Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by mathman
I've noticed an increase in the number of "mag dumpers" at my range. Even when they slow down their hit percentage on an 18" gong at 50 yards isn't too good. I should bring my snub nosed 38 and beat their results to see if they get the point.

Amen.. What worries me is some of you (not you mathman, but some previous posters) guys think these people are 2A supporters, wehn they probably aren't. Around here they support the hell out of meth production and use. They are starting to give us real "2A supporters" a bad name and that's not good for gun owners as a whole... These pukes are the ones dragging out old tvs and couches to shoot at and hang targets on. They litter the hell out of our forests and shooting spots. In the end, they are bad news for us. Trust me....They aren't helping matters..

One day I spent 30 minutes picking trash up on the 25yd range at public use range. The chit I was picking up was mind boggling, bras, socks I’m like wtf.. I’m out their picking trash up two guys show up look at me. I said it’s chit like this that will get this place shutdown. They look at me and go up to the rifle range, thanks ass holes for helping out. The best one was when, these guys asked can we shoot tannerite pointed out on the rules they have screwed to the wood beams. That no you can’t, well next cease fire they setup the tannerite and shoot it. Me and buddy look at them go wtf, two of them left. One stick around to help clean up the ph ucking mess..

Damn man, that sounds like here too. That's what I am saying in my previous post about some of these people aren't our friends. "2A supporters" or not... They don't do us any good..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I try to get to the range when they open, still it isn't long before the EBR crowd shows up. Overhead concrete baffles seem to amplify the noise those things make, can't do any precision shooting with that commotion so I leave when there get to be so many that it's a real distraction. My other peeve is when groups of them share a bench and cannot keep their mouths shut, always has to be a running commentary going on amoungst them.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Paul39
I feel your pain.

IMO, too many ranges are designed by boards or well intended folks who may like guns, support the Second, etc., but don't know much about shooting.

Most of us are a combination of gun nut and shooter, but there is a difference and too many lean disproportionately to the gun nut side, more gun nut than shooter.

JMO

Paul

We don't have those problems.

http://redwoodgunclub.org/

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I'm lucky. I shoot at a private range and often have the range to myself. Rarely more than 2-3 others there and I've never had a truly bad experience. But I won't go on Saturday or any time during the 2 weeks prior to deer season. If I go on Sunday I'm putting up targets in the dark and shooting at 1st light. We have an electronic gate with a code to get in so I don't have to wait for them to open. They don't mind setting up before daylight, just no shooting before sunrise, or after sunset. No one else shows up until about 10AM when I'm about finished. If I get there and there are already more than 2-3 I turn around and go home. I tend to see the same people, we seem to have the same schedules.

The range is closed on Monday's and if I go early on Tuesday I always have to spend a few minutes pulling down old targets from the weekend crowd. That is about the worst thing I have to deal with. I do see a few things that leave me shaking my head. Some guys can't hit the broad side of a barn from the inside. I see some targets that are pretty bad. And I don't understand the concept of firing 20-30 rounds at the same target. The guys on the handgun range are the worst offenders for this. After the 1st few how do you know where you're hitting. I'll put up multiple targets and fire no more than 3-5 rounds at each. When there is a break I tape over my holes and do it over.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm lucky to have a nice range that has about 1800 members.Sometimes on Tues. and Wed. mornings I may be the only one there.

http://corpuschristigunclub.com/

Requirements

Applicants must be able to legally own a firearm in the State of Texas
Applicants must be 18 years old or older
Applicants must have no felony record
Applicants must have two existing club members, in good standing, as sponsors
Applicants must attend an orientation class
Applicants must submit a properly completed membership application
Applicants must pay a $50 initiation fee
Dues for 2020 are $174.00 (due by 12/31/2019) (gate cards are turned off on 1/5/2020 until renewal dues received).

Last edited by baldhunter; 01/17/20.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DollarShort
Last time I went to the range a guy got a saboted bullet stuck half way down in his front stuffer and was throwing a fit. Other than that it was peaceful enough.

It ain't stuck until your ramrod breaks.

