-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
When I had Ray from Zermatt on the phone the other day,my first fhuqking question was whether the receiver was S/S or CM. Sadly...it's CM and that kicks it off the plane,less a 'chute,in objective Hard Use comparison. Hint.(grin)

Speaking of herds,I've a rather exceptional one of High Zoot Rimfires and Vudoo simply STEALS the fhuqking show. Hint.

I'll Zermatt solely by default,because they are the ONLY game in town to feed the Whizzum fire. Choices are easy,when there ain't none! I don't much fret getting my Franklin Kruncheticker Whizzum receiver "damp",nor the S/S 77/17 so chambered,but won't treat the Zermatt like a Vudoo,simply because it is not and can not. Hint.

Flipside bein',a Vudoo Hummer will get opportunities,that my Anschutz 54 1717D HB don't,due the beautiful traits of S/S. Hint.

There's no reason for you to be in sucha' hurry,to make bad decisions. Hint.

Laughing!....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I'm basing my bad decision on where I live. The arid eastern plains of colorado. 15 inches of rain is a good year.....

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Besides, I love my Bighorns (tl3/sr3) but they're stlss.... might as well give them a little matching companion.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Yeah Don, the SS thing aint a thing around here save 3 months of the year when I'm busy doing something else.

And even then, the Origins have been great.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've got an MPA Attitude L/A ("Ver 1" as I call it, sans the grip area and forend texturing) as well as an AG Composites Alpine Hunter, again LA. Got the MPA on a 'try it before you buy it" deal thru Dick @ RHR. I was impressed.) They are all comparable in many ways to a McM Game Hunter. My preference leans toward the McM, but in a pinch, the MPA would be my next choice. MPA seems a little thick in the wrist/grip, but I attribute that to my 'home grown texturing'. I suspect the current MPA Attitude is closer to the McM Game Hunter in the aforementioned areas. Forend on the AG Alpine Hunter is too 'square' for my liking.

If (when) I get a 700 footprint rimfire barrel action, be it it RimX or Vudoo, it'll go in a XLR Element - if only temporarily, because I have one laying around and it would allow me to start shooting immediately.

Originally Posted by Big Stick
Were I going AG,it'd be through MPA in their Altitude pattern,ala RHR. Mine should be here tomorrow,if the weather plays nice(ain't supposed to). Under 600 clams to the door and setting on the shelf,ready to roll.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If it "helps",Vudoo's come in multiple colors including a matte black,so you could tell fellow City Slickers that it's "CM"...for Style Points!.(grin)

In a modest contour and placing an order,it'd be McMillan Classic in Sporter fill.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Upping the ante and looking for mass,it'd McMillan Annie Sillywet in HEAVY fill(16lbs of blood,guts and fury).

Though I lament the inability to score a McMillan T-hole Annie Sillywet,for a few more builds.

Along with their Traditionaler and yet discontinued Sillywet.

I prefer the Rem Hunter,to either the Game Hunter or A3 Sporter.

Herds are handy.

Hint..................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
How many Vudoos you up to now Larry?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Only have 2. Was waiting on stocks,so they both have been in more than one handle.

Keep thinking about trying an Anschutz,because they are CM and it doesn't rain here either.

Laughing!..............

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Ever had a Nitrided action?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If a guy shoots even a SMIDGE,he's gunning Nitrided something or others...whether he knows it or not. Hint.

Pass the S/S and the spray paint. The only shake & bake coating I'd take seriously,is Robbie's NP3...but he pulled the pin. Electro chemical coatings are real.

Whattaya' trying/hoping to do?....................

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
I was more curious as to any problems you've had with nitride.

I'm 100% with you on a Stainless bbl, but missing the concern on the nitrided action.

You seen the Trijicon wind reading binos?

Range to 5,000 and wind to 500.

Only $8,000

Would be a fun tool to have with a skookum rimfire in hand.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Personally, I won't shoot a rimfire much past 4000, so can't justify them.....grin

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Higbean
I was more curious as to any problems you've had with nitride.

I'm 100% with you on a Stainless bbl, but missing the concern on the nitrided action.

You seen the Trijicon wind reading binos?

Range to 5,000 and wind to 500.

Only $8,000

Would be a fun tool to have with a skookum rimfire in hand.

