Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
284LUVR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
For the last few days I've been having dreams of a huge pan of enchiladas all rolled up waitng for me to dive in. Problem is tho' is I've never made the sauce and the canned stuff needs to be doctored up to even come close to being goods eats.

Internet is full of recipes but it would be more fun if you guys came up with one for me ???? grin grin laugh

Let'er rip !!!!! and be quick about it 'cause I'm hungry and this leftover pizza for breakfast is almost gone.

GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
HOT peppers, a little tomato paste, more HOT peppers. laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
This area is not known for anything other than great beef......and hamburger casserole.

Kent Rollins has a recipe that I would love to try. But my family thinks that Maple syrup is too spicy.

I am MAGA.
284LUVR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
......and hamburger casserole.

Kent Rollins has a recipe that I would love to try.

Haha

Hamburger helper through the week and one of Kent's concoctions on Sunday.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Good eats !!!!! laugh

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
This is chili weather if there ever was. Beef roast today, a ham loaf waiting. [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
https://kentrollins.com/homemade-cowboy-enchiladas/

This one?

Homemade Enchiladas
Ingredients
1 lb. hamburger meat
1 yellow onion chopped (divided)
1 4 oz. can chopped green chiles
salt and pepper to taste
12 dried guajillo chiles
3 teaspoons minced garlic divided
3 8 oz cans tomato sauce
1 ½ teaspoons chile powder
1 teaspoon cumin
2 teaspoons ancho chile powder
1/3 cup chicken broth
8 flour tortillas
3 - 4 cups shredded cheese
Instructions
In a cast iron skillet, begin browning the meat over medium heat. When the meat begins to brown, stir in ½ the yellow onion and green chiles. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Continue cooking until the meat is cooked through. Set aside.
In a pot, add the guajillo chiles with ½ cup water, the remaining ½ yellow onion and 1 teaspoon garlic. Simmer over medium heat until the peppers soften slightly.
Remove the onions and peppers from the pot. Remove the stems and the seeds from the chiles. Chop and place the onions and chiles in a blender. Stir in the tomato sauce, 2 teaspoons garlic, chile powder, cumin and ancho chile. Salt and pepper, to taste. Blend until smooth.
Pour the mixture back into the pot. Add the chicken broth and simmer on medium-low for a couple minutes, stirring occasionally.
Spread a light, even layer of the sauce on the bottom of a 12” Dutch oven or large casserole dish.
Spoon the meat mixture onto the tortillas, sprinkle with cheese and tightly roll. Place in the Dutch oven and repeat with the remaining meat, cheese and tortillas.
Spoon the remaining sauce over the enchiladas. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 25 minutes or until tortillas soften. Sprinkle an even amount of cheese on top and continue baking until melted.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Honestly get a good two cans of red enchilada sauce and jar of Doña Maria mole. Mix couple spoonfuls of mole into heated enchilada sauce till medium thick adjust to taste. Maybe a little chicken stock if too thick.

Mix some of the sauce into your shredded meat. I like to add diced onions and sometimes chopped Anaheim chiles to meat.

Heat corn tortillas in damp towel in microwave till soft. Dip tortilla into sauce with tongs drip off excess, roll meat and shredded jack cheese into roll, put into casserole pan.

Fill pan up, pour sauce over top to cover completely, put shredded jack cheese on top toss into oven 325 till hot and bubbly bout 15-30min depending on how thick your sauce DONT DRY OUT.

Also try Doña Maria Adobo or Pipian mole.

Not Good enough for you?

Heres two from scratch balls to the wall recipes the wife has made and uses just adjusts to her liking. Read through comments for adjustments before trying.

https://www.rickbayless.com/recipe/chicken-enchiladas-in-brick-red-mole/

https://www.salsas.com/dona-maria/recipe/chicken-mole-enchiladas/

Wife's enchiladas and Spanish rice she uses cheddar and Oaxacan cheese as well as jack and Cotija.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
284LUVR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Sounds easy there friend Fats. Found the ingredients @ WM. com so I'm waiting for email confirmation. Looks like Tues is earliest pickup.

Gracias

Originally Posted by FatCity67
Honestly get a good two cans of red enchilada sauce and jar of Doña Maria mole. Mix couple spoonfuls of mole into heated enchilada sauce till medium thick adjust to taste. Maybe a little chicken stock if too thick.

Mix some of the sauce into your shredded meat. I like to add diced onions and sometimes chopped Anaheim chiles to meat.

Heat corn tortillas in damp towel in microwave till soft. Dip tortilla into sauce with tongs drip off excess, roll meat and shredded jack cheese into roll, put into casserole pan.

Fill pan up, pour sauce over top to cover completely, put shredded jack cheese on top toss into oven 325 till hot and bubbly bout 15-30min depending on how thick your sauce DONT DRY OUT.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
lemme know if you have questions. We use the king size corn tortillas as the regular as just to small for us.

You can also heat/soften corn tortillas individually in a skillet of hot corn oil, drain then roll. Faster in the microwave but dont get the extra flavor from cooking in the oil.

Make sure to separate each tort with a paper towel when heating a stack in the micro so they dont stick. Depends on brand as well.

Damp towel around torts is important as well in micro so they dont dry out. heat on a lower power setting to just steaming.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
284LUVR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
You da man !!!

IC B3

284LUVR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Gonna be chicken enchiladas btw. HUGE breasts in the crockpot ATM

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh then save the chicken juice from the pot to add to sauce as needed to thin out if needed. Also you can add a cup to sauce then cook down and get the good chicken flavor from juice.

"Maybe we're all happy."

284LUVR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I just had chicken enchiladas for supper yesterday & today. They're always better the day after you make them. We make ours with green chilies & sauce. Yummy.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
What sort of mole?

Aren't there different kinds?

What would be a "good" canned sauce?

All we get are La Victoria and Old El Paso.

(dont tell Mathman.........)

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Doña Maria mole.

Id go with La Victoria.

"Maybe we're all happy."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mole, mole, mole......I LOVE a good mole!

Maybe 1 outta 4 Messican joints actually does a good mole. The others suck azz.

I have no answers.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Doña Maria mole.

Id go with La Victoria.

Okay thanks.

You mentioned that earlier. I had it stuck in my head that there were different types of mole. I knew that Dona Maria was a brand name.

This stuff is a dark sauce?

I saw a green one once. Not guac either!

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They sell four different types. Mole Adobo is my favorite.

https://www.salsas.com/dona-maria/products/

"Maybe we're all happy."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I make a world class sauce, but it’s a lot of work. Will text it to you is you want to mess with it.

Sam......

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

702 members (163dm, 160user, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 16Racing, 163bc, 67 invisible), 3,140 guests, and 1,358 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,581
Posts18,454,119
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.