Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
model 70 guys: I'm in need of a working rifle stock for my pre-64 .375. I'm headed to Kodiak with my son this spring. I bought my .375 with a non-factory custom stock. I'd like to find a stock, either from a .300 or .375 H&H HI-comb that I could use on this hunt. I'd actually prefer one that already had a pad added cause I want to put a Delcelerator pad on it. Condition is not important as long as its structurally OK as this will be a hunt that could be tough on the stock. I will re-finish if necessary. I do have a similar stock for a featherweight that I could offer as trade. It has a non-original pad on it as well. If any of you has such a stock setting around and would consider letting it go or trading for mine let me know. thanks much guys.

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
You don't need an H&H stock. Any standard will work; you just need to remove between 1/8" -1/4" of that little shelf in the front of the magazine. All I have is a Fwt stock laying around as well.

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Check the classifides, I believe there was a 8mm-338 wildcat there for sale, matybe we could split it, you the stock.....

+Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
jkob: looked for that 8mm338 on classifieds: can't find it. When did you see it?

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
pre64win.com

Trump Won!
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have one from a 300 H&H. It does not have a pad on it though. I'd have to look at it again, but it has either a plastic or metal butt plate, I just can't remember which. All original, structurally sound, although the wood is pretty dark from some type of oil I put on it in my younger years. Now that I think about it, I think I might have a couple other unaltered ones laying around also. Let me know if you're interested.

I'm headed out ice fishing this afternoon and won't be back until Tuesday. There's a chance I might have some service tonight, but that would be about the last time until Tuesday. I will check my PM's this evening and try to get back to you.

Last edited by troutslayer; 01/16/20.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

John Wayne
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Theres always ebay too. My question is whats wrong with the "custom" stock? Too nice to hunt, or you just want to hunt with a more original looking rifle?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have a after market stock that I would let go pretty cheap if you do not find one from someone else.
It is plain with no checkering, and has a old hard recoil pad on it. It does also have a small crack on the left side at the top of the action cut out.
No way that I can see that it would compromise the integrity of the stock, but it is there, and would be easily repaired.
Just putting it out there if you fail to find one elsewhere.

Byron

Edited to add that it is off a 1951 standard 30-06.

Last edited by byron; 01/16/20.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have a Brown Precision Pounder, might not be what you are looking for though

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
bsa: I guess its a little of both. The custom isn't bad at all, but certainly not top-end: but yes, putting an original on it seems rather neat, especially such a classic as a .375 for a brown bear hunt.

IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by ruffedgrouse
bsa: I guess its a little of both. The custom isn't bad at all, but certainly not top-end: but yes, putting an original on it seems rather neat, especially such a classic as a .375 for a brown bear hunt.

Sounds cool man. If i had an original, id offer it up, but all i have is a like new fwt stock and an old weatherby style custom stock. Neither of which sounds like something you could use. Good luck with your search. The stock you are looking for can be found with a little searching. Ebay has a few stocks right now that may work.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by bt8897
I have a Brown Precision Pounder, might not be what you are looking for though

I love the poundR on my 338wm.

BSA MAGA

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

130 members (44mc, 280ACKIMP, 7887mm08, 35, 6mmCreedmoor, 338rcm, 14 invisible), 1,274 guests, and 819 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,223
Posts18,447,513
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.