Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Fact are facts, and wasn’t a guess.

Sorry you were unable to work out your problem. However; I’m not surprised I didn’t with mine.

laissez les bons temps rouler
GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by ammoman16
I received a call from someone at MRC yesterday apologizing for the situation. I was told that they are working with the dealer to make sure everyone is made whole in this fiasco. He also apologized for the troll on Facebook and assured me that he was in no way affiliated with MRC. Just thought I'd share this in the interest of full disclosure.

Better late than never, but ...

Originally Posted by SockPuppet
At least now we know what it takes for them to get off their azz and do the right thing....

Yes we do. Far, far more than it should.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by battue

Sorry you were unable to work out your problem. However; I’m not surprised I didn’t with mine.

Lots of people weren't able to work it with them, so they are liars or unenlightened?

Funny how you can NEVER understand how anyone can have a problem with something you haven't.

Leupold good, if you ever had a problem, you're the problem.

MRC good, if you ever had a problem, you're the problem.

Cock good, if you ever had a problem, you're the problem.

Last edited by ScottBrad; 01/18/20.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
If I may paraphrase you. And I will....

Don't get all upset about someone liking MRC. If you don't fine, but that sure doesn't mean everyone doesn't.

Pretty simple but the concept seems to bother the overly emotional types.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ammoman16
Originally Posted by Pappy348
I agree that only a refund is an acceptable solution for you. Anything else is only good for them. They took your money and didn't deliver what they promised. Why should you accept anything else?

That's my thoughts exactly. I had a guy ripping into my Facebook review because my dealer took care of me so I should have no gripe with MRC. MRC doesn't get credit for my dealer doing the right thing. They were only looking out for themselves. If I used a [bleep] dealer I'd still be in a bad spot.

I looked for your Facebook Review and couldn't find it. Can you give me a link?

Edit: I found it.

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 01/19/20.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Reading reviews here and across the net, this is not at all uncommon behavior from MRC. That's why a few months ago when I was looking for a nice hunting rifle in 6.5 PRC I went with a Christensen Arms Mesa. That despite the fact that conceptually I liked the MRC better.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Good morning,

Again, only adding my experience with them. Had an issue with a screw on the bolt. Called them, got transferred to some guy who was nice, and he said send it back (The entire rifle. Can’t remember if they did or did not pay for shipping. May have been on me.)

Did so, and in a couple weeks had it back fixed. Called them back to give them a heads up and a thanks. Fellow again showed acceptable customer relationship skills, and gave me the glad your happy and we appreciate your business routine. Done.

My experience. Added to the thread in that context. Based on that, I’d buy another. You decided not to based on the experience of others. I get that also.

Addition: Going in I knew I was going to be getting a heavy rifle. Being familiar with the Model 70 clone action and the pics of the barrel contour, it was a given....However, after having a .338Fed Kimber, I wanted heavier....

Last edited by battue; 01/19/20.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Based on this, I'd buy another also....It hangs around and inch at 100 and plus more often than not....

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Last edited by battue; 01/19/20.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by hanco
Word of mouth will make or break you. Looks like they are going the break route!

An unhappy customer will cry a hundred times as loud as a happy one.

I have no dog in the fight.. but I've always said, ( being involved in sales)...

A happy customer will tell 10 or so of his friends about a product...

an unhappy one will tell anyone who will listen.....

too many companies and so called "executives" just don't get the fact, that the best thing about any product
is the company backing it up....

the best product under the sun, is going to suffer in sales, if their customer service and back up sucks..

doesn't matter what the product is...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by hanco
Word of mouth will make or break you. Looks like they are going the break route!

An unhappy customer will cry a hundred times as loud as a happy one.

I have no dog in the fight.. but I've always said, ( being involved in sales)...

A happy customer will tell 10 or so of his friends about a product...

an unhappy one will tell anyone who will listen.....

too many companies and so called "executives" just don't get the fact, that the best thing about any product
is the company backing it up....

the best product under the sun, is going to suffer in sales, if their customer service and back up sucks..

doesn't matter what the product is...

You think I made 10 plus with this post? Fact is, the dye has set. For the most part it will mean little....

IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Reading reviews here and across the net, this is not at all uncommon behavior from MRC. That's why a few months ago when I was looking for a nice hunting rifle in 6.5 PRC I went with a Christensen Arms Mesa. That despite the fact that conceptually I liked the MRC better.

I'm with you. I've got a couple of the Mesas, but for whatever reason just prefer a CRF action all else being equal. That said, the Mesa is probably one of the best values you can find. You couldn't build a gun with all the features it has for the price they sell them for.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We (Cheyenne SW) clearenced them out (from 1399 to 999.99) Nobody wants one. Hopefully, we never get them again.

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Dang very sorry to hear of your difficulty here!

I’ve eyed a .338 RUM from them on multiple occasions this puts an end to that fantasy.

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I took them off my list years ago.
This isn’t first time I’ve heard (read) horror stories.
Sorry bro. Hope it gets straightened out

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Weren't they sold a year or two ago to someone who was supposed to turn MRC around? It's a shame they can't get it together. They have the potential to churn out some really nice stuff

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Shedhorn is a quality outfit. Good on them for taking care of you. I get in there often.

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
Yeah, I’m out! Won’t be buying their products.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Based on this, I'd buy another also....It hangs around and inch at 100 and plus more often than not....

That seems like fairly run of the mill accuracy for rifles these days. For the cost and headaches I’d expect something better in the accuracy department.

Last edited by Tannhauser; 01/20/20.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I agree, but it will work for everything I’m going to use it for.
In addition it was the first load I tried and said that will work. And in the field it will. It isn’t a PDog rifle.

Addition 2: Two of those groups were with a 3x scope. Maybe it could do better with more xxxx’s. You use a 3x at all?

Neither the cost or the headache was a big deal on my end. Others obviously see it differently and I can see the reason.
I wanted a .338fed heavier than the Kimber it replaced, and it fills that requirement very well.

Last edited by battue; 01/20/20.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I bought one of the campfire special .260s, from Whittaker's, and had a minor problem with feeding. I sent it to them and had pretty good communications, and prompt service and return.

The Mag box didn't fit quite square in the mag well and they diagnosed it, fixed it and returned it in about 8 weeks.

I thought they should have picked up shipping both ways, but I had to pay to ship it to them.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

405 members (1minute, 1moredeer, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 44 invisible), 2,387 guests, and 1,159 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,167
Posts18,465,325
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.