Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Let me start by stating that I really want to like the company, but they do everything in their power to make that impossible. This story has been laid out in the left forum, but I thought I'd share here to make sure it didn't get missed. I know their customer service has been discussed in the past. Below is a copy of a review I left for them that tells the whole story. I apologize for the length, but bear with me.

I ordered an Xtreme Ascent Rifle from MRC as soon as they were announced in Jan 2019. I was told at that time it would be about an 8-10 month lead time. Over the summer I noticed that they removed the rifle from their website. I had to call them about a problem I was having with a different rifle, and while I had them on the phone I asked about it. The rep didn't get into specifics but told me they had stopped offering the rifle, bit they were honoring all existing orders. A few months later I received a call from my dealer that my rifle had come in so I went and picked it up. Something didn't seem right about it, so I put it on a scale and it weight approximately 6 lbs 13 oz. This gun was advertised as a mountain rifle with a weight of 5 lbs 10 oz. ( I still have the brochure) and I had to pay a premium ($300) over an X3 for that weight savings. The X3 is advertised as about a pound more than the XAR and my X3 weighs about 1-2 oz less. After weighing the gun, I called MRC (the same day I picked it up) and left a voicemail. Over the next few days I called them 4 or 5 more times and left one more voicemail without receiving a call back. Finally on one of my calls someone actually answered. I was told by the rep I spoke with that they changed the specs due to performance issues and that he would call me back with a solution later that day. After a few days with no call back and MRC not answering the phone I got in touch with my dealer. The dealer sent an email to their rep and asked him to call me. After a few more days I received a call from the rep. He confirmed what the first rep had told me about problems with he design and also told me that they basically built them to the X3 specs and that they ended up firing someone who failed to call the customers with orders to see if they still wanted the gun. This rep agreed to refund my money and said he was going to work with the dealer to figure out the logistics and get back in touch with me. After a few days of not hearing anything. I contacted the dealer, who reached out to MRC bit wasn't getting anywhere. This happened about 6 or so more times over the next 2 months before he was finally able to get somewhere. Now MRC is refusing to do a refund and wants to give me a credit towards something else, even though they don't make anything else that even resembles what I ordered. At this point i will never do business with them again. My issue is far from an isolated incident. If you spend any time at all on hunting and shooting forums you will find most reviews of their products are extremely poor, and it usually boils down to customer service. As far as I care if they went out of business tomorrow, hunters and shooters would be better off and it would just serve as a great example to other manufacturers of how not to conduct business.

Last edited by ammoman16; 01/16/20.
BP-B6

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If that's the truth, then MRC deserves to die the lingering death that is most certainly forthcoming. I too wanted to like them, but too many credible tales like this gave me pause. Glad I bought a CA Mesa instead.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Take time out to do a Google and Yelp review.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1CAKVPC_enUS649US651&sxsrf=ACYBGNQIgdaCMqYkG7dUmoI9rVbmOyiBQg:1579191613959&q=Montana+Rifle+Company&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAONgecQ4k5Fb4OWPe8JS_YyT1py8xtjByMUVnJFf7ppXkllSKeTDxQZlKXDxS3Hrp-sblqQYpxWUF2kwSPFyIQtIKShx8VYJ7ZMR_WD1cbeWEGfqNTO7Rf5pwYJps6M73054P19Jx0hh16Vp59ikBI992ilrcDDAQYpBiZOTgYGhwe3vAnstJg6Gpn0rDrGxcDAKMPAsYhX1zc8rScxLVAjKTMtJVXDOzy1IzKsEAIyjoOq3AAAA&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjsrLqZw4jnAhVSWq0KHdf6DzcQ6RMwIXoECAwQBA&biw=1093&bih=513

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Too bad. I like the actions, but considering this and other similar tales, I'd just buy a Hawkeye or M70, hunt up a CZ 550, or another FN.

What fresh Hell is this?
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Take time out to do a Google and Yelp Review.

