Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by iddave
Originally Posted by 01Foreman400
It is a blued superlite. Just talked to a buddy of mine who is a rep for Tikka. They are coming out with some other superlites in 2020 as well but I was swarm to secrecy for now. LOL

Not cool. I want details, and I want them NOW sir.

Dave

Your buddy could spill some beans here and make some clams.

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Sagewind
If you want one, I suggest you hurry! My local Sportsman's had 5 on the rack and I had to ask them to check in the back for the 223 that showed in inventory- they only had one. I have been waiting for a sale and grabbed it. I mounted a SWFA 10x mil/mil I purchased on BF, and mounted the scope in Sport Match rings. The scope is a little big for the rifle but I want to try dialing a FFP scope, a first for me. If I want a lighter setup, I need new rings, but I have a Burris 3x9 E1 sitting unused in the safe. Now to see if she likes 69, 75, or 77 grain bullets. FYI, Beretta USA has un-packaged 223 mags on sale. If you use "GIFT35" you get an additional 35% off the sale price. Orders over $50 ship free. I grabbed two and got the free shipping. Can't wait to try her out!

How much was the rifle.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
It is a blued superlite. Just talked to a buddy of mine who is a rep for Tikka. They are coming out with some other superlites in 2020 as well but I was sworn to secrecy for now. LOL

Will the rest of the lineup be unveiled at the SHOT show?

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Pharmseller, the rifle was $699, so $50 off the normal price.

Most of all he loved the fall
The leaves yellow on the cottonwoods
Leaves floating on the trout steams and above the hills
The high blue windless skies
Now he will be part of them, forever
- Earnest Hemingway, Idaho- 1939
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Originally Posted by kandpand
Sportsman's Warehouse has their exclusive T3x Superlite on sale. What is the twist rate on the 223 and 243? I cannot find that information on the web site.

I would call the store and verify.

I did call my local SW yesterday. The superlites were not on sale.

IC B2

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
I recently purchased a new Sports South edition Superlite that has a stainless barrel and action with a black coating of some kind ( I called Sports South to confirm that is was indeed stainless before I purchased it) This rifle has a drab green stock with black pistol grip, it is a very good looking rifle IMO, I think better looking than the natural stainless finish rifles with solid black stock. It looks like there is one identical to mine in our campfire classifieds.....I will be curious to see if this black/green combo is also the new Sportsmans Warehouse edition.....Hb

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
now, i bought one of the same rifles you describe hillbilly in 308 win and buds advertised it as a stainless and the pic looked like a normal stainless finish being silver. we went round and round about this and i even asked several times that it was stainless and the salesman confirmed. but, the gun came in as you explain in a blued state. so, the gun went back to buds and a "stainless" barreled action like the pic on their site was supposedly was sent to me. so, the same exact rifle got sent back to me. not, a replacement but the same rifle. man, was i furious because the guy from buds was adamant that its supposed to be stainless but the gun shows up blued. so, in the meantime,actually before i ordered from buds i called whittaker guns and they had the same listing and same silver stainless pic on their site but the salesman knew guns and said"i'm sorry for the confusion but the barreled action is BLUED". i should have let it go at that but i went by my eyes instead of believing identical sku numbers. anywho i say all this to say i don't know what to believe about this rifle but buds did finally ship a new replacement rifle,once again blued action, albeit the box looked like it went thru hell to get here. the gun shoots like any other tikka i've had putting (3) 150 bt's into 1/2"@100 yds.
good luck,
Big Ed

"Only accurate rifles are interesting"
Col. Townsend Whelen
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Yeah Ed, The stainless question was of great concern to me and the reason I called Sports South before i bought mine as I bought the rifle for my rainy day hunting rig....mine will also shoot .5" with My handloads but if i found out it was not indeed stainless id sell it 😁....Sellers need to clarify that these rifles are either coated stainless or blued, if they are indeed blued they are charging a stainless price for em...The Sportsmans rifles are $749, the same as the stainless closeout models with bead blast finish ....Enjoy your most excellent rifle 👍......Hb

F
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
F
Just bought my grandson a left hand superlite in 6,5 CM at Sportsmans. I wanted to get him the 7-08 which is the same caliber that his mother shoots but they were no longer available. It still showed on their website but sold out. Now it doesn't even appear on the site.

I don't see any left handed rifles in the new model.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Does anyone happen to know if the 300 Win Mag or 7mm Rem mag Tikkas have a larger barrel contour than the standard caliber versions?

The first great thing is to find yourself and for that you need solitude and contemplation. I can tell you deliverance will not come from the rushing noisy centers of civilization. It will come from the lonely places. Fridtjof Nansen
IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by ChetAF
Does anyone happen to know if the 300 Win Mag or 7mm Rem mag Tikkas have a larger barrel contour than the standard caliber versions?

I don't believe so but don't hold me to that.

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by Bigvalleyboy
It is a blued superlite. Just talked to a buddy of mine who is a rep for Tikka. They are coming out with some other superlites in 2020 as well but I was sworn to secrecy for now. LOL

Will the rest of the lineup be unveiled at the SHOT show?

I think these might be some of em

https://www.impactguns.com/bolt-act...t-veil-alpine-3rd-082442924632-jrtxva316

https://www.impactguns.com/rifles/t...veil-wideland-3rd-082442924663-jrtxvw318

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Saw one, blue .270 for $452 is that a steal?

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
Saw one, blue .270 for $452 is that a steal?

Mike

Yes, I'd say good price. My buddy picked up a stainless one for $500 used. I picked up a 6.5 stainless one for $500 used.
Look around sometimes someone wants to move their .270.

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
My 7mm Rem Mag barrel is longer but same contour as my 7mm-08.

T3, not T3x.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
My 7mm Rem Mag barrel is longer but same contour as my 7mm-08.

T3, not T3x.

P

as pharm said you gain 2" of barrel length but no girth. all are between a #1 and #2 barrel profile. the varmint is a heavier profile but doesn't usually come in as many chamberings.
Big Ed

"Only accurate rifles are interesting"
Col. Townsend Whelen
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Hopefully they will "Fix" there fuggged up twist rates!

A 300 win mag with an 8 twist barrel would be nice!

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

160 members (338reddog, 308xray, 2ndwind, 240NMC, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 24 invisible), 1,717 guests, and 1,084 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,717
Posts18,457,106
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.