Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Pelosi has named 7 Dems to manage the prosecution. What's that all about? What power do they have in the senate? They need to be locked out of the senate during proceedings.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Wednesday announced the seven lawmakers who will serve as the House managers to prosecute the case against President Trump in his Senate impeachment trial, which is expected to begin in earnest next week.

The House managers include House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, D-Calif., who will be the lead manager and who led much of the impeachment inquiry out of his committee with dramatic hearings to develop the case against the president and House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., whose panel drafted the articles of impeachment.

Pelosi also tapped House Democratic Caucus Chairman Hakeem Jeffries, D-N.Y.; Rep. Jason Crow, D-Colo.; Val Demings, D-Fla.; Sylvia Garcia, D-Texas; and Zoe Lofgren, D-Calif.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What's a 'house impeachment manager'?

The most biased, ignorant, communist, lyin' POS's they can find.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I could be wrong, but I think the Republicans send their own managers also. Not sure.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The House Mangers are akin to the "prosecutors" in a real court of law.

They present the evidence and call witnesses.

The President selects his own defense team, I don't think the Republicans select a defense team or managers, that is up to the accused. The Senate is The Jury, not the Defense.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So, now we will have at least another month of nonstop 24/7 coverage of Nadler, Schiff, etc etc, I am SOOO tired of this chit.

[Linked Image]
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jnyork
So, now we will have at least another month of nonstop 24/7 coverage of Nadler, Schiff, etc etc, I am SOOO tired of this chit.

The silver lining is that the Commiecrat senators running for POTUS absolutely cannot campaign when this is in front of the senate.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by steve4102
The House Mangers are akin to the "prosecutors" in a real court of law.

They present the evidence and call witnesses.

The President selects his own defense team, I don't think the Republicans select a defense team or managers, that is up to the accused. The Senate is The Jury, not the Defense.

Yeah, I was just reading about that, and I believe you are correct.

Ronald Reagan
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
A Jackass

Affordable Sportfishing Charters and Cruises out of Noank CT - https://www.rowdygirlcharters.com/
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They need to get that lying pos Schiff on the stand and tear him a new one.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr

I wonder if they can call him as a witness if he's one of the managers. I hope so.

Ronald Reagan
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr

Never happen!

The Republicans are not innocent in this Coup.

Putting Schiff on the stand would put a schit ton of Republican in the Coup/Corruption spot light as well. They will never allow someone like Schiff that knows where all the bodies are buried to testify under oath.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Stock market - all time high

China - about to sign an agreement on trade

UN-employment - best ever

Pelosi - sends over Articles of impeachment

Last nights debate - got to be the most boring ever...

DEMs - it must suck to be in this position, with that clown-car of candidates vying for a spot in November....

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Putting a pathological liar like Schitt "under oath" would have no effect. The scumbag wouldn't recognize the truth if it walked up and beeyotch-slapped him!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Putting a pathological liar like Schitt "under oath" would have no effect. The scumbag wouldn't recognize the truth if it walked up and beeyotch-slapped him!
Jerry

Sworn or not, IMHO Schiff-for-brains is going to be presented with some uncomfortable questions................... and will ending up looking like an azzhat....

Nadler will likely have another 'family emergency' .............

Last edited by muffin; 01/15/20.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

House managers are the equivalent of prosecutors in a trial. Remember this is not a true legal trial.

President picks his own choices to be the defense.

To the question about about R "managers". In theory (though not reality) this is not a party thing. This is the House accusing then trying the case with the Senate acting as jury and the SC justice as the judge.

In reality the House sent all D's, which is their right, but destroys the "non partisan" aspect that is supposed to be in place for an impeachment.

If, and that's a big IF at this point, there are witnesses, both sides get to call them and question them. It is still unknown how this will play out, the Senate basically sets the rules. Assuming they go with the same rules as Clinton impeachment went under, there are two steps, either can end it:

1) House and President both lay out their cases summarizing things and the house documentation is reviewed. The Senate then can vote to move to the next phase or acquit. To map this to a trial, this is discovery to see if there's any basis for the charges.

2) If the vote on #1 is to move to a true trial phase, then off we go for weeks.

This is an interesting timing since ALL Senators have to be in their seats, which means those running for election are off the campaign trail for the duration. This basically gives Biden solo attention on the campaign.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

The most biased, ignorant, communist, lyin' POS's they can find.

Ding ding ding !

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
seven of the stupidest scumbags to ever do nothing but suck on the public teat.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
It looks to me like another attempt to usurp the senate's constitutional SOLE authority to try the case. The house should hand over their papers and get the hell out of it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Democrats are hell bent on destroying this country. They're not only out to impeach the duly elected President of the United States on suppositions and lies, they're actively telling 60 million US citizens that your vote doesn't matter and you better shut up and obey your betters.

Sick and tired of the corruption in our government. If Barr doesn't send people to prison over this ongoing coup attempt this country toast. Maybe it already is.

Man, I need to go fishing more and enjoy life. Not a damned thing we can do to stop this.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I hope they make Nadless stand in front of the camera.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 007FJ, 60 invisible), 2,458 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,544
Posts18,453,376
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.