in 6.5 cm. Someone points out several on gunbroker, you now want to know how well they shoot and you have another rifle. You sir are a idiot..

The point of my comment was Winchester was two years behind in delivering on their advertised "Shot Show Special", whereas they delivered on the rest of their shot show products much sooner.

It's too bad you have to get personal.

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

371 members (264mag, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 222ND, 17CalFan, 42 invisible), 2,815 guests, and 1,088 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,590
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.