Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by jimmyp
Knowing nothing about fixed blade knives except having 2 3.5 inch blade deer cleaning knives what is up with the TDI and is half moon looking shape? I guess I am ignorant in the area of self defense with a knife and wonder how the TDI knife shape facilitates this activity?

You're less likely to lose your grip or hurt your wrist when you're driving it into a human body. It's a more natural movement, kind of like punching.

You know, for all those times you have to stab somebody to death.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Knowing nothing about fixed blade knives except having 2 3.5 inch blade deer cleaning knives what is up with the TDI and is half moon looking shape? I guess I am ignorant in the area of self defense with a knife and wonder how the TDI knife shape facilitates this activity?

It goes with a particular style of deployment (fighting style) that comes from the Philippines, loosely based on their Karambit knives, i.e., they are a Westernized version of the Karambit.

My nephew is a cop in a large Southwestern city, and carries one in uniform on his utility belt. It's a fixed blade.

I'm not personally convinced of its superiority over traditional knives as fighting implements.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by 257heaven
Originally Posted by slumlord
Always purposely include items in the picture not germane to the topic. It’s adds douchery.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

This picture is ridiculous without an expensive cigar and some krugerrands.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Please tell me the elephants are a music box. ??

haha

Why yes....yes it is. It turns and plays when you wind it up. LOL.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Please tell me the elephants are a music box. ??

haha

Why yes....yes it is. It turns and plays when you wind it up. LOL.

Raider Red is a bobble head. The monkey is a neck massager. The furry critters jump up and down when you wind them up.

Come on.....what do you think......I'm plain?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I carry mine to cut stuff. They really come in handy on Christmas Eve and Christmas day. Oh.....and when I bring the mail in. Or when my fingernails are dirty.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
MichiganRoadKill has made me several world class small fixed blades.

Sam......

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I carry mine to cut stuff. They really come in handy on Christmas Eve and Christmas day. Oh.....and when I bring the mail in. Or when my fingernails are dirty.

Plus you can stab somebody to death if you're ever in a pinch.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Always a plus!

Black Cows Matter!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well......yea. I carry everything in the pic....so I can hypnotize them with the bobble head, sprinkle some Japanese Whisky in their eyes, knock the knife and/or gun out of their hand with the vibrating monkey.......do the deed......then wind up the furry critters and set them out to distract the children's eyes when they're walking by.

The mommy and baby elephant music box is just for my personal enjoyment when I'm out and about.

IC B3

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter

In my opinion the best EDC production folder in any of these Maxamet, K390, CruWear, Rex 45, S110

https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details/C81GDGY2/Para-Military-2-G-10-Dark-Gray-Maxamet/1094
Solid advice.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
An Esee Izula makes a pretty handy fixed blade EDC. I always carry a small SAK + a bigger knife. In office attire, the bigger knife is a folder with pocket clip like a Benchmade mini-griptilian. In jeans and a t-shirt, it's usually the Izula in a horizontal sheath on my belt.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
I stopped carrying folders when a liner lock folded up on me and laid my finger to the bone. Then I still had to haul 200# of deer out a couple miles, giving me time and cause to ruminate on the wisdom of fixed blades.

Full size knives fit on your belt if carried horizontally. Favorite is Spyderco Bill Moran. I have carried it most days for about ten years.Georgia ditched the racist laws limiting knife length, but 3" is about all that interests me anyway.

If I need something smaller or have to tuck my shirt in when in an office, the Benchmade Hidden Canyon Hunter does not alarm anyone. Benchmade got controversial after I got that one, but it is an example of how the knife does not have to be tiny if you carry it appropriately.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Have Bill Bagwell make you a five inch Damascus skinner, mine rides on my belt daily, have a little Case Lockhorn folder in a front pocket.

Trump Won!
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Always purposely include items in the picture not germane to the topic. It’s adds douchery.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Tactical teddy bears are NOT douchery. Just my dos centavos...

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by gunner500
Have Bill Bagwell make you a five inch Damascus skinner, mine rides on my belt daily, have a little Case Lockhorn folder in a front pocket.

Damn. Color me envious! Of course, you're of a size to make a 5" knife look like a toothpick, Jerry!

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by deflave

You're less likely to lose your grip or hurt your wrist when you're driving it into a human body. It's a more natural movement, kind of like punching.

You know, for all those times you have to stab somebody to death.

Yeah. That was the concept the Ka-Bar guys brought it out with. I bought mine at a LE conference about 15 years ago, at which time they recommended mounting the knife inside your pants belt on the non-gun side behind your magazine carrier on your duty belt. That way you could reach it with your off hand if you were grappling with a bad guy who's trying to get your gun out of your strong hand. The tactic they demo'd with training knives was to draw the TDI with the left hand, insert the blade into your opponent's forearm at or above the wrist, and then rip it back toward the elbow.

But you could also use it in your fist in a series of short, sharp stabbing motions, a la Pulp Fiction, as Travis has suggested. I expect that works pretty well too, and doesn't require a whole lot of thinking about it.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
As for selecting a knife that could be a good defense tool,....A North American Arms mini revolver is about the same size and weight as a medium size pocket knife. They're not a great fighting tool,,...but if the fight gets up close and personal I'll take one over a knife.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Originally Posted by gunner500

Damn. Color me envious! Of course, you're of a size to make a 5" knife look like a toothpick, Jerry!

LOL, it's clean and lays flat Doc, don't even know it's there unless you need it, that Master Blade Smith talent is even enough for a dummy like me to realize, haven't even got to the 11.5 inch bladed Damascus Bowie he made me, went to his place and shot Sharps rifles all weekend, trying not to founder on all the good eats his Wife was putting on the table, then got measured for the knife, i'll bring it if we ever wind up on another pig shoot or hunt. smile

Trump Won!
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I've talked with Bill on the phone a couple times, but never got around to traveling up there to shoot with him. He is a fount of knowledge when it comes to BP and Sharps rifles! Didn't know he was a knife maker, too. A man of many talents.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

168 members (10gaugemag, 19rabbit52, 30Gibbs, 35sambar, 345dl, 1_deuce, 25 invisible), 2,769 guests, and 979 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,278
Posts18,467,643
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.