-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
just got the 300 blk pistol put together. tested it with some 150 bt loads without sights by just sighting down the rail at a beer keg 30 yards away. 5 rounds in a 4 inch group.
tomorrow it gets a fastfire 3 on top. I think this is going to be fun.
put it together just to see if i'd like the pistol.
Anderson upper and lower receivers. to cheap on sale to pass
radical firearms 10.5 pistol length gas barrel.
radical firearms charging handle
expo gas tube
a gas block I had in a drawer
Spike's Tactical AR-15 Battle Trigger
Magpul MOE-K2 Pistol Grip - Black
unknown hand guard I had in a drawer.
buffer tube and buffer from drawer.
a side charge bcg I had laying around.
cmc lower parts kit

total 325.00
think it will be lots of fun and a great truck/car/atv gun for not much money if I can keep myself from upgrading the heck out or it.
might be nice to put a laser on. grin already thinking of dressing.
have another lower, any thoughts on a different chambering?

Last edited by deerstalker; 01/16/20.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Blackout's are only cool if they are subsonic and suppressed.

It has a brace I assume or no?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
has a rubber donut on the extension . I guess that's a brace. an virgin as far as ar pistols and the bling that goes on them.
if'n I don't like the 300 its just a barrel swap so I will just play with it. we have 3 feet of snow here now Travis so I just needed a project.
the brake was the hole in the operation as I forgot to add one to my order. had the one on it laying in the bottom of a file cabinet drawer in the garage. never throw anything away! grin
[Linked Image]

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Get a brace for sure.

They're legal.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/101904714

Massive/essential upgrade.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by deerstalker
has a rubber donut on the extension . I guess that's a brace. an virgin as far as ar pistols and the bling that goes on them.
if'n I don't like the 300 its just a barrel swap so I will just play with it. we have 3 feet of snow here now Travis so I just needed a project.
the brake was the hole in the operation as I forgot to add one to my order. had the one on it laying in the bottom of a file cabinet drawer in the garage. never throw anything away! grin

I recommend pulling the rubber/foam thing off and getting a brace of some sort. Anything intended for a pistol buffer tube (different than carbine or rifle buffer tubes, the pistol tube is a larger OD) should fit. On the cheap end, something like a KAK Shockwave brace works well. The Shockwave 2 looks like an improvement but I haven't used it. There are a bunch of others to choose from as well, prices range anywhere from ~$40 to $200+.

IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by deflave
Get a brace for sure.

They're legal.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/101904714

Massive/essential upgrade.

Definitely a brace.

I've got an SBA3 and it is pretty nice in that it uses a standard carbine extension tube, and has quick length adjustment similar to most carbine buttstocks.

I see Magpul has a couple braces in the pipeline now, due out this summer. They will both be compatible with the carbine extension tube, and easily adjustable length as well.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
when 3 people I consider most knowledgeable about ar's in general say a brace I guess its in stone. got one ordered.
just shot it with the fastfire 3 off hand at 35 yards. 6x8 gong rang everytime. now I need to find a harness.
this is going to be my dog protection from wolves. I thought it would be unwieldly but it feels natural. for me 2/3rds of being a usable gun is if it feels natural

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Here's some visuals of the SBA3,

collapsed,
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

extended,

rear view,

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
very nice. 50th anniversary coming up on the 29th , maybe I can get the bride to buy me one of those!
what makes that different from a rifle adjustable stock? legally speaking.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The butt stock is a flexible rubber and not that solid.

If one was to put something in that hollow spot it would then be illegal.

It don't make much sense to me ether.

IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by deerstalker
very nice. 50th anniversary coming up on the 29th , maybe I can get the bride to buy me one of those!
what makes that different from a rifle adjustable stock? legally speaking.

Legally speaking, it's a brace because it is primarily intended to give additional support for one handed shooting. Also it has a max LOP of 12.5", typically shorter than a buttstock. Those are the legalities I'm aware of.

The Magpul braces that are coming out look kind of interesting in that they have the stiff rear 'fin' like a KAK, but the quick adjustability in length like the SBA3/4. Seems like the best attributes of both.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
like most laws/regulations we aren't supposed to be able to understand the nuances.
I hope winter goes by fast. if not I will be broke playing with these. just put a cmc 1stage in the other lower I put together last night. haven't shot it yet with that installed. hope it doesn't snow again tonight so I can play instead of plow.
pistol 2.0
[Linked Image]

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 64 invisible), 2,542 guests, and 1,136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,315
Posts18,468,381
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.