Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by ingwe
Brian..I think the judge OUGHT to give you style points for the scope bite...

Yeah, I was in an awkward position leaning forward with my left arm on the shooting rail (I'm left handed) and shooting to my right. Obviously the stock wasn't against my shoulder. When I pulled the trigger, the stock slipped under my arm pit. That'll make me hold on to the damned thing next time I shoot it.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
BP-B2

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
Originally Posted by ingwe
Brian..I think the judge OUGHT to give you style points for the scope bite...

Yeah, I was in an awkward position leaning forward with my left arm on the shooting rail (I'm left handed) and shooting to my right. Obviously the stock wasn't against my shoulder. When I pulled the trigger, the stock slipped under my arm pit. That'll make me hold on to the damned thing next time I shoot it.

Had a good friend in college shooting a .300 Win for whitetails...saw a dink poking its head around a bush and shot it. Got scope bit bad...once he cleaned the tears and blood out of his eyes he looked through the scope to check on the dink...it was still standing there looking at him! So he shot again! You guessed it..one dink piled on top of another...

He coulda won with that double too...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va
Well, since the Dink-a-Thon has went way off track, I kept the spirit going....I know, two wrongs don't make a right.

I did find out one thing. A Sierra 165 HPBT Gameking will precipitate the need for a hernia mesh.

My latest entry;

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Man Vic, a little too far back, eh? At least you found him and he didn't run a mile. Nice buck.

I was worried about that. that is the exit, and when I opened him up, all the abdominal organs were intact, just the diaphragm was screwed up.

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Alright, here's my real entry. This is the best I can do, but still a loser. 75 yards through the woods, thought it was a doe. If it had been a couple of days later, he would have been a winner. The bucks generally lose their horns the first or second week of January, and as you can see, he already lost one side.

Thomson Center Encore 12 ga. 3" Beneke Magnum Crush 1 1/2 oz. 1620fps
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Close up.

Junk.

Bribe. Sorry, it's best I can do. Don't have any of that high octane stuff around.

Maybe I can style points for losing control of my gun. Damn thing got me good and drew blood. Got a little bit of a black eye.

You lost at the crap beer bribe

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Alright, here's my real entry. This is the best I can do, but still a loser. 75 yards through the woods, thought it was a doe. If it had been a couple of days later, he would have been a winner. The bucks generally lose their horns the first or second week of January, and as you can see, he already lost one side.

Thomson Center Encore 12 ga. 3" Beneke Magnum Crush 1 1/2 oz. 1620fps

Close up.

Junk.

Bribe. Sorry, it's best I can do. Don't have any of that high octane stuff around.

Maybe I can style points for losing control of my gun. Damn thing got me good and drew blood. Got a little bit of a black eye.

You lost at the crap beer bribe

cry

OK, I'll have to do better. How about a 30 pack of Busch Light, a bottle of MD 20-20, and a half of a bottle of flat champagne left over from New Year's Eve? laugh

Ronald Reagan
IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
This has been a dismal display of dinkery this season...Friday last day of Dinkathon get your entries in

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I'll be out there tomorrow. A guy at work wants a deer if I can shoot one. So, if it's brown, it's down. If all I can get is a dink, so be it. The problem is that they're all bunched up in big herds now. So either ya see a bunch, or nothing at all. I just need them inside of 35 yards.

Last edited by StoneCutter; 01/30/20.

Ronald Reagan
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Bocajnala
Sorry for the suspense gentlemen.

Last Saturday my wife drew a women's hunt on a military base here in Ohio. She was allowed a buck and a antlerless or two antlerless. I was allowed two antlerless.

They gave you a spot to hunt and you had to stay there. So success largely depended on where you were placed. Some couples got a buck and all three antlerless. Others saw none all day.

We didn't see anything until about 11oclock. When a little doe came through the brush in front of us. Unable to make a shot, we were discouraged as we just weren't seeing many deer like I had in years past hunting there.

At 11:50 a little one came out and I pointed it out to my wife and she began to get set up for the shot. She hit a tree directly in front of the deer but the deer just stood there staring. She worked the slide on her Mossberg 20ga and somehow jammed it up with her glove. I attempted to unjam her glove and she told me to shoot the deer, so I did.

Bonus points for stealing it from my wife?

This monster dressed out right at 40lbs. Although I don't have a scale picture unfortunately.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Last is a picture of a buck shot in the next unit over. To be successful at dinking you have to be willing to work hard, be persistent, and pass sub par bucks like that.

-Jake

Congrats to Bocajnala he is the 2019 Dinkathon champion the rest of you had a miserable display of dinkery this season!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That's a dandy Ohio dink !! 1st time there was a shotgun/slug winner. When Pooh-bah was running it----it cost me points for using an 870 with slugs. I also hunt Ohio with my brother down in Guernsey County.

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Congratulations to Bocajnala. That was the best Dink this year by far. I liked the fact that you stole it from your wife.

Update: I did go out on the last day. I was only in the tree for about 20 minutes when about 10 does came out of the thick stuff directly towards me. Shot a big, fat, old monster doe. She was only about 20 feet from the base of my tree. The guy at work that I gave it to was too ill to deal with the whole deer. So my son skinned it and quartered it out for him. He said that was the biggest damn deer he's cut up in long time. I bet that bitch was over 160 lbs. It's nice to close out the season with a harvest.

Ronald Reagan
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
697 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 160user, 79 invisible), 2,935 guests, and 1,360 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,681
Posts18,399,678
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.