Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Went in the SuperDuperMega Walmart in Winchester, VA with the China Doll to buy some art supplies, and wandered over to the sporting goods section. Lo and Behold, they had some CCI primers, bullets by Nosler, Speer, and Sierra, and a few sets of RCBS dies. Haven't seen that since I was in one in Morgantown about 2003 (that one had a lot more stuff and powder as well). Prices on the bullets looked pretty good, actually (not that I need any!).

Was going to buy a box of 20ga 6's, but there was no one at the counter, and even after two employees called for help, none showed up. Everyone was at lunch I suppose, so Midway got some more business.

What fresh Hell is this?
GB1

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
The one in Sweetwater, TX has some reloading supplies as well. Was a pleasant surprise.

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Sweetwater is a nice town

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Las Vegas WM too, last time I was there.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A good number of the Walmarts in my area have had a small reloading section for at least a dozen years. They are about $1.00/box cheaper than any other place I've found on the .223 53g V-Max. And I don't have to wait on shipping. That being said, selection overall is pretty limited and around here only the Walmarts in the higher population areas bother to carry the reloading supplies at all. Small town Walmarts don't seem to bother with it.

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear
IC B2

G
G
Would think the other way around would be better, Wally's in the smaller towns likely would have more demand for the reloading componets. But what do I know???

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Pappy348
...Was going to buy a box of 20ga 6's, but there was no one at the counter, and even after two employees called for help, none showed up. Everyone was at lunch I suppose, so Midway got some more business.

In my neck of the woods, the Wallyworld sporting goods section is full of bicycles and fishing rods. That's great, if you're looking for a bike or wanna go fishing. There isn't much else. They had some ammunition and hunting knives at one Wallymart I went to. I cannot speak for across the country, but the ones I've been in up here have precious little.

You couldn't find a clerk. We can't find cartridges. smile Yay Midway!

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Paul39

Paul

This one in Fallon doesn't even have toilet paper. It has to be THE Worst Walmart in existence.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I haven’t been in a Walmart in years!

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hanco

Then where do you go to look at fat broads on power scooters?

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Our local Wal-Mart in Helena has a fairly decent reloading section, along with other shooting stuff. I've purchased quite a few boxes of compoment bullets there. But then, in Montana the farm/ranch supply stores also can have reloading/shooting sections.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The local Walmart had Carbide Pistol Dies for $25 on closeout the other day. Worth a look if you need pistol dies.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by Paul39

Paul

This one in Fallon doesn't even have toilet paper. It has to be THE Worst Walmart in existence.

I guarantee you that the Bozeman MT Wal Mart is in contention. I have been in many and it is the worst by a long shot. Never been in the one in Fallon though.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Ha! People at out Walmart can’t even spell CCI. Let alone know what primers are used for.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Hmm. They even stock primers at the Helena Walmart!

Or at least they did the last time I looked, which was during the Great Obama Shortage.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Walmart in Medicine Hat AB carries ammo. Most recently, they are carrying a decent selection of Hornady in addition to the usual Winchester, Remington and Federal stuff.
No reloading stuff or firearms but I'll take the increased selection of ammo as a good start. I went out of my way to mention this to the manager.

Our Canadian Tire (CT) carries a good selection of ammo, rifles/shotguns and reloading supplies, but, the department manager there is one of us.
The LGS of course carries a great selection of stuff but CT carries some brands hew doesn't. It is an interesting mix of places to buy stuff.
Jeff

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

😂 😂😂😂

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
nearest Wal Mart to me just started stocking Speer bullets

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by WAM

😂 😂😂😂

[Linked Image from i.kym-cdn.com]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I too haven't been to a Walmart in years, maybe decades. I'm not much of a shopper/consumer, plus they did a pretty good job of keeping Walmart out of our town and I would have to drive 15 miles to get to one so why bother. I haven't bought a box of factory CF ammo of any flavor in at least a decade. I buy powder/primers from a local mom&pop gun shop, and what few non-cast bullets I buy is via mailorder as are the .22RF's I prefer to shoot.

The town 90 miles away that I hang out in on weekends has a population of 40,000 and has two Walmarts. I don't understand that.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

140 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 007FJ, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 13 invisible), 1,462 guests, and 833 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,577
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.