Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Hahaha!

And Millennials are supposed to be the cry babies........

I am MAGA.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Seafire
1. Lock them in a room with a rotary dial phone.

2. an analog watch

3. a TV with no remote...

4. then leave directions for them on how to use, written in cursive...

Not even close. But hey.....rabble rabble rabble grin

Yup.
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Yeah those millennial sure are useless. Wonder who raised them. Oh and who effed up the banking systems and ruined pensions and spent every dime and caused war after war after war and who started the war on drugs and who voted in Democrat after Democrat. And who watched the greatest generation fight communism and then grew up to vote them in here. And who effed up the housing market and who squeezed everyone else out of the good jobs and who effed up medical costs and who ran up the national debt and on...and on...

The most selfish generation possibly ever. And now most are retired sucking huge payouts out of pensions they denied to other people and cant figure out their cell phone or remote control or they are still hanging on at work being 50 percent productive making 70k to walk around confused while keeping that salary tied up so they can't hire any millennials.

Yeah. Two sides to that story.

And once Again while all this was going on they sucked SSI dry and didn't bother to raise functional kids.

Thanks boomers.

Last edited by mjbgalt; 01/17/20.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
How about have them get married before moving in together and living like they are. Oh yeah, tell them they "have to go to Church" at LEAST on Christmas & Easter, jeesh...even their Boomer parents (oops, I meant Grandparents) did that much! ha

Last edited by Jim_Knight; 01/17/20.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Hey....not to worry.

The stock market is booming!

I am MAGA.
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The Millennial effect in nothing new. There has been a percentage of every generation that failed to perform. The Greatest Generation had "Walter Mitty" (1939)

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
And who watched the greatest generation fight communism

Thanks boomers.

The "Greatest Generation" was aligned with Stalin in WW2. Communism could have been stomped in the mud if that old Commie, FDR, hadn't bailed them out.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
FDR and LBJ have a *lot* to do with the situation in America today,.......more than most people realize.

Neither were Boomers.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
fdr was the worst in history. lbj was in the top 10 worst.

MOLON LABE
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by logger
Have them drive a car with a manual transmission.

They would leave it where it’s parked and call Uber.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
It was (part of) the greatest generation that spawned the hippie generation, aka the boomers; of which I am one (boomer, but not hippie!) I guess after the years of army regimentation, they'd just had enough of discipline and let their offspring do whatever felt good. Every generation has its flaws I suppose.

The '60's was a bad time.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
It was (part of) the greatest generation that spawned the hippie generation, aka the boomers; of which I am one (boomer, but not hippie!) I guess after the years of army regimentation, they'd just had enough of discipline and let their offspring do whatever felt good. Every generation has its flaws I suppose.

The turmoil of the 60's was caused by LBJ (greatest generation) sending young men to Vietnam.

No Vietnam war,....no turmoil in the 60's.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
No microwave.

Make them learn to count change.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

The turmoil of the 60's was caused by LBJ (greatest generation) sending young men to Vietnam.

With no war there would have been no music !

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
If you look back, the situation America is in is the result of actions that go back several generations. Millennials are pissed about the situation,..as they have a right to be. But the only reason the Boomer generation is catching grief from them is,..it's the last generation that got to participate in "America" before it all got shipped off to Mexico and China that is still alive.

Millennials point to the young people of the 60's as the cause for their woes. But the young people of the 60's were a reaction to things that had been going on for the better part of the early 20th century,......and the young people of today are reacting to things that went on in America for the entire 20th century.

There's no "one" generation to point to for it.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
When I look back,....I blame the social justice warriors who caused the America Civil War.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Yep, and I will always suspect it was LBJ behind the JKF assassination. And it was JBJ who gave us the Great Society and the War on Poverty, both disasters from which we have not recovered.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
My daughter is a millennial. Not stereotypical, but definitely ... sensitive about it. smile I called her a while back and asked her to explain avocado toast. She lost her sh*t .. TRULY worth the price of admission.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Last edited by jimy; 01/17/20.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
When I look back,....I blame the social justice warriors who caused the America Civil War.

Was wondering how long that was gonna take.

I am MAGA.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

672 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 160user, 66 invisible), 3,525 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,271
Posts18,467,426
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.