Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
An update to the story. Back in the beginning of November MRC agreed to return the gun and refund my money. They said they just need led to work with the dealer to figure out the logistics of it. After about a dozen calls since then, they are now only willing to give me credit towards something else. My dealer has agreed to take the credit and issue me a full refund, but needless to say I will never buy another fun from them. Keep in mind this was after they fired the guy who failed to call everyone with an XAR on order to see if they still wanted it after changing the specs as he was directed. I honestly hope that company goes out of business as an example of how not to treat your customers.

BP-B2

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by ammoman16
An update to the story. Back in the beginning of November MRC agreed to return the gun and refund my money. They said they just need led to work with the dealer to figure out the logistics of it. After about a dozen calls since then, they are now only willing to give me credit towards something else. My dealer has agreed to take the credit and issue me a full refund, but needless to say I will never buy another fun from them. Keep in mind this was after they fired the guy who failed to call everyone with an XAR on order to see if they still wanted it after changing the specs as he was directed. I honestly hope that company goes out of business as an example of how not to treat your customers.

Unbelievable...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tells you a lot about MRC. Cooper or custom via Shooter71 would both work I suppose.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Thanks for the update. I purchased 3 or 4 MRC rifles in the past. I'll never buy another.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
So, they tie up a customer's time and money for a year then even back out on a resolution to a problem. A merchandise credit would have to be at least double to make it even somewhat reasonable.
What a failure in so many ways.
Tells you all the customer service improvement promises were just lies. Maybe the company name is just jinxed.

Either way, they will lose plenty of potential business from this and past screw ups.

IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
MRC has always had issues no one believes it till it happens to them! Rather buy a Ruger if its not right Ruger will correct the issue.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
I blasted them on facebook this afternoon and laid out the whole story in a review. It wasn't maybe 30 minutes to an hour until they responded and asked me to contact them via email to work out a resolution. I basically told them I'm not wasting my time since my dealer agreed to fix the situation.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I would have told them I'd take down the bad review if the gun was free. Other than that, it stays.
It would sell just fine on Gunbroker.

A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by KenMi
I would have told them I'd take down the bad review if the gun was free. Other than that, it stays.
It would sell just fine on Gunbroker.

That's about the only way of want anything else from them at this point.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Pretty piss poor showing by MRC CS. Yet again...

I love that style of action, and the LH options they offer, but they'll never see a dime from me. I'm not a gambling man. wink

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've seen more well-shot game lost with TSXs than any other premium bullet.

IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
I think it's fair to say there has been no change in customer service with the change in ownership. BTW, I posted the whole story in the hunting firearms section just to make sure us lefties aren't the only ones in the know.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I commented on your thread at Facebook. Disgusting what you had to endure.

The "Robert' idiot there has to be a plant. No one could be that stupid.

Originally Posted by Orion2000

Unbelievable...

Mind boggling.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Post a link to respond please? Tried to go on Facebook to find the post but MRC seems to hide negative posts.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A

A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Try this.

https://www.facebook.com/658360588/posts/10157400749290589/?sfnsn=mo
Originally Posted by broomd
I commented on your thread at Facebook. Disgusting what you had to endure.

The "Robert' idiot there has to be a plant. No one could be that stupid.

Originally Posted by Orion2000

Unbelievable...

Mind boggling.

You'd sure like to think there's no way somebody can be that dumb.

A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
I now can't post on FB for 24 hours because he keeps reporting all my posts. He's literally reporting me for using the words idiot, moron and snowflake.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah he's a real piece of work, It wasn't easy to not call him an a$$hole.

A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
I didn't even say anything bad. I've never heard of anyone being reported for calling someone an idiot. He was on there bragging about how he got me put on Facebook jail. I didn't know it, but apparently when it's your review being responded to you have the ability to delete comments. Every single one of his is now gone. I'm sure he'll have a temper tantrum over that too.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, I gave up with him, waste of time. He says we're both whiners now. laugh Hopefully folks will get the point though with MRC and what happened. Surely there were others that got duped with the ascent rifle scam --RH and LH.....

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Last I knew, there was a very gently used, Cooper .308 Win at Big Buck Sport Shop (Wexford, PA).
I don't know which model. Very nice wood on it.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
107 members (405joe, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 444Matt, 16 invisible), 1,356 guests, and 669 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,588
Posts18,397,856
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.