Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Putting the smackdown on a thief- - - - - -good!

Doing it on video- - - - -STUPID!

The cops turn the camera off before they beat somebody to a bloody pulp. Ever heard of a "screen test"?
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by mathman
1. If there's a rat in the attic I'll put a wad of peanut butter on a Victor trap and if he goes for it then it's tough for him.

2. If there's a bike thief operating in the neighborhood then I'll prop up a bike against the porch and if he goes for it then it's tough for him.

What is the logical difference between 1 and 2?

The rat is just looking for a bite to eat. The thief is looking to enrich himself at the expense of his fellow human beings in disregard for their fundamental rights.

Even better, the rat isn't as bad as the thief.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
You cant set a trap for people.....unless yer the cops.

Wanna bet?

Dont answer that, Jim.

Its a trap!

Hmmmmm......seems legit to me........

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Ditto. Deliberately left out or not, a thief is still thief.

Where is that "Bait Car" show filmed? Where the cops leave a nice car unlocked with the keys in it or something. Talk about setting a deliberate trap. But even then, an honest person will walk right by it...

[quote=Jim in Idaho]Ditto. Deliberately left out or not, a thief is still thief.

A guy got shot for that in this town one night right on a school campus. From what I was given to understand the Cops hit the “kill” switch of the bait vehicle right across the back fence. The perp bailed, hopped over the 8ft fence but dropped a handgun in the act. Stopping to pick it up proved fatal.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Speaking of California just saw Newsom come up with another gem. Since no one is paying traffic and parking fines he now wants those fines administered in cost by one’s income. If you commit same infraction and poor you pay almost zippo, if high income earner you’re soaked. Progressive is regressive. Under State Constitution it’s probably unconstitutional, but what the hell that never stops a Marxist.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
I would be happy to see the two jackwads in Cali spend life without, or 25 years for each assault committed, served consecutively, wich ever seems to be the lesser sentence.

Pretty harsh there, Judge. What do you recommend for overdue library books? 10 years hard labor?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What do we think about something like this? Not beating the thieves but it's a deliberate bait, in fact it's called bait bike. These guys make several prank videos involving bikes, skateboards, exploding purses and such.

Disclaimer: This could all be fake and staged, I don't know. Just considering the moral/legal implications if they aren't.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
But in Cali-fookedup- ifornia, it is not a crime to steal anything worth less than $950. Technically, then, it was an unprovoked assault.

What a BS law, you can shoot a sombitch here for pushing a bicycle or lawnmower out of your garage if you want too.

Trump Won!
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I'd fine the the guys who filmed themselves the cost of whatever they used to film it. Stupid should hurt at least a little bit. As for the thief he should get one swat for each dollar in value of the bike using the same type of cane the Singapore guys use. No more 15 in a day.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mathman
1. If there's a rat in the attic I'll put a wad of peanut butter on a Victor trap and if he goes for it then it's tough for him.

2. If there's a bike thief operating in the neighborhood then I'll prop up a bike against the porch and if he goes for it then it's tough for him.

What is the logical difference between 1 and 2?

You just aren't seeing the win/win in this. Bicycle owners got thrown in jail and wannabe bicycle owners got beaten. How the hell this won't become a forty page celebration is beyond me.

IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
The bottom line............arrested for having fun.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No issues here at all with leaving a bike in the yard, the keys in my warming rig, or a stuffed deer in the woods to nail road hunters. I'm not the one committing the crime.

Violators should be apprehended, but no one gets a license to issue beat downs.

Years back my mower fritzed and was blowing oil. Parked it at the end of my drive way for months, and damn, no one would steal it. Had several neighbors warn me that I should be more careful, so I had to explain the reasoning behind my actions. Finally found a guy with a motor that needed a frame and he packed it off.

Never caught a thief, but I know the temptation would be there if I did.

Last edited by 1minute; 01/17/20.

1Minute
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
looks like they moved to the wrong neighborhood.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gunner500
But in Cali-fookedup- ifornia, it is not a crime to steal anything worth less than $950. Technically, then, it was an unprovoked assault.

What a BS law, you can shoot a sombitch here for pushing a bicycle or lawnmower out of your garage if you want too.

no you can not , you can shoot only if you or others life is threatened .

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
I think Ok and Texas have different laws.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by persiandog
Originally Posted by gunner500

no you can not , you can shoot only if you or others life is threatened .

You need to get a handle on the Free State of Oklahoma's laws Sir.

Trump Won!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
You're supposed to put a "For Sale" sign on that stuff out by the curb- - - - -it'll be gone overnight!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by jaguartx
I think Ok and Texas have different laws.

You're right Jag, Oklahoma has the make my day law, plus, in 2012 they had an addition added to that law, someone walks up in your yard with their hand in their pocket threatening you, well, blast away if you want, in this part of the world, a Woman or old Folk can damn near about shoot you for anything, law doesn't really care, I'm good with that.

Trump Won!
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by 1minute
No issues here at all with leaving a bike in the yard, the keys in my warming rig, or a stuffed deer in the woods to nail road hunters. I'm not the one committing the crime.

Violators should be apprehended, but no one gets a license to issue beat downs.

What would be the effect if violators had it in the back of their minds that by their own actions they were granting license for the beat down they could get?

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
You're supposed to put a "For Sale" sign on that stuff out by the curb- - - - -it'll be gone overnight!
Jerry

And then BOOM, BOOM, freeze! grin

Trump Won!
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (163bc, 10Glocks, 16Racing, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 56 invisible), 2,454 guests, and 1,343 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,674
Posts18,456,072
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.