""Mute the Greeniacs. Open the pipeline. Bury the Russians." - JPR - 2022
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ol_mike
There are 3 rifle ranges within 65 miles of here and i've realised i can't do load development and find an accurate load at any of them due too gunrange goofs .
All three ranges have the shooting benches all one piece 2 have the seats connected to the benches , so everytime someone next to you shoots or moves it shakes your crosshair. I've given them the name ''ammo-wasters'' they come to the 100 yards range and fire a shot about every two seconds using one of the pieces of treated 4x4 wood as a rest or shooting off their elbows . Never shooting a group inside of 7-10-20'' just bang bang bang . When they leave another one takes their place with his ak-sks-ar handfull of russian ammo . They need to let them shoot at the Dump for free so the rest of us can sight in a gun .
I've been trying to work up loads on some [should be] accurate rifles and have made no progress in a few years thanks to the goofs .

Myself and two other guys spoke with the Bay County shooting range about it - they're discussing how to go about the problem - we were not the first to mention this by a long shot according to them . So maybe after many wasted rounds by me because of the goofs i can get a 6.5x47 L shooting inside of 1.5'' --LAF .
Was looking over my group data this evening and got riled up when realising how long this has been going on .
I've had to leave to range many times when the goofs surround me , you can't talk nice to them and get them to show a small amount of consideration . 130 mile round trip drive and $10 range fee down the drain .

You folks living out west or people with a quiet [goofless] range have it made - here in craphole florida it sucks .

According to the facebook posts I see and post cards from snowbirds, I always thought it was nothing but rainbows and unicorns delivering free candy every day in Florida?

""Mute the Greeniacs. Open the pipeline. Bury the Russians." - JPR - 2022
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Sounds like [bleep] ranges.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Surely you meant to say “when you go to the range, make sure you don’t set up where other people’s brass is going.”

If you could have moved, and did not, it’s all on you.

Originally Posted by Carolina Shooter
if you go to the range, you need to be responsible for where and in what direction your brass gets spent.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
i got very tired of poorly trained people shooting guns ,so i put up my own 100 yard range on my property with a indoor heated shooting house and lights too,even got it state and county approved as a gun range now.some of my closet friends use my range too, now thats how i solved my problem at the rifle ranges.

Last edited by pete53; 01/17/20.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Our local gun club has a 100 members and the local police force can use. Only has a 100 yard rifle range but has 4 concrete benches and is covered. Only bitch I have is a member donated some very nice silhouette targets intended for rim fire and within a month someone had shot all of them with hipower to the point they were completely destroyed.

I also have my own backyard range that I can shoot 100 yards for group and have steel at 25, 50 and 100.

Neighbors have a 600 yard range with a single concrete bench, That I occasionally use. A good friend has a pasture that we can reach 1200 yards but his schedule and mine don’t match up very well and I seldom shoot there.

CK
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Surely you meant to say “when you go to the range, make sure you don’t set up where other people’s brass is going.”

If you could have moved, and did not, it’s all on you.

Originally Posted by Carolina Shooter
if you go to the range, you need to be responsible for where and in what direction your brass gets spent.

Same goes when it come to muzzle brakes. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Never been mad a anyone at the range, actually find it comical sometimes, especially when the 300 magnum kids showed up

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Haha.
Must suck to have to go to a public range.
I can shoot up to around 650 at my property.
Don’t have to ask permission either and don’t have to worry about other people unless I invite them.

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
What part of Florida are you? I'm in Marion County and I dont have that kind of problem here.

If you are helping someone and expecting something in return, you are doing business not kindness.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
No, because I shoot at the deer lease. I grew tired of gun ranges long ago.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I have lost track of how many guys I have met at the range in the last few years that were "snipers" in USMC Recon, SF, Navy SEALS, etc. take your pick.

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
66. Know lots of .300 magnum kids that would give YOU a lesson in shooting..

Molon Labe
O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Elliot
What part of Florida are you? I'm in Marion County and I dont have that kind of problem here.

Bay Country - panama city beach bay county shooting range on steelfield rd . .

Other ranges mentioned walton = bullets and bones

okalooosa = shoal river sporting clays.

You don't have ak-47 SKS and AR shooters shooting 20 rounds in a minute or two -- lucky you ..

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pete53
i got very tired of poorly trained people shooting guns ,so i put up my own 100 yard range on my property with a indoor heated shooting house and lights too,even got it state and county approved as a gun range now.some of my closet friends use my range too, now thats how i solved my problem at the rifle ranges.

Know what you mean. This was my 100 yard range on my last place. Also had one on a ridge top where I could shoot out to 350 yards. Didn't know how good I had it until moving to suburbia.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

231 members (240NMC, 204guy, 2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 1_deuce, 34 invisible), 2,282 guests, and 1,159 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,715
Posts18,457,072
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.