I Ieft them reviews on Google and Facebook. They replied to my Facebook review within an hour asking me to email them to work out a solution. My dealer has already agreed to make the situation right, so unless they are willing to give me the gun I ordered i don't really have anything to talk to them about. I've already made probably over 25 phone calls and given them nearly 3 months to come to a resolution and they wanted nothing to do with it until they were called out publicly. Plus I was told that there top decision maker was digging his heels in on only offering a credit. Just not worth putting any more effort in at this point.

Last edited by ammoman16; 01/16/20.
IC B2

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Word of mouth will make or break you. Looks like they are going the break route!

An unhappy customer will cry a hundred times as loud as a happy one.

Last edited by hanco; 01/16/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I agree that only a refund is an acceptable solution for you. Anything else is only good for them. They took your money and didn't deliver what they promised. Why should you accept anything else?

What fresh Hell is this?
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by hanco
Word of mouth will make or break you. Looks like they are going the break route!

I couldn't agree more. At this point I'm over it since my dealer is making me whole, I just don't want to see anyone else get burned by them. It would seem that the hopes that their customer service improving with the change in ownership have been misguided.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Too bad. I like the actions, but considering this and other similar tales, I'd just buy a Hawkeye or M70, hunt up a CZ 550, or another FN.

I concur.
I like the looks and feels of their rifles, but just can’t do it.

A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
I agree that only a refund is an acceptable solution for you. Anything else is only good for them. They took your money and didn't deliver what they promised. Why should you accept anything else?

That's my thoughts exactly. I had a guy ripping into my Facebook review because my dealer took care of me so I should have no gripe with MRC. MRC doesn't get credit for my dealer doing the right thing. They were only looking out for themselves. If I used a [bleep] dealer I'd still be in a bad spot.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's a damned shame. Thanks for sharing your experience and saving others the heartburn. There are too many other great companies to waste one's time/money on MRC if this is how they do business.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Wow! That is some chitty CS!....What did your dealer do to make up for MRC's pitiful service?......Hb

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I bouught an X2 a few years ago and got the same run around. Sold it at a loss. If I decide to buy a heavy rifle with a gritty feeling action I'll just buy another Ruger!

A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
Wow! That is some chitty CS!....What did your dealer do to make up for MRC's pitiful service?......Hb

The dealer is taking the credit MRC offered me and is giving me a refund.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Maybe that is one of the reasons Jeff Sipe went to work for Nosler?...........

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
If you guys are up for some interesting reading look at the replies to the review on Facebook.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ammoman16
If you guys are up for some interesting reading look at the replies to the review on Facebook.

LOL. Someone is either special needs, or a MRC sock puppet.

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've seen more well-shot game lost with TSXs than any other premium bullet.

A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Wrongside

LOL. Someone is either special needs, or a MRC sock puppet.

No kidding. I'm getting a lot of entertainment from it though.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Switch
I bouught an X2 a few years ago and got the same run around. Sold it at a loss.

If I decide to buy a heavy rifle with a gritty feeling action I'll just buy another Ruger!

laugh laugh laugh

I have another response to the OP but I'll let this one drift first.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
You ordered an XAR model, but instead they ship you an X3 model. That's already pretty schittie, but then they refuse to give you a refund for their F-up. How can MRC possibly think this is going to go well for them?

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V

Excellent! You have a very good dealer most dealers would have left you on your own on this one .......Hb

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I had toyed with the idea of the xr3 in prc. You have completely broken me of any such desires.

A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
I had toyed with the idea of the xr3 in prc. You have completely broken me of any such desires.

I'm glad I could help. That exact gun in a LH configuration would have probably been my next purchase.

A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A

Excellent! You have a very good dealer most dealers would have left you on your own on this one .......Hb

Agreed. That's why I go to them. They're an hour away but worth the drive.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
KUDOS ! SALUTE ! & YE HAW for your dealer !!!
He needs some GOOD publicity!

