Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by broomd
Hit a massive buck in 2009 during a sideways Nov blizzard.
Went back to check on the deer and the beast promptly attacked me.

Went round and round tangled together in barbed wire in the ditch until I finally dispensed him with a Leatherman Juice -- that's the model with the 2" blade. Yeah, it was ugly.

Note to self, 'never forget the sidearm again.'

Got a pic of the mount?, wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
All of mine and my wife’s deer collisions are deer running into the side of our vehicles lol

Their timing is off about a 1/2 second down here. 😃

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by wabigoon
!966, 63 SS Chevy.

Rich spoiled boy, huh? wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Off topic, but I ran over a Rhode Island Red once, it was like hitting a bowling ball. Surprised me, I never expected it to be so solid. lol

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
that steer i hit made good steaks. hit it in the head with the bumper. deputy sheriff told me i could take it, went and got a come along, boards for a ramp and loaded it up. 900# steer.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Well Doc, in my defense, I'd been working since I was 14. I payed income tax in 1959. wink

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
Off topic, but I ran over a Rhode Island Red once, it was like hitting a bowling ball. Surprised me, I never expected it to be so solid. lol

i hit a flock of Guineas going 70 once.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Almost go a black HO with my side mirror who was arguing with he boyfriend in the middle of the highway. She never saw me but stepped forward just enough.

Have got several deer. Head shots with the bumper.

Last edited by websterparish47; 01/13/20.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Nailed a 8 point buck one night about 20 years ago.

More recently I found turkeys in Iowa are dumb as a rock.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Turkeys are dumb as rock everywhere when it comes to vehicles, they are not car smart at all.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
About 20 years ago my wife and I were driving home from Wally World on Christmas Eve on a relatively busy four land street with center turn lane. I was in the left lane and saw a flash of white in the right headlights and WHAM...a doe hit the right passenger door. In the rear view mirror I saw the doe tumble off the right side of the road, then get up and continue across the road, right to left.

The doe hit the passenger door hard enough to cave it in, bruise my wife’s arm and do $1400 worth of damage.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I worked with a guy fron Red Lodge 45 miles away, and during the years he drove to Columbus and back, he hit 23 Deer and one Elk.
Needless to say, he drove "junkers" and if they weren't at first they became "junkers!
Good guy, but kind of a dumb ass!

Last edited by kennymauser; 01/13/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Oh, geez, several deer, and a steer that totaled the Tacoma last month. But most notable was a herd of 7 black tails inside the city limit of Eagle Lake, OR, that ran into the side of my truck from the front bumper to the back of the cab and bounced off. bumpety-bump-bump-bump. I was doing less than 25 mph, and a whole herd of deer...... Dangedest thing. Still had the dents in the truck when the steer totaled it, too.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
F
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
F
Two weeks ago, truck has 311,000 miles so only carry PL/PD insurance. Gonna live with the damage. Guy driving opposite direction saw whole thing. He asked if I saw the big buck that was chasing it, unfortunately only thing I saw was the does head going into the headlight.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

B
Campfire Regular
Online Sad
Campfire Regular
B
I hit a black horse head on running toward me on a dark highway while I was driving my wife’s Camry years ago. It killed the horse and totaled the car. Luckily I was warned by an on coming vehicle that was flashing his lights. I slowed to around 15-20 mph but could not see it since it was solid black. The horse crushed the windshield, hood and left teeth marks in the top of the car.

"If I couldn't laugh I would go insane." JB
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wow, I was driving the wife's camry and missed a dark horse by less that a foot one night, the car behind me nailed it, totaled car, killed horse.

Hit a cow once with a fire truck, smashed the left front fender and the cow disapeared into the brush, actually looked for it later after taking care of the car wreck we were going to. There were several in the road, missed all but 1.

Location Western NC,
after alot of other places
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Friend of mine was in a band traveling home from out of town and hit a horse so hard it was decapitated. Cops came and horse owner came to scene. Horse lady cried and screamed Buttercup, Buttercup whahhh. Next day band leader got a call from insurance co. and was asked what was name of horse that lost it's head. Band leader said "Buttercup", insurance person said she's claiming it was another horse with big policy payout.

The next time they reformed the band they named it Horsehead and the rest is history.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I hit a moose about two years ago. It will happen if you live in Alaska long enough. I was in a Rav4 and it was a calf following its mother. We are taught to aim at its assend to try to miss. 99% you miss but this time I didn't. Somehow it didn't total and it cost more than 8000.00 for the insurance company but we still drive it today.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

Nicked one once, and it bent my steel bumper around like it was plastic... I had to pull it away from the tire to drive home.. wow.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
About 10 years ago, when my anger issues were much less constrained, I intentionally, and with malice, hit a Camry in my dodge pickup. A lot more satisfying than any deer I've hit.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’ve been extremely lucky. Despite over 38 years driving in rural PA, I’ve only hit two. Both were fawns following a doe across the road. She made it, they didn’t. I was driving a Freightliner, never even found a hair, but it made a big greasy spot on the road.
I run those deer whistles, and I drive accordingly after dark. If you use your melon and watch out, 75% of deer collisions can be avoided. There are those that will jump the guardrail in front of you for no reason, but like I said, I’m careful and I’m lucky (so far).
A buddy of mine wasn’t though. He hit an adolescent buffalo (around 8 or 900 pounds worth), with his new F-150. He wasn’t hurt, but the buff and the truck were both dead at the scene. The buff hopped the fence at a farm. On a dark night, Buffalo blend in real well. He never saw it till it was a few feet from the grill.
Funny thing about it, it was after midnight, AM of 6 June, and the were 6666 miles on his brand new truck! eek
I’ve seen Several vehicles after collisions with beeves or horses. Luckily no body I knew was hurt bad or killed, but the vehicles are toast.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

426 members (1_deuce, 264mag, 219DW, 17CalFan, 303savage, 1OntarioJim, 49 invisible), 2,380 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,112
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.