Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Man in this day and age you would thing they would be smarter than that... Sad to hear...if it was me I would have refunded all your money, gotten the rife back and then sold it with the actual specs and swallowed the minor loss vs. my reputation....

I have one of their guns that I bought used. A guy in Michigan had them build a barreled action in .350 RM and then he had his smith bed it into a B&C stock for a moose or bear hunt in Alaska. He liked Alaska so much he ended up moving there...and sold the rifle on GB for the price of the action to finance building a .358 Norma Mag....why I have no clue...with the longer box I load to the .350 RM Long specs and get 2700 fps with a 250. Rifle is good for .75 MOA and feeds perfectly....

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It is painfully moronic of MRC to let crap like this happen. How many potential buyers other than myself eschew their product because of their treatment of customers like the OP. The net is littered with similar accounts. Fotis was a dealer. He happily dumped them. Whittaker got deep into the X2s. It doesn't look like they are bringing in any X3s. Just plain damn dumb on MRC's part.

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 01/21/20.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by johnw
I bought one of the campfire special .260s, from Whittaker's, and had a minor problem with feeding. I sent it to them and had pretty good communications, and prompt service and return.

The Mag box didn't fit quite square in the mag well and they diagnosed it, fixed it and returned it in about 8 weeks.

I thought they should have picked up shipping both ways, but I had to pay to ship it to them.

I bought a used Ruger mini 14 and it fell in a serial number range that Ruger asked all to be returned to them to “proof” the steel. I believe it was the receiver . Anyway, I paid the shipping to them and never thought twice. They returned it on their dime. Point being , I believe this is pretty common practice for the customer to pickup the shipping one way. I don’t necessarily agree with it but stating facts. However, I have heard of some companies picking up shipping both ways for example Barrett.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by johnw
I bought one of the campfire special .260s, from Whittaker's, and had a minor problem with feeding. I sent it to them and had pretty good communications, and prompt service and return.

The Mag box didn't fit quite square in the mag well and they diagnosed it, fixed it and returned it in about 8 weeks.

I thought they should have picked up shipping both ways, but I had to pay to ship it to them.

I bought a used Ruger mini 14 and it fell in a serial number range that Ruger asked all to be returned to them to “proof” the steel. I believe it was the receiver . Anyway, I paid the shipping to them and never thought twice. They returned it on their dime. Point being , I believe this is pretty common practice for the customer to pickup the shipping one way. I don’t necessarily agree with it but stating facts. However, I have heard of some companies picking up shipping both ways for example Barrett.

Ruger picked up the tab both ways on the two I have had to send back.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I bought a lefty X2 a few years ago. I had problems with it feeding and extracting from the start and eventually had them turn it into another caliber. It still has some reliability issues with picking a round up off the floorplate. It looks like it's probably a simple fix, but I gave up on sending it to MRC to fix it and will probably tinker with it myself.

Truth be told, it's a good feeling gun that has decent accuracy and I don't regret the purchase, but I wish I took the approach below. As a lefty, I appreciate that they offer them in calibers the others don't and I really like their action.

I've said this before, if you want a MRC rifle, do the following:

Buy one of their actions
Buy some quality lightweight bottom metal
Buy a shilen barrel
Buy a McMillan edge stock
Find a local gunsmith that can turn them into exactly what you want.

I hate for us to dog MRC and run them off. They probably need to go back to how they started and provide semi-finished actions only.

Last edited by gsganzer; 01/21/20.
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
After the new owners were onboard for awhile and were promising much better customer service; I sent them an email requesting turnaround time to receive one of their actions. Never heard back.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Over on the Sportsmans Warehouse site, the MRC ASRs all on sale for $999.97......Gonna be interesting to see if Sportsman Whse continues carrying MRC rifles in lieu of the issues going on at MRC......

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
I heard from one dealer that they are most likely dropping MRC because of all the problems they've had dealing with them.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Sent an inquiry about sending in an XWR that is misbehaving and got this:

”John Davis,

Thank you for contacting Montana Rifle Company through our Customer Support form. We have received your email and will be reviewing it shortly. Please allow up to three business days to receive a response.

If you don't receive a response within three business days, please email us directly at servicemontanarifleco.com or by responding to this email so we can make it right.

Your concern is important to us, and we appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us. Thank you for choosing our rifles!

Sincerely,
the team at Montana Rifle Company”

Later, got this:

“ Mr. Davis,

Currently the factory is closed for the holidays, when we return our Product Service Manager will be in Touch.

Thanks,

Montana Rifle Company”

That was in the 10th. Haven’t hear from them since...

John

Last edited by Hondo64d; 01/22/20.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Any company can have problems. The question is why aren't they dealing with them? Just don't get it; it's suicidal.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I wish they’d get their crap together. They have potential, but not with things going as they are. I’d have bought a X3 by now if it weren’t for the quantity of bad reviews out there.

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Curious how this is going to play out

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Wasn't it recently announced that MRC is out of business, or going out?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Last word was they filed for bankruptcy.

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes
Hence why I’m curious as the OP started this months back

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

359 members (160user, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 32 invisible), 1,580 guests, and 993 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,225
Posts18,447,665
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.