ATST I agree with Pappy.

MRC deserves the appropriate publicity for this kind of stuff.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I'd rather live in ArKansas than deal with Montana Rifle Company, and that's saying something.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
PS: They've been promising for YEARS. [bleep] them.

A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by jwall
KUDOS ! SALUTE ! & YE HAW for your dealer !!!
He needs some GOOD publicity!

ATST I agree with Pappy.

MRC deserves the appropriate publicity for this kind of stuff.

Jerry

The dealer I use is Shedhorn Sports in Ennis, MT. If you ever get a chance to stop in there I'd highly recommend it. They keep nearly 3000 firearms in inventory at all times. Pretty impressive for being in a town of probably a couple thousand people and being an hour away from any significant population.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Shedhorn is a nice gun shop/ sporting goods store. Stopped in there this past summer.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

The dealer I use is Shedhorn Sports in Ennis, MT. If you ever get a chance to stop in there I'd highly recommend it. They keep nearly 3000 firearms in inventory at all times. Pretty impressive for being in a town of probably a couple thousand people and being an hour away from any significant population.

First off, I quoted you to REpeat the publicity and

Secondly, living in Southern Ark, it's unlikely I'll get there but it's GOOD to know.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ScottBrad
I'd rather live in ArKansas than deal with Montana Rifle Company, and that's saying something.

Dream On.

Jerry

ps: I know who you REALLY are. Remember-- I made you a promise !!!!!

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Wow, sorry your having such a hard time there ammoman16. This is one time that I am really glad that I am a member of the Fire. I had been seriously looking at the MRC stainless rifles in a left handed version since early 2019. I had my sights set on a X2 or X3 when they came out in 6.5 PRC. The stainless MRC seemed like a close match to a left hand Model 70 Winchester of which I own two right hand Model 70's in stainless that I used some back about 20 years ago. They have been safe queens for the past 12 years or so.

Over time I have read positive and negative reviews over the internet about the MRC rifles. I was really wanting to try one, but I was afraid it would be a crap shoot as far as getting a good rifle. I figured if I got a bad one and tried to send it back that it would be a nightmare. I can't understand why companies want to have a piss poor customer relationship, its everywhere you go. Last summer I was trying to get a part for an older tractor and I had the worst time trying to get some correct information and the right part. One tractor dealership ruined any chance of ever getting my business as far as buying a new tractor.

Anyway onto the MRC. I emailed MRC right before the X3 came out and inquired about if the 6.5 PRC would be available in a left hand version.

Here is what I was told by a person at MRC about the 6.5 PRC:

The X3 is a lighter version of the X2 and will take the place of the X2. It will have a lighter filler and aluminum bottom metal. This will reduce the weight of the rifle around ½ to ¾ of a pound. All other components and appearance are the same.

So your future 6.5 PRC in the X3 should come in around 6 pounds

Well I suppose I would have been really disappointed if I had ordered the X3 and expected it to weigh around 6 pounds.

NEVER GIVE UP
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by jwall
Originally Posted by ScottBrad

Dream On.

Jerry

ps: I know who you REALLY are. Remember-- I made you a promise !!!!!

Don't get all upset about someone disliking Arkansas. If you like it, fine, but that sure doesn't mean everyone has to.

Pretty simple but the concept seems to bother the overly emotional types.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Too bad they cant get it together.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
I received a call from someone at MRC yesterday apologizing for the situation. I was told that they are working with the dealer to make sure everyone is made whole in this fiasco. He also apologized for the troll on Facebook and assured me that he was in no way affiliated with MRC. Just thought I'd share this in the interest of full disclosure.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
At least now we know what it takes for them to get off their azz and do the right thing....

