Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
300MAG Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I have used nothing but Jewell triggers in my custom rifles and never had any issues. Hearing a lot about TriggerTech these days...whats the scoop??

I am interested in the TriggerTech Special and Diamond triggers.

BP-B2

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I haven’t used the Jewel but I can tell you the Triggertech Diamonds are awesome. I can’t imagine wishing for better.

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes the TT are that good. AND the price is right too.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I have a half dozen jewels and one Trigger Tech special I just bought for a 700 Ti. I am very impressed with the Trigger Tech. I haven’t talked to anyone who disliked one after trying it, but like a lot of other things triggers are a personal thing. They are in the same league, you are probably going to have to try one to see what you think.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
300MAG Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Good info...I appreciate it guys!!

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I go against the grain and still prefer the pull of a properly tuned Jewell. That said, the TriggerTech pull is still very good and is a safer, more reliable design. For a hunting rig there no reason to not go with Triggertech.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by ctsmith
I go against the grain and still prefer the pull of a properly tuned Jewell. That said, the TriggerTech pull is still very good and is a safer, more reliable design. For a hunting rig there no reason to not go with Triggertech.

Kind of what my thinking was. My plan from here on out was to keep Jewells on my varmint Rigs and Triggertech on my big game rifles.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ctsmith

Clint,

Which model of TT are you referring to?

300MAG Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I am considering the Diamond version...its pricey!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For a hunting rifle I sure like the TirggerTechs. I'm down to only 1 Jewell which will soon be replaced by a TT. For me anyway I much prefer the trigger shoe width on the TT, the Jewell has always seemed kind of thin to me.

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I love my Triggertech primary. Couldn’t recommend something more highly.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
The Diamonds have no equal. That’s compared to Jewels, Hubers, Bix&Andys, Calvin Elites, standard Timneys, Rifle Basix, etc etc. Wish they’d hurry up and get the 2 stages out....

The Primarys are very solid as well.

Last edited by joshf303; 01/15/20.
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I know everyone loves Jewell triggers. I personally have had only one, on a Surgeon 7STW. I only shot factory ammo and never had any ammo problems. After 60 or so rounds the trigger died. I called Jewell. Guy who answered only spoke Spanish. I speak Spanish but wanted a second guy who spoke English in case conversation got complicated. I returned it to Jewell for repair. It had broken a lever inside. I waited a long time for return and finally called again. They had lost the trigger in the shop, finally found it, and were now going to work on it. A week or two later they called back for $75 payment for repair. They said the only way the lever could have broken was if I had blown a case, and the back pressure had broken the trigger lever, and it would cost me. No such thing had happened. Obviously no warranty for a faulty product. True story and I swear to it. I love Triggertech. Also very good experience with Timney and Shilen.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've heard sand/dirt and Jewell's don't get along too well. Anybody experienced problems due to that??

I had 6 or 7 at one time mounted on rifles, and only have one left.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smy1
I know everyone loves Jewell triggers. I personally have had only one, on a Surgeon 7STW. I only shot factory ammo and never had any ammo problems. After 60 or so rounds the trigger died. I called Jewell. Guy who answered only spoke Spanish. I speak Spanish but wanted a second guy who spoke English in case conversation got complicated. I returned it to Jewell for repair. It had broken a lever inside. I waited a long time for return and finally called again. They had lost the trigger in the shop, finally found it, and were now going to work on it. A week or two later they called back for $75 payment for repair. They said the only way the lever could have broken was if I had blown a case, and the back pressure had broken the trigger lever, and it would cost me. No such thing had happened. Obviously no warranty for a faulty product. True story and I swear to it. I love Triggertech. Also very good experience with Timney and Shilen.

That does suck. Did you buy it new??

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
yes

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I've had both;The Jewell feels like it has creep to me when adjusted over a pound. The TriggerTechs are very crisp. I also have always been concerned with popping a primer with the Jewell as they are fragile triggers. The TriggerTechs are priced right and are frictionless. The CLKR feature in adjusting pull weight makes it pretty fool proof. Each click of the pull weight adjustment screw is about ~1 oz. on the Primary.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Two Trigger Tech Specials and so far so good. Really like them. No experience with Jewell.
rookie

NRA Life member

"You can't fix stupid"
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I have one Jewell and three Trigge rtech's I do not have a Diamond and personally for me don't see a need for it. The Primary and Specials are great.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
I have been very happy with the Trigger Tech Specials.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
669 members (1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 74 invisible), 2,938 guests, and 1,437 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,672
Posts18,399,514
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.