Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
***Please make a sticky***

All:

Here are the details for this years Savagefest.

The time and location of the event will be as follows.

12PM May 29 to 12PM May 31.

Delta County Chamber of Commerce
1001 North Lincoln Road
Escanaba, MI 49829
(906) 786-2192

What is really good about this location is that the new Marble Arms Museum is located in the same building. So if you like Marbles stuff, this place is for you. Also, overnight security of our displays will be provided by an actual local sheriff deputy. This is a brand new building that is very roomy and secure.

Coordinating Instructions.

All are welcome, but please register with me BEFORE the event. RSVP by 21 May please. There is plenty of room inside this building. You can pull up your truck or trailer right up to the doors of the event. I need to know that you are coming, how many in your party, and how many 8 foot tables and chairs that you will need. There will be worthwhile prizes for the best displays. Please contact me via PM or by my email, sierpien1030yahoo.com. This event is for preregistered people only. It is not open for the local general public.

There is a commercial airport in Escanaba called the Delta County Airport (ESC). Delta Airlines comes in twice a day during the week and once a day on the weekends. There is also an Enterprise Rent a Car located in the terminal.

For lodging, I recommend you contact the Chamber of Commerce with the number provided above. Some of you might want to just come in for a few days, and some of you were talking about coming out for a week and staying on Little Bay De Noc. In conclusion, make reservations based on your own personal needs. Most places in town are very reasonable. We have chains and independent lodging. You can rent a cabin right on Little Bay De Noc if you want.

The fishing on Little Bay De Noc is generally excellent this time of year for both walleye and smallmouth bass. Little Bay is known for the location of the giant walleye. I caught a 31 inch 10.5 pound walleye last year at this time. If 4-6 of you want to get together either before or after a day at the Fest, and do a 4 hour fishing charter out in the Bay, contact the Chamber to get recommendations. It is a lot of fun. If you like to trout fish, there are numerous outstanding rivers to catch them in. In conclusion, bring your boat or waders if you have them.

Within 10 minutes of our location, there is a shooting range that we can utilize. It has 25, 50 and 100 yard targets. Also a pistol range.

I will have snacks and drinks at the event for both days. I am not sure what we are going to do for dinners yet, but we will figure something out. The cost of the event will be a donation. Give what you can. It will be safe and secure, and a lot of fun.

In conclusion, the Upper Peninsula is a really beautiful place. I consider it a real sportsman's paradise. Don't pass up the opportunity to see some really beautiful country as well as some great Savages. If you need any other info, or have other questions not answered above, please send me a PM or email. I will get you in the right direction.

See you there!

Jeff

GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Thanks Jeff, I'm in. I'll get you an official RSVP soon. That is the week end of my 37th anniversary.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I will do my best to be there, too!

Brian

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by JoeMartin
Thanks Jeff, I'm in. I'll get you an official RSVP soon. That is the week end of my 37th anniversary.

I'm guessin' a 38th won't be in the cards. laugh

Last edited by eaglemountainman; 01/17/20.

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by eaglemountainman
Originally Posted by JoeMartin

I'm guessin' a 38th isn't gonna be in the cards. laugh

She said I could go. Been retired 3 years now, she's seen enough of me that she can remember what I look like if I'm gone a few days.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Im not going to be able to make it. Just too much going on at that time and the weeks to follow. Im sure everyone will have a blast and looking forward to seeing pics. Have fun guys. I will see some of you in August.

Joe

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I will be there. Provided all this snow we got is gone by then...
Will PM as we get closer about wild game and fish I can bring to help feed the group.

Bruce
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Savageupnorth
I will be there. Provided all this snow we got is gone by then...
Will PM as we get closer about wild game and fish I can bring to help feed the group.

Bruce, Can you poke John A. so he's aware?

Pencil me in as well. smile

"Every day above ground is a good day."
RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
All:

I am getting a lot of positive responses, which is awesome. I will continue to update, but all the important details are set.

If you cannot make it, but want to donate an item as a door prize or “best display” prize, please contact me via email or PM. You will be recognized for your donation, unless you don’t want to be.

It’s going to be a great time.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Looks like I'll be making it. I will probably add a day or two to the front or back end in order to do some fly fishing. Will send an RSVP as time nears closer. Can anyone personally recommend any motels in the area in close proximity to some trout waters with public access?

I'll be driving from Florida, but if there's anything needed that I might be able to supply, don't hesitate to ask. Tim

IC B3

RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Eagle,

I know a guy locally who works for the Department of Natural Resources (DNR) that deals specifically with trout fishing in this area. I will PM you a number that you can call him and will be able to discuss what you’re looking to do. I used him when I first got here with excellent results. I caught a pile of brookies.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
TTT.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Did you know..... the U.P. Steam & Gas Engine Association Museum is right next door to Savage Fest and the Marbles Museum?! 20 steps.
U.P. Steam & Gas Museum

There's a logging museum over in Newberry too. On yer way. Tahquamenon Logging Museum
The first cutting of boreal forest around here was ~1880-1900. Second cutting was ~1920-30. Mining was next...

"Every day above ground is a good day."
RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
This is also less than an hour away....

You will never forget this.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Years ago when i was driving across the UP i was listening to the radio ,and they were having a logging competition at the museum. One of the contests was a chainsaw throwing competition!!!! grin I know some days in the woods i could have won it !!!!! It is a beautiful area with lots of things to see. I doubt i could make it to the fest tho. blush smile

RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
One more thing....

On the same weekend as the SavageFest, there will be a classic car show and car parade in town. Lots of really cool rides will be there. A few will be for sale as well so watch your wallets.

Win a 1971 Nova!

https://www.krusinklassics.net/

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Does the show include hotrods? I've been having trouble getting excited about flying there with no guns but that show just might be enough to push me over the edge and bring the hotrod and the guns.

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
David,

Think so, but call the Chamber of Commerce with the number in original post to be sure.

The parade in town had a bunch of nice cars last year.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I sent the club an email. If that doesn't work I'll try the CofC

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Bark River knives are located in Escanaba also. A trip to their retail store is on my list.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (1badf350, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10ring1, 160user, 59 invisible), 2,137 guests, and 1,172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,106
Posts18,464,235
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.