Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Damn, ouch. Got my second shingles vaccine and since I was there, got a pneumonia vaccine in the other arm. Shots never bother me, but damn those hurt and I felt lousy all day. Got the shots yesterday. Sucks getting old

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I got two pneumonia vaccines on Friday morning.
The wife asked if I could a shingles vaccine the same day.
The vaccine RN said that the shingles vaccine is a nasty one, and don't do it on the same day.

Now it is 4.5 days later and my arm is still sore.

The problem is I was sick for the first 36 hours.

I hate to imagine being twice as sick.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yup, the shingles shot is a humdinger. Gotta get my second one soon.

On the other hand, shingles, REALLY sucks.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I skipped the gym today. It was a good excuse. Feverish and achy.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

Italian Proverb

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I got the shingles vaccine last year and the first shot made my lymph nodes swell in my neck on the side I got the shot on.I felt very uncomfortable for about four or five days.I got the second one a couple of months later and it didn't bother me at all.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
IC B2

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I guess I need to get off my ass and get them!

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I ran fever for about 24 hours after both shingles shots, arm hurt for a couple days. Never had a flu or pneumonia shot.
Ronnie

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
First shingles shot wasn't too bad. The second shot made me sore. I don't normally get a flu shot but I got the pneumonia vaccine.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I had a spat of shingles 2 years ago. The rash was nothing. Feeling like I got slammed in the back of the neck with a baseball bat every morning was something else. Got my yearly VA check up in a few weeks, will see about getting the shingles vaccine as I have been putting it off too long.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
Damn, ouch. Got my second shingles vaccine and since I was there, got a pneumonia vaccine in the other arm. Shots never bother me, but damn those hurt and I felt lousy all day. Got the shots yesterday. Sucks getting old

It's probably just your body reacting to the micro chip in that vaccine you got.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr

It's probably just your body reacting to the micro chip in that vaccine you got.

LOL!

I forgot to wear my tinfoil hat!

dogzapper

Italian Proverb

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
The pneumonia shot did’t bother me and neither did the first shingles shot but the second shingles shot hit pretty hard and made me feel $hitty for a day or so and my arm was sore/tender for about a week. The first shingles shot affected my wife kinda like the second one affected me but the second didn’t bother her so go figure.

My wife had shingles about ten years ago and her bout with it convinced me that I didn’t want anything to do with an outbreak.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hanco
I guess I need to get off my ass and get them!

Do it tomorrow hanco!

dogzapper

Italian Proverb

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Had my first shingles shot in November. Sore arm for over a week, but had a hard time sleeping the night after the shot. I was awake half the night shivering.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Is the shingles vaccine a one and your done deal or is it yearly?

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The shingles is two,You get one,then around two months later you get the second one.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Shingles can pop up anywhere on your body.I know a guy who got it on his neck and inside his ear.It affected him in a bad way.It made him dizzy along with the pain and after five years he still has issues with his equilibrium.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Three of my friends have had shingles recently. Two of them required trips to the hospital. We're all over 70, so this is serious stuff.

I had the shingles shot several years ago (not the more recent two shot version), had the pneumonia shot a while back, and haven't had a flu shot in several years. I asked my G.P. about the flu shot, and was told they didn't have the version for "old people" in stock, go to your pharmacy for that one. Well, I don't have faith in one of the young slackers at my pharmacy giving me an injection, so that's a no-go.

Last year I got some kind of bug and ended up in the E.R. of my local hospital with dehydration after puking and pooping out most of what's inside me. The bottom line is the bug I caught wasn't the flu bug. My nurse told me that several of the hospital staff members had the same thing. My G.P. said this year there are several flu bugs going around and that the flu vaccine might not be the one you need.

NRA Endowment Life Member, G.O.A supporter
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by baldhunter
Shingles can pop up anywhere on your body.I know a guy who got it on his neck and inside his ear.It affected him in a bad way.It made him dizzy along with the pain and after five years he still has issues with his equilibrium.

have a friend that got shingles on his face and in his left eye, now he's 90% blind in that eye, all he can see is shadows

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have a couple of friends who had shingles. Bad and sad deal. Prompted me to get my shots a year ago. I had no reaction from either shot.

Last edited by BlueDuck; 01/15/20.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 60 invisible), 2,749 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,365
Posts18,469,052
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.