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I have a MRC in .338Fed. Solid rifle, a little heavy but not obnoxious and accurate. I’d buy another.

laissez les bons temps rouler
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I received a call from someone at MRC yesterday apologizing for the situation. I was told that they are working with the dealer to make sure everyone is made whole in this fiasco. He also apologized for the troll on Facebook and assured me that he was in no way affiliated with MRC. Just thought I'd share this in the interest of full disclosure.

The disappointing part is that they have lost FAR MORE $$$'s in sales, just here on 24HCF, than it would have taken to fix your situation on the front end...

In the old days, a disgruntled customer would tell 10 of his friends. In the digital age, a disgruntled customer tells 1000 of his friends... 1,300+ page views of this negative report about MRC CS in just the past 2 days...

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Not saying that is the case here, however the digital age is full of lying and those with ulterior motives when it comes to reviews and customer satisfaction. Along with those who want to be part of their perception of the in crowd.

I’ve talked with them about a problem with the rifle I have. They handled it quickly, with no hassle and courteous communication.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by battue
Not saying that is the case here, however the digital age is full of lying and those with ulterior motives when it comes to reviews and customer satisfaction. Along with those who want to be part of their perception of the in crowd.

I’ve talked with them about a problem with the rifle I have. They handled it quickly, with no hassle and courteous communication.

I had a problem with them before I could spell digital. But thanks for guessing.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Fact are facts, and wasn’t a guess.

Sorry you were unable to work out your problem. However; I’m not surprised I didn’t with mine.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

Better late than never, but ...

Originally Posted by SockPuppet
At least now we know what it takes for them to get off their azz and do the right thing....

Yes we do. Far, far more than it should.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S

Sorry you were unable to work out your problem. However; I’m not surprised I didn’t with mine.

Lots of people weren't able to work it with them, so they are liars or unenlightened?

Funny how you can NEVER understand how anyone can have a problem with something you haven't.

Leupold good, if you ever had a problem, you're the problem.

MRC good, if you ever had a problem, you're the problem.

Cock good, if you ever had a problem, you're the problem.

Last edited by ScottBrad; 01/18/20.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
If I may paraphrase you. And I will....

Don't get all upset about someone liking MRC. If you don't fine, but that sure doesn't mean everyone doesn't.

Pretty simple but the concept seems to bother the overly emotional types.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That's my thoughts exactly. I had a guy ripping into my Facebook review because my dealer took care of me so I should have no gripe with MRC. MRC doesn't get credit for my dealer doing the right thing. They were only looking out for themselves. If I used a [bleep] dealer I'd still be in a bad spot.

I looked for your Facebook Review and couldn't find it. Can you give me a link?

Edit: I found it.

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 01/19/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Reading reviews here and across the net, this is not at all uncommon behavior from MRC. That's why a few months ago when I was looking for a nice hunting rifle in 6.5 PRC I went with a Christensen Arms Mesa. That despite the fact that conceptually I liked the MRC better.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Good morning,

Again, only adding my experience with them. Had an issue with a screw on the bolt. Called them, got transferred to some guy who was nice, and he said send it back (The entire rifle. Can’t remember if they did or did not pay for shipping. May have been on me.)

Did so, and in a couple weeks had it back fixed. Called them back to give them a heads up and a thanks. Fellow again showed acceptable customer relationship skills, and gave me the glad your happy and we appreciate your business routine. Done.

My experience. Added to the thread in that context. Based on that, I’d buy another. You decided not to based on the experience of others. I get that also.

Addition: Going in I knew I was going to be getting a heavy rifle. Being familiar with the Model 70 clone action and the pics of the barrel contour, it was a given....However, after having a .338Fed Kimber, I wanted heavier....

Last edited by battue; 01/19/20.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Based on this, I'd buy another also....It hangs around and inch at 100 and plus more often than not....

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Last edited by battue; 01/19/20.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

I have no dog in the fight.. but I've always said, ( being involved in sales)...

