-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Moved from Canada to the US last year. When I went in to get a US driver's license, the license lady in her office told me flat out that I could not get a WA State driver's license.

I replied that I am a US citizen with a passport, registered to vote in that county, who has never let his WA State residency lapse. Tough. None of that counts, she said. If I was homeless or undocumented alien, then I could get a license. I said, “OK, I'm homeless.” She replied that she already knew that I wasn't so would not issue me a license.

She wanted a telephone bill or something proving my street address. We had just started a house sitting arraignment with all bills in the owner's name till we move into our place. She told me to contact British Columbia Driver's license department and have them change my address from BC to a WA street address. I said, “You want me to ask your counterpart in Canada to do what you won't.” She laughed and said, “Yes.” She is a nice gal, just red tape bound.

A woman in the BC driver's license office laughed hugely and said, “We will change your address to anywhere in BC, but will not issue a BC driver's license with an address on it outside of BC, whether that is in Canada, US or anywhere else.”

Back to the woman at the WA driver's license office. She came up with a solution. She told me to get an insurance company to give me a quote for car insurance on their letterhead stationery addressed to me at a street address. A friend at a car insurance place had his secretary do that in minutes. Voila! With that heavy duty, impossible-to-forge security document I magically became entitled to get a driver's license. The driver's license office is in the next town, 35 miles round trip, and only took me three weeks to get. Downright easy compared to Medicare...

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hows our last commander n chief going to get a star with just a certificate of live birth?

Certified birth certificate issued by a state of the United States. ("State" includes the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, Guam, American Samoa, or the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.) It must be a certified copy and have the stamp or raised seal of the issuing authority. A hospital-issued certificate is not acceptable. A certified birth certificate issued by Puerto Rico must be certified as being issued on or after July 1, 2010. (Not accepted: plastic or credit card-style birth certificates, birth records, registration of birth or hospital-issued certificates.)

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Well mine is coming up and eye doc is not sure I will be able to drive again

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (10Glocks, 1234, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 160user, 56 invisible), 1,978 guests, and 1,074 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,187
Posts18,465,760
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.