'bean,

In fairness and to be concise,they(Trijicon Ventus) are NOT a Binocular...rather a Monocular. Hint. Congratulations?!?

It's elder Technology(Lidar ain't "new"),applied closer to Joe Average and it's of course welcomed. Who the fhuqk WOULDN'T welcome a Wind Reader,if only as a tool to quantify readins from the hip? Personally,I've less than zero interest,in a cumbersome/heavy Monocular. Nice thing is,others will follow suit and it'll eventually be incorporated in a Bino,with abilities much exceeding the current 500yd threshold and simply become mainstream. When that becomes reality,I'll be there. Hint.(grin)

I'll keep shooting my Base 10 Mantra,until that time.

I'm soooooooo not a fhuqking Coatings Guy. I'll NEVER understand a CM Custom Action,nor a CM spout in this day & age. Metallurgy is metallurgy,to the chagrin of Excuse makers everywhere!

Hint...................(grin)

'22,

You are in a better LR realm than I,due simply to Atmospherics. I can reach the 700yd line and small change all in,with more than a few 22LR platforms...but 52 Mils will only take a guy so far,mechanically. That's as per current typical configurations and 10x MQ's bottomed THE fhuqk out in erector travel/50yd zero. I'm not into adding more inclination,to hand crosshair intersection away and paste a 50yd zero 5 Mil's above same. Hint. Congratulations?!?

There is NO fun,like Long Range Rimfire FUN.

Hint.....................

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Big Stick
[quote=Higbean]

'bean,

In fairness and to be concise,they(Trijicon Ventus) are NOT a Binocular...rather a Monocular. Hint. Congratulations?!?

It's elder Technology(Lidar ain't "new"),applied closer to Joe Average and it's of course welcomed. Who the fhuqk WOULDN'T welcome a Wind Reader,if only as a tool to quantify readins from the hip? Personally,I've less than zero interest,in a cumbersome/heavy Monocular. Nice thing is,others will follow suit and it'll eventually be incorporated in a Bino,with abilities much exceeding the current 500yd threshold and simply become mainstream. When that becomes reality,I'll be there. Hint.(grin)

I'll keep shooting my Base 10 Mantra,until that time.

I'm soooooooo not a fhuqking Coatings Guy. I'll NEVER understand a CM Custom Action,nor a CM spout in this day & age. Metallurgy is metallurgy,to the chagrin of Excuse makers everywhere!

Hint...................(grin)

Well, yeah, I suppose monocular vs. binocular could be argued same as chicken vs. egg.

Been hearing Nick Vitalbo talk about the Lidar stuff for a while and very happy to see this tech available even if in a cumbersome $8,000 package, and as we all know, the prices will drop and in 10 years (maybe less) every guy on Snipers Hide will have them mounted to their tripod.

On a serious note, what issues have you had with nitrided receivers?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
AG in a MPA 'Tude ala RHR. Hint.

Bummer to cut checks and have weather hamper Mail...but it happens. Hint.

Nothing else in the AG lineup,is even close and this is an exceptionally well thunked out pattern. MPA done did a great job of sculpting.

Hint.................

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Gotta like that MPA Glacier camo pattern.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I like the Mojave color MPA for my perpetually brown country.

I did get everything ordered for my RimX today. They say mid to late March....

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I did get to shoot one 50yd group after zero before the eye went blurry.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

FYI...Got the Vudoo .22 briefly to the range during the week....short visit, too soon after eye surgery...I found out the Manners mini chassis mag catch allows to much up and down movement of the mag and does not feed the Eley black (with that blunt nose) without issues. I was on the phone with Paul from Vudoo (very helpful) and there are several options.....one is to order an extended mag release from Manners and custom fit it so it holds the mag in proper position...2nd is to wait for Vudoo new design mag that should correct the problem according to Paul. By the way, he did offer right up front to fix the catch if I would send him the rifle. A gentleman !

Patron member, NRA, Life Member SCI,
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
bolted the RimX up today. A few changes from original, but really digging it...

[Linked Image from i26.photobucket.com]

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Once you put it on paper- report back. I’m really trying to convince myself I don’t need one

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

660 members (160user, 12344mag, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 64 invisible), 2,489 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,631
Posts18,455,194
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.