A happy customer will tell 10 or so of his friends about a product...

an unhappy one will tell anyone who will listen.....

too many companies and so called "executives" just don't get the fact, that the best thing about any product
is the company backing it up....

the best product under the sun, is going to suffer in sales, if their customer service and back up sucks..

doesn't matter what the product is...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Seafire

I have no dog in the fight.. but I've always said, ( being involved in sales)...

A happy customer will tell 10 or so of his friends about a product...

an unhappy one will tell anyone who will listen.....

too many companies and so called "executives" just don't get the fact, that the best thing about any product
is the company backing it up....

the best product under the sun, is going to suffer in sales, if their customer service and back up sucks..

doesn't matter what the product is...

You think I made 10 plus with this post? Fact is, the dye has set. For the most part it will mean little....

A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Reading reviews here and across the net, this is not at all uncommon behavior from MRC. That's why a few months ago when I was looking for a nice hunting rifle in 6.5 PRC I went with a Christensen Arms Mesa. That despite the fact that conceptually I liked the MRC better.

I'm with you. I've got a couple of the Mesas, but for whatever reason just prefer a CRF action all else being equal. That said, the Mesa is probably one of the best values you can find. You couldn't build a gun with all the features it has for the price they sell them for.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We (Cheyenne SW) clearenced them out (from 1399 to 999.99) Nobody wants one. Hopefully, we never get them again.

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Dang very sorry to hear of your difficulty here!

I’ve eyed a .338 RUM from them on multiple occasions this puts an end to that fantasy.

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I took them off my list years ago.
This isn’t first time I’ve heard (read) horror stories.
Sorry bro. Hope it gets straightened out

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Weren't they sold a year or two ago to someone who was supposed to turn MRC around? It's a shame they can't get it together. They have the potential to churn out some really nice stuff

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Shedhorn is a quality outfit. Good on them for taking care of you. I get in there often.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Yeah, I’m out! Won’t be buying their products.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Based on this, I'd buy another also....It hangs around and inch at 100 and plus more often than not....

That seems like fairly run of the mill accuracy for rifles these days. For the cost and headaches I’d expect something better in the accuracy department.

Last edited by Tannhauser; 01/20/20.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I agree, but it will work for everything I’m going to use it for.
In addition it was the first load I tried and said that will work. And in the field it will. It isn’t a PDog rifle.

Addition 2: Two of those groups were with a 3x scope. Maybe it could do better with more xxxx’s. You use a 3x at all?

Neither the cost or the headache was a big deal on my end. Others obviously see it differently and I can see the reason.
I wanted a .338fed heavier than the Kimber it replaced, and it fills that requirement very well.

Last edited by battue; 01/20/20.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I bought one of the campfire special .260s, from Whittaker's, and had a minor problem with feeding. I sent it to them and had pretty good communications, and prompt service and return.

The Mag box didn't fit quite square in the mag well and they diagnosed it, fixed it and returned it in about 8 weeks.

I thought they should have picked up shipping both ways, but I had to pay to ship it to them.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Man in this day and age you would thing they would be smarter than that... Sad to hear...if it was me I would have refunded all your money, gotten the rife back and then sold it with the actual specs and swallowed the minor loss vs. my reputation....

I have one of their guns that I bought used. A guy in Michigan had them build a barreled action in .350 RM and then he had his smith bed it into a B&C stock for a moose or bear hunt in Alaska. He liked Alaska so much he ended up moving there...and sold the rifle on GB for the price of the action to finance building a .358 Norma Mag....why I have no clue...with the longer box I load to the .350 RM Long specs and get 2700 fps with a 250. Rifle is good for .75 MOA and feeds perfectly....

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It is painfully moronic of MRC to let crap like this happen. How many potential buyers other than myself eschew their product because of their treatment of customers like the OP. The net is littered with similar accounts. Fotis was a dealer. He happily dumped them. Whittaker got deep into the X2s. It doesn't look like they are bringing in any X3s. Just plain damn dumb on MRC's part.

