Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
Our county (Putnam) voted today to be a second amendment county, the first in our state. My wife told me Frederick county, VA has been offered to become part of WV.
https://www.winchesterstar.com/winc...25e8f7d-80a4-569e-81e9-57eec8f7feb4.html

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
GB1

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Hutchinson county Texas just passed a similar resolution Monday !

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
Our county (Putnam) voted today to be a second amendment county, the first in our state. My wife told me Frederick county, VA has been offered to become part of WV.

If things keep going like they are, West Virginia could probably annex every county west of the Blueridge with little push back.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

If things keep going like they are, West Virginia could probably annex every county west of the Blueridge with little push back.
Originally Posted by joetex
Hutchinson county Texas just passed a similar resolution Monday !

Every county in the country should be doing so preemptively.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
here is my concern

I don't see any legitimacy in a sanctuary city for illegals. I think its against the law and should not be supported.

but if you recognize that a county or city can be a sanctuary city for 2A, then it lends legitimacy for the immigration sanctuary cities.

Now I recognize they are different in comparison, I also recognize its happening already with illegals

but instead of declaring sanctuary as designating an area safe, I think we would be better served on recognizing that as gun owners we don't need sanctuary anywhere.

The constitution is on our side - and we must demand freedom across all of America, not sanctuary in parts like we have to hide in the shadows. I would have hope Trump got in on this by now.

just my .02

Last edited by KFWA; 01/14/20.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
In studying the Irish and Michael Collins it occurred to me that righteous defiance must find its footing in a specific place, at a specific time among a specific people.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

West Virginia is one of the best kept secrets of the eastern seaboard.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I saw this today. Not sure how it will play out though.

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Gotta wonder if/what could happen if county commissions start voting to secede to W.V.

Assuming W.V. would take them (couldn't imagine why they wouldn't), King Ralph & his band of Merry Goons will start rounding up county commissioners and charging them with sedition.

While it sounds unlikely, any county leaving for W.V. would hit Richmond in the wallet. The left takes that very seriously, and, remember, even with a "good" conservative government, all taxes are, in the end, collected at gunpoint.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Robert_White

Mother's from Red Creek, went to Harman high, family cemetery at Job. Dad's from Fort Seybert, family cemetery at Dale Hill, place way back in history that was known as Wizard's clip. We're 30 min from the state line, If absolutely forced to we'll buy a place there and keep my business here, til the communists are voted out.

I think Cashisking bought a place in WVa too.

IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
The article about Frederick county states the county was invited to join us 158 years ago. I had never heard that.
KFWA, I see your point abut legitimacy but if the libs go after the pro-second amendment sanctuary claim they'll kill theirs. It's kind of a catch 22. The anti-gun move in VA isn't going the way Bloomberg planned IMHO.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
KFWA, I see your point abut legitimacy but if the libs go after the pro-second amendment sanctuary claim they'll kill theirs. It's kind of a catch 22. The anti-gun move in VA isn't going the way Bloomberg planned IMHO. [/quote]

I think this was kinda what started the 2A sanctuary city/county thing. It was intended to show how ridiculous sanctuary city resolutions are when immigration is involved. Instead the left doubled down and so now they are forced to deal with 2A sanctuary resolutions. Personally I don't think either have any legal validity.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Our county passed a resolution to become a Second Amendment Sanctuary county as well. There was a roll call vote which forced at least one mealy mouthed magistrate to stop straddling the fence and commit.

The issue I have is that it was only a "resolution" which means nothing. I would have preferred an "ordinance" which would have forced compliance by local constabulary. Fully aware that an ordinance would have had potential legal challenges regarding overriding or superseding state of federal law.

Happy to have the resolution. Would have preferred the ordinance...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Robert_White

Yup. Moved here from the Peoples Republic of Maryland thirty years ago in March.

Shoulda moved a bit farther fom the VA line it seems.

What fresh Hell is this?
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Our Country had a meeting on this last night. Like 150 people showed up in support. Usual meetings bring in 3-4 people.

The County Commissioners definitely got the point that those who attended were in favor.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Petitions going around our county, and others here.
Lots of interest I'm told. Stopping a a friends business
to add my name, wife needs to also.

I'm certain our Demonrat Governor would love to jump
in with Virginia. Legislature won't play that game, yet!

Maybe if enough counties pass these resolutions, they will
get the hint.

Or not.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 45_100

I think this was kinda what started the 2A sanctuary city/county thing. It was intended to show how ridiculous sanctuary city resolutions are when immigration is involved. Instead the left doubled down and so now they are forced to deal with 2A sanctuary resolutions. Personally I don't think either have any legal validity.
Laws that violate the second amendment are what have no validity. None whatsoever. "Shall NOT be INFRINGED" ain't that hard to understand and there aren't any if's, and's or but's in it. The second amendment sanctuaries are making an effort to adhere to the bill of rights. The lawmakers are clearly violating it and have been for a looong time.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by KFWA
here is my concern

I don't see any legitimacy in a sanctuary city for illegals. I think its against the law and should not be supported.

but if you recognize that a county or city can be a sanctuary city for 2A, then it lends legitimacy for the immigration sanctuary cities.

Now I recognize they are different in comparison, I also recognize its happening already with illegals

but instead of declaring sanctuary as designating an area safe, I think we would be better served on recognizing that as gun owners we don't need sanctuary anywhere.

The constitution is on our side - and we must demand freedom across all of America, not sanctuary in parts like we have to hide in the shadows. I would have hope Trump got in on this by now.

just my .02

Mmmm, no.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

135 members (10Glocks, 44mc, 7x57Hunter, 7887mm08, 808outdoors, Akhutr, 13 invisible), 1,763 guests, and 757 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,693
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.