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 01/21/20.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by johnw
I bought one of the campfire special .260s, from Whittaker's, and had a minor problem with feeding. I sent it to them and had pretty good communications, and prompt service and return.

The Mag box didn't fit quite square in the mag well and they diagnosed it, fixed it and returned it in about 8 weeks.

I thought they should have picked up shipping both ways, but I had to pay to ship it to them.

I bought a used Ruger mini 14 and it fell in a serial number range that Ruger asked all to be returned to them to “proof” the steel. I believe it was the receiver . Anyway, I paid the shipping to them and never thought twice. They returned it on their dime. Point being , I believe this is pretty common practice for the customer to pickup the shipping one way. I don’t necessarily agree with it but stating facts. However, I have heard of some companies picking up shipping both ways for example Barrett.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by johnw

I bought a used Ruger mini 14 and it fell in a serial number range that Ruger asked all to be returned to them to “proof” the steel. I believe it was the receiver . Anyway, I paid the shipping to them and never thought twice. They returned it on their dime. Point being , I believe this is pretty common practice for the customer to pickup the shipping one way. I don’t necessarily agree with it but stating facts. However, I have heard of some companies picking up shipping both ways for example Barrett.

Ruger picked up the tab both ways on the two I have had to send back.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I bought a lefty X2 a few years ago. I had problems with it feeding and extracting from the start and eventually had them turn it into another caliber. It still has some reliability issues with picking a round up off the floorplate. It looks like it's probably a simple fix, but I gave up on sending it to MRC to fix it and will probably tinker with it myself.

Truth be told, it's a good feeling gun that has decent accuracy and I don't regret the purchase, but I wish I took the approach below. As a lefty, I appreciate that they offer them in calibers the others don't and I really like their action.

I've said this before, if you want a MRC rifle, do the following:

Buy one of their actions
Buy some quality lightweight bottom metal
Buy a shilen barrel
Buy a McMillan edge stock
Find a local gunsmith that can turn them into exactly what you want.

I hate for us to dog MRC and run them off. They probably need to go back to how they started and provide semi-finished actions only.

Last edited by gsganzer; 01/21/20.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
After the new owners were onboard for awhile and were promising much better customer service; I sent them an email requesting turnaround time to receive one of their actions. Never heard back.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Over on the Sportsmans Warehouse site, the MRC ASRs all on sale for $999.97......Gonna be interesting to see if Sportsman Whse continues carrying MRC rifles in lieu of the issues going on at MRC......

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
I heard from one dealer that they are most likely dropping MRC because of all the problems they've had dealing with them.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Sent an inquiry about sending in an XWR that is misbehaving and got this:

”John Davis,

Thank you for contacting Montana Rifle Company through our Customer Support form. We have received your email and will be reviewing it shortly. Please allow up to three business days to receive a response.

If you don't receive a response within three business days, please email us directly at servicemontanarifleco.com or by responding to this email so we can make it right.

Your concern is important to us, and we appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us. Thank you for choosing our rifles!

Sincerely,
the team at Montana Rifle Company”

Later, got this:

“ Mr. Davis,

Currently the factory is closed for the holidays, when we return our Product Service Manager will be in Touch.

Thanks,

Montana Rifle Company”

That was in the 10th. Haven’t hear from them since...

John

Last edited by Hondo64d; 01/22/20.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Any company can have problems. The question is why aren't they dealing with them? Just don't get it; it's suicidal.

What fresh Hell is this?
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I wish they’d get their crap together. They have potential, but not with things going as they are. I’d have bought a X3 by now if it weren’t for the quantity of bad reviews out there.

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Curious how this is going to play out

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Wasn't it recently announced that MRC is out of business, or going out?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Last word was they filed for bankruptcy.

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes
Hence why I’m curious as the OP started this months back

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
356 members (007FJ, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 160user, 12344mag, 34 invisible), 2,234 guests, and 950 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,731
Posts18